Official Premier League 2020/21 Thread

TheEnchanter

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You're attacking me on the back of you claiming that he's having a good season with City whereas the reports are that he was recently disgruntled and they're having a poor season. Even recent games where they have been winning haven't been impressive.

Were you passed out during Chelsea?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I am calling you out for saying Phil Foden hasn't improved in 2 years!

You then point to a 'report' in the Daily Mail to try and support your claim. Foden generally speaks quite highly of his manager and knows he needs to progress further as per this recent article with direct quotes from then man himself.  https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/phil-foden-eager-keep-improving-under-pep-guardiola-as-paul/b9vc33updtf41vqf77e1nj4gl

You're calling me out for something I said in October? bizarre 

Multiple news outlets reported that after he only started once in ten games

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

The weakest incarnation who could very well end up winning the title? 

Clearly they're not the weakest incarnation if they win the title... but right now, this is the weakest City have been in a few years.

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You're calling me out for something I said in October? bizarre 

Multiple news outlets reported that after he only started once in ten games

Clearly they're not the weakest incarnation if they win the title... but right now, this is the weakest City have been in a few years.

Do you think Phil Foden has improved in the last 2 years? He is currently the top scorer for Manchester City who are in a cup final, through to the next stage of the Champions League and 1 point off top of the PL if they win their game in hand. Who is having a better season than this weak Man City? 

Do you think the article I have linked where he speaks openly about where he is at is more of a reflection of how he feels rather than some tabloid stories?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you think Phil Foden has improved in the last 2 years? He is currently the top scorer for Manchester City who are in a cup final, through to the next stage of the Champions League and 1 point off top of the PL if they win their game in hand. Who is having a better season than this weak Man City? 

Do you think the article I have linked where he speaks openly about where he is at is more of a reflection of how he feels rather than some tabloid stories?

He has improved but not to the extent I hoped he would do and this is due to a lack of game time over the past few years. He has 4 goals which is an ok return but nothing special, joint 23rd in PL goals this year, no big deal. Liverpool and Man Utd are having a better season than City. And of course he isn't going to slag Pep to the press.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What about it? Man City should be dominating with their resources. Do you think they're really good at the moment or something?

I think they are picking up wins and in great form right now. 

You can't dispute that, no matter how much you will no doubt try to.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

I think they are picking up wins and in great form right now. 

You can't dispute that, no matter how much you will no doubt try to.

No I thought they were awful against Brighton, they looked well off of the pace. 

These are messages to my friend 

"Man City are shiiiiiite"

"Was fuming when sterling stepped up. City were really poor, Brighton pushing for equaliser at end, had loads of the ball"

"Fraudiola"

I will tell you something even worse than Man City though

Timo Werner. What is this guy about? Terrible

11 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

He has improved but not to the extent I hoped he would do and this is due to a lack of game time over the past few years. He has 4 goals which is an ok return but nothing special, joint 23rd in PL goals this year, no big deal. Liverpool and Man Utd are having a better season than City. And of course he isn't going to slag Pep to the press.

He has improved significantly and most can see that.

How are Liverpool having a better season? They were miles clear of City this time last season and City have reached a cup final and have been more convincing in Europe?

If City win tomorrow and Man Utd don't then City will go above Utd in the league if they win their game in hand, having knocked them out of a cup at the semi-final stage. Man Utd have also crashed out of the Champions League at the group stage. 

Terrible season city are having! 

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

No I thought they were awful against Brighton, they looked well off of the pace. 

"Was fuming when sterling stepped up. City were really poor, Brighton pushing for equaliser at end, had loads of the ball"

"Fraudiola"

Shocked by the highlighted bit! 

"Fraudiola"

The moment you put friend I stopped believing you.

15 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What about it? Man City should be dominating with their resources. Do you think they're really good at the moment or something?

How much have Man Utd spent again? Short of resources are they? 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He has improved significantly and most can see that.

How are Liverpool having a better season? They were miles clear of City this time last season and City have reached a cup final and have been more convincing in Europe?

If City win tomorrow and Man Utd don't then City will go above Utd in the league if they win their game in hand, having knocked them out of a cup at the semi-final stage. Man Utd have also crashed out of the Champions League at the group stage. 

Terrible season city are having! 

It's all if this happens and if this happens with you. Liverpool are higher in the division and are therefore doing better. 

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

"Fraudiola"

How did Liverpool look against Brighton recently? 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How much have Man Utd spent again? Short of resources are they? 

Man Utd were a million miles off of City in recent years, the fact they have somewhat bridged that gap is excellent from Ole

Why are you two so defensive about Man City anyway?

It's all if this happens and if this happens with you. Liverpool are higher in the division and are therefore doing better. 

Liverpool were miles clear of City this time last season, City have closed the gap so must be doing comparatively better this season than they were last so this can't be their worst season in years, right? 

City have played less games than Liverpool, that is the reason Liverpool are currently above City. 

Man Utd were a million miles off of City in recent years, the fact they have somewhat bridged that gap is excellent from Ole

Why are you two so defensive about Man City anyway?

Not defensive, just pointing out the facts. Why can't you admit you are wrong?