BREAKING NEWS - NEW STRIKER / WINGER / FORWARD - ELIAS KACHUNGA!!!

47 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

It's your comment about us being beat up week in week out which I'm picking you up in, it's simply not true. Don't use average figures to cover every week.

And btw, my expectations are as high as anyone's, so don't give up the day job.

What are your expectations - or everyone else’s quote unquote ?

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

What are people expecting...strikers with a 1 in 2 record? 1 in 3? 

They cost millions in today’s market and were not in any position to attract or sign players of that calibre 

Have some ******** realism 

Agreed.  But hopefully 1 in a season isn't too much to ask!  4 goals in 75 isn't the return any professional forward should be happy with!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just not bothered...

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Please Mr Chansiri with these signings you are spoiling us.

I think you’ll find that the signings of proven players like Boyd, Abdi, Jones and Rhodes spoiled us. 
In fact, they ruined us. 
But here we are, still breathing. So let’s get on wi’ it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

We need an out and out striker, proven at this level, 20 goal a season man, minimum.

We will not pay him daft money nor a big transfer fee.

There's foookin hundreds of em just sat praying that they get the call from the massive.

Some of our fans have the IQ of a Kit Kat...

2 or 4 fingers? I’m not bothered but my missus prefers 4.

Friend of mine is a long term season ticket holder at Huddersfield.

He says that Brown is a class act if he can stay fit.

On Kachunga (who I haven’t been that impressed with when seeing him play on TV or against us) my friend says he is a gamble but on his day can be dynamite. He says he works hard all game and is very fit, so is often useful in the last 15 mins of games.

• Like 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl

More than happy with this. Monk for all his faults, recognizes that pace is if huge importance. Having a forward line of Kachunga and Windass gives us that. We will be a counter attacking side this season. Still need a brute of a centre forward as an option though.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, fpowl said:

Can’t believe some of these comments 

our signings seem to becoming with pace a thing we have severely lacked 

they have interchangeable qualities 

Kachunga, Harris, windass will all get at players Harris and kachunga with pace 

brown will open doors and be class around them

dont much about the young City but people are raving about him 

but think we will sign another forward 

but as it stands in a 352 we could start with 

windass  Luongo brown Bannan Harris 

Kachunga Rhodes 

think there’s a enough to be worried with there when brown windass and Harris get forward 

be interesting to see what other striker we get Kachunga is decent in air I know a lot wouldn’t want him but Connor wickham would thrive up there especially  if you get reach on the pitch too 

Windass at wing back? Do some of our fans actually watch football? Never played there in his LIFE! Windass and Kachunga will be the top two with hopefully one more to come in and then good old Jordan will get splinters in his arse again 

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Cant polish a turd no matter what you try. If this is our level we are in trouble.

Not that old chestnut,so the teams a turd? new signings ditto? without so much as seeing a team sheet? before we have seen 1 match?...do you know how ridiculous that sounds?...You have no idea whatsoever how these new signings are going to gell with the existing players,how effective they might be,or what formation the manager will use,moving forward..(and neither do i..)

The only logical thing to do,is wait & see,and than offer up a fair opinion,based on what we see....What possible good can come out of this constant negativity??

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

What are your expectations - or everyone else’s quote unquote ?

My expectations are for us to win every game and be the best team in the league. What are yours?

I can't answer your second question as I didn't say my expectations are as high as everyones, I said they are as high as anyone's, there's a difference.

Kachunga on the evidence of the video is good with his head, he finds space in the box and is good at getting across the defender. He's fast and an intelligent forward.

I'm pleaed that we now have have options. I hope we het a big guy as well but sometimes movement is the thing big defenders least like. We need several people in the box for crosses not just a big guy. The speed of Kachunga and Windass gives us that.

I like that we are putting together a squad of players who have lost their way of fallen out of favour. In the past we've got some cracking players that way. Loovens, Westwood, Lees, McGugan and even FF.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

My expectations are for us to win every game and be the best team in the league. What are yours?

I can't answer your second question as I didn't say my expectations are as high as everyones, I said they are as high as anyone's, there's a difference.

Well, it’s clearly pointless engaging with you. 
But thanks for managing my expectations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slow83 said:

Appears to be quantity not quality at the moment.

Totally underwhelmed by the goal scoring records of our new signings, a key area for us to improve on from the second half of last season. Very worrying

Didnt worry them across the other side of the City...look who they signed.

Guest Kameron

We’ve signed some poo over the years but these are up there with the finest pile.  Never mind how many games will take to amass 12 points, it will be foo king years.