Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ridiculous decision just there.

Ben Mee absolutely clattered by the keeper and the ref gives a foul against Mee.

Shambolic.

Why isn’t VAR checking that? Genuine question. Why can’t VAR intervene, Leeds keeper steams into the back of the Burnley player. If it’s not a goal, it’s a pen surely? 

What a farce 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

Guest Bulgaria

Ref having a nite mate.

Blowing for any contact.

What I don't understand is why wasn't VAR used for Burnleys disallowed goal?

Is it up to the ref or what?

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Apparently once the ref has blown the whistle for a foul, VAR can’t intervene.

I mean how stupid is that? 

Mind boggling.

But no surprise.

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Apparently once the ref has blown the whistle for a foul, VAR can’t intervene.

I mean how stupid is that? 

It can't overturn the decision to disallow the goal because it happened after the whistle was blown, but surely it could look at whether or not to award a penalty?

I thought the referee in the Leeds game was an embarrassment.

Theres no justification for free kick to Leeds for the Burnley goal so, how the VAR don’t intervene for a clear and obvious error I do not know.

He also booked Westwood in the 2nd half for clearing the ball. Dallas ran into his leg after the ball had been cleared. 

Loads of little silly decisions that were just wrong. 

37 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

I thought the referee in the Leeds game was an embarrassment.

Theres no justification for free kick to Leeds for the Burnley goal so, how the VAR don’t intervene for a clear and obvious error I do not know.

He also booked Westwood in the 2nd half for clearing the ball. Dallas ran into his leg after the ball had been cleared. 

Loads of little silly decisions that were just wrong. 

Who is this ref, not seen him do many PL games before and he got a key decision wrong in a game that wasn't really difficult to officiate and got plenty of others wrong too. 

VAR can't intervene though as he has blown the whistle for the 'foul' before the ball then goes into the net so he has stopped play before the goal. VAR could possibly overturn his decision if it was deemed to be a foul by the keeper and give a penalty but I think that may also have been wrong, it just wasn't a foul by either player. 

Moyes has done a decent job this season but he is going to rightly get some stick if they lose this game.

Left a host of creative players on the bench for a home game against a side that has won once in thirteen and fielded 8 defensive minded players. Pulisesque