Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

On 14/01/2021 at 14:55, FreshOwl said:

I still think it’ll be Liverpool and Man City fighting for the title. Still think Man Utd are in a false position, and haven’t  dealt with anything like the injuries Liverpool and city have.

Look how cocky they’re getting, gloating like they’ve won the bloody thing. It’s been 17 games. 1st time they’ve been top at this stage of a season since Fergie left 7 years ago 

I don’t think I could take it if they win. Their fans are the most entitled sacks of poo in existence 

I honestly reckon I’d rather the pigs stop up 

Wash your bloody mouth out.

Having dealt with many a plastic Manc and Scouser, I can absolutely confirm that the latter are far more unbearable.

Plastics Mancs are a joke, but plastic Scousers are just mental.

Even when they win, there is always something to complain about, some sort of perceived slight that they are not happy with. 

Tomorrow when the two of them play, have a peruse on Twitter and see if Martin Tyler is trending. See some of the stuff aimed at him from supppsed Liverpool fans. Absolute weirdos.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Having dealt with many a plastic Manc and Scouser, I can absolutely confirm that the latter are far more unbearable.

Plastics Mancs are a joke, but plastic Scousers are just mental.

Even when they win, there is always something to complain about, some sort of perceived slight that they are not happy with. 

Tomorrow when the two of them play, have a peruse on Twitter and see if Martin Tyler is trending. See some of the stuff aimed at him from supppsed Liverpool fans. Absolute weirdos.

The man u fans are more used to success which is probably why. End of the day they're the exact same sort of people

22 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Antonio is such a good player

Yep.

He's become such a good player. Shame he gets so many injuries.

I know people crow on about how we let him go on the cheap - and we did, with a degree of hindsight.

But he's also kicked on as a player because he left and got to play with much better players.

On 14/01/2021 at 21:09, Ever the pessimist said:

I agree with the first 2 paragraphs. Personally I’d probably prefer Man U to win than Liverpool (back in the 90s / 00s I was the other way round).

No way I’d rather pigs stop up than that!

Thought you said Man City were on the slide and Pep was on his way out this season? 

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Our resident Baggies must be absolutely buzzing after that result. 

Still a tall order to stay up mind you. 

Wolves seem to have hit something of a glass ceiling. 

Raul Jiminez is instrumental to the way they play being successful and they look a bit lost without him. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Thought you said Man City were on the slide and Pep was on his way out this season? 

You’ve a hell of a memory!

I don’t think city are anywhere near what they were, but this season will require far fewer points to win the league than recent ones. They do seem to have rediscovered a bit of energy though.

I am surprised Pep has committed to a longer stay to be honest.

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Did I hear they are after Diego Costa or did I dream that? 

3 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

That sounds a good option to me (unless he is buggered these days)

Seemed an ideal match for Simeone in Madrid but they have moved on with Suarez and look better this season without him, so much so that they terminated his contract. 

Still at 32 I would imagine he could still do a job at mid-table PL level. 

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

You’ve a hell of a memory!

I don’t think city are anywhere near what they were, but this season will require far fewer points to win the league than recent ones. They do seem to have rediscovered a bit of energy though.

I am surprised Pep has committed to a longer stay to be honest.

They certainly haven't been as free-flowing as they are at their best but another cup final in the bag and right in the mix in the league with their games in hand. Not having a fit Aguero does affect how they play sometimes and I've been surprised how well they have defended recently.

As for the memory, some things just seem to stick, don't know why. Sure someone said Phil Foden hasn't progressed and will be regretting staying at City earlier this season, think it was Ellis.........

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

They certainly haven't been as free-flowing as they are at their best but another cup final in the bag and right in the mix in the league with their games in hand. Not having a fit Aguero does affect how they play sometimes and I've been surprised how well they have defended recently.

As for the memory, some things just seem to stick, don't know why. Sure someone said Phil Foden hasn't progressed and will be regretting staying at City earlier this season, think it was Ellis.........

Their defending has improved, I’ll grant that.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9091605/Phil-Foden-increasingly-frustrated-lack-game-time-midfielder-desperate-run-games.html if the reports are true I was right

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Don't believe all that you read in the daily mail mate.

Phil Foden is their top scorer this season and seems very happy with how he is progressing. 

I can find your post and see how accurate you were if you want?  

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't believe all that you read in the daily mail mate.

Phil Foden is their top scorer this season and seems very happy with how he is progressing. 

I can find your post and see how accurate you were if you want?  

Yeh I'm sure he will love the fact he's getting lots of gametime in the weakest incarnation of Man City since he's been a pro footballer.

Yeh drag the posts off and see what I said about him and Fraudiola lol

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh I'm sure he will love the fact he's getting lots of gametime in the weakest incarnation of Man City since he's been a pro footballer.

Ellis Rimmer

Sheffield Wednesday Board Member

10,926 posts

Posted October 31, 2020

Foden was supposed to be a replacement for Silva, Guardiola wouldn't give him a game barely nor loan him out. Silva retired and Foden gets more time now, but hasn't really improved since he first started making first team appearances a couple of years ago. So now there is a huge void which could have been avoided-which is poor management.

Reached a cup final, in the England squad regularly, progressing through the Champions League and top scorer in a team that will above Liverpool and one point off top if they win their game in hand.

'hasn't really improved under poor management'! 

WTF::ghoulguy:

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ellis Rimmer

Sheffield Wednesday Board Member

10,926 posts

Posted October 31, 2020

Foden was supposed to be a replacement for Silva, Guardiola wouldn't give him a game barely nor loan him out. Silva retired and Foden gets more time now, but hasn't really improved since he first started making first team appearances a couple of years ago. So now there is a huge void which could have been avoided-which is poor management.

Reached a cup final, in the England squad regularly, progressing through the Champions League and top scorer in a team that will above Liverpool and one point off top if they win their game in hand.

'hasn't really improved under poor management'! 

WTF::ghoulguy:

Yeh he's on for the Ballon d'or clearly 🙄

3 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh he's on for the Ballon d'or clearly 🙄

Ah, 20 year old Phil Foden, who according to you has not progressed in 2 years, should be a Ballon D'or candidate by now but isn't because Pep has held him back.

Gotcha! 👍

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Ah, 20 year old Phil Foden, who according to you has not progressed in 2 years, should be a Ballon D'or candidate by now but isn't because Pep has held him back.

Gotcha! 👍

You're attacking me on the back of you claiming that he's having a good season with City whereas the reports are that he was recently disgruntled and they're having a poor season. Even recent games where they have been winning haven't been impressive.

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You're attacking me on the back of you claiming that he's having a good season with City whereas the reports are that he was recently disgruntled and they're having a poor season. Even recent games where they have been winning haven't been impressive.

I am calling you out for saying Phil Foden hasn't improved in 2 years!

You then point to a 'report' in the Daily Mail to try and support your claim. Foden generally speaks quite highly of his manager and knows he needs to progress further as per this recent article with direct quotes from then man himself.  https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/phil-foden-eager-keep-improving-under-pep-guardiola-as-paul/b9vc33updtf41vqf77e1nj4gl

19 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

The weakest incarnation who could very well end up winning the title?