BREAKING NEWS - NEW STRIKER / WINGER / FORWARD - ELIAS KACHUNGA!!!

Yesterday Dom was saying he couldn't see any mileage in the Kachunga rumour because he'd watched him play this season and didn't think he would be the answer to any of our problems.

tbh that's exactly what I thought so I was underwhelmed when I heard we'd actually signed him. 4 goals in 75 matches....

BUT

It's clear that Monk wants us to play a different brand of football - high energy, high press, full of running.

Last year we just couldn't play that way because we looked like the most unfit team in the league. 

Maybe, just maybe, these new players who might not have the quality of FF or Fletch or Murphy might actually enable us to play the way Monk wants.

Apart from set pieces, we looked at our most dangerous against Leicester when we won the ball high up the pitch. Heck we almost scored with a front two of Grant and Hagan. If Windass and Kachunga (and Brown, Harris, Reach etc) can chase, press and harry we might force errors that give us more opportunities than any amount of pretty football. 

Windass, Kachunga and Brown are already well-known by Beattie and Hughes. We're not buying blind.

Maybe there's a plan taking shape here

Or maybe they're just rubbish. We won't know until about November. 

Let's give them a chance.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, bdmfournil said:

I wonder if he might just have fully recovered from his injury, its usually age that causes a loss of pace not an ankle ligament injury.

I actually got quicker after my ankle ligaments injury because I started doing rebound training which strengthened the ligaments...BTW this was as a 30 year old 😎

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

3 goals in 36....

I prefer to give people a chance rather than get on their backs before they kick a ball for us. It sometimes seems like I'm one of only a few who think like that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Steelman said:

Having had the opportunity to sleep on this signing I'm still of the same opinion.

Garbage player

Garbage signing

And for all those that have a problem with people that aren't impressed or see it as negativity that other fans think he's no good, perhaps you might want to go away and consider what the point of a forum is.

Absolutely no qualms with that opinion... but I have to ask... were you expecting better?

4 minutes ago, prowl said:

I prefer to give people a chance rather than get on their backs before they kick a ball for us. It sometimes seems like I'm one of only a few who think like that.

Over here fella, it's rather amusing that folks have an opinion about players before they've even put the shirt on. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I actually got quicker after my ankle ligaments injury because I started doing rebound training which strengthened the ligaments...BTW this was as a 30 year old 😎

Are you free Saturday around 3pm for a few hours and can you be in the West Midlands?

Take your boots to the Bescot and ask for Garry. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, prowl said:

I think you're on the wrong site mate. I'm not getting on his back, I'm just saying I'm not overly excited about his signing. As with all Wednesday players, I'll give him a chance and hope he's excellent for us. 

As for being one of the few, I was and am a consistent supporter of Nuhiu who got stick on here regardless of what he did.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, prowl said:

Give them a chance, I say.

• Like 1

Guest Kameron
On 02/09/2020 at 15:33, SiJ said:

Should also be said this is a bloke who was an integral part of a team who got promoted a few seasons back. 

That's more than most players who've played for SWFC in recent times.

Apart from of the top off me bonce.

Wallace

FF

Pudil

Abdi

Hooper

Fletcher

Boyd

Dave Jones

Edited by Kameron

On 02/09/2020 at 16:43, Mrmason69 said:

The club absolutely refused to give young promising strikers like demba and borukov a chance and then we sign players like this 

Not even an 11 year old would make these decisions

Hang on, he just did 

Again 

Ah yes, Preslav Borukov, now playing for SFC Etar Veliko Tarnovo in Bulgaria. 

Seems we aren't the only ones who passed up on his undoubted talents at this level.......

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ah yes, Preslav Borukov, now playing for SFC Etar Veliko Tarnovo in Bulgaria. 

Seems we aren't the only ones who passed up on his undoubted talents at this level.......

Borukov obsession is something I will never understand.