Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Really jealous of Southampton. Consistently get to enjoy the finer things in football for the relative size of the club. Well run and play great football under a great manager. Aah well. 

Sell players at the right time, consistently appoint good managers and rebuild the team when it’s declining. Hard to believe this time last year they were getting tonked 9-0 at home and now look at them. Model to follow. 

28 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Sell players at the right time, consistently appoint good managers and rebuild the team when it’s declining. Hard to believe this time last year they were getting tonked 9-0 at home and now look at them. Model to follow. 

The manager was gone for me after that defeat, I remember watching the game and if anything 9-0 flattered them, I just couldn't see a way back for him. 

The board/owners must really have the finger on the pulse of their club to be able to have the confidence to stick by him and the belief that he could turn it around, fair play to them all. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The manager was gone for me after that defeat, I remember watching the game and if anything 9-0 flattered them, I just couldn't see a way back for him. 

The board/owners must really have the finger on the pulse of their club to be able to have the confidence to stick by him and the belief that he could turn it around, fair play to them all. 

Let's hope the Blunts have that same faith (hopefully misplaced) in Wilder and continue backing him.

I have just seen Klopp whinging about penalties (or lack of them). 

Mane is the biggest cheating diving coont out there, he quite clearly throws his legs back and then dives, it baffles me how supposedly top pundits on MOTD etc say stonewall penalty on some quite obvious diving.

It's never going to happen, but what should of happened is VAR should of looked at it, said he clearly dives and then he should be booked/sent off.

11 minutes ago, thesouthowl said:

I have just seen Klopp whinging about penalties (or lack of them). 

Mane is the biggest cheating diving coont out there, he quite clearly throws his legs back and then dives, it baffles me how supposedly top pundits on MOTD etc say stonewall penalty on some quite obvious diving.

It's never going to happen, but what should of happened is VAR should of looked at it, said he clearly dives and then he should be booked/sent off.

None of them were penalties for me but on one of them last night there was more contact initiated by the defender than was the case for the penalty Man Utd were awarded against Villa. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

None of them were penalties for me but on one of them last night there was more contact initiated by the defender than was the case for the penalty Man Utd were awarded against Villa. 

It's the contact bit that infuriates me when managers, pundits etc talk about penalties. If you watch Mane, he may have had contact (that doesn't make it a foul) and then he dives and pushes his legs backwards. This to me is then blatant cheating, it's really obvious and so should be appropriately punished.

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, thesouthowl said:

This to me is then blatant cheating, it's really obvious and so should be appropriately punished.

Couldn't agree more, however it will never happen as it's now part of the game.

Like I've said for years, kids will be now practicing their dives rather than their shooting skills.

The powers that be could eradicate the cheating easy, bans, fines etc, but they know the young uns growing up, their bread and butter for future cash just see it as the norm. Computer games will have dive buttons soon.

Old dinosaurs like me that hate cheating are no relevance to the powers that be anymore.

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

That’s an absolute clusterfuck by VAR.

Luke Shaw kicked the ball against the Burnley player. Never a foul, no malice in the follow through.

Brady should have walked.

100%.

Shaw won the ball, is his foot supposed to just stop??? of course there is a follow through.

Brady was a red all day long. Clumsy but a red.

Joke decisions.

Guest Bulgaria
Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

Pleased you say that, thought I was going mad when none of the commentary thought he got the ball.

I was watching the VAR replays and all it did was stop at the point of when his foot made contact with the Burnley player, rather than stop at the point of him winning the ball.

Unfair and wrong. 

40 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I think Fulham & WBA are destined for the drop, and taking the S2 shytehawks with them.

This is more reliant on how Brighton & Burnley perform now. The safety line points tally needs raising asap. 

Catching Fulham & WBA means nothing for the pigs if safety is too far gone.

Fulham have shown a bit more than I expected of them of late, Brighton look toothless and, if last night is anything to go by, Newcastle will be lucky to get another point all season!