BREAKING NEWS - NEW STRIKER / WINGER / FORWARD - ELIAS KACHUNGA!!!

7 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not that old chestnut,so the teams a turd? new signings ditto? without so much as seeing a team sheet? before we have seen 1 match?...do you know how ridiculous that sounds?...You have no idea whatsoever how these new signings are going to gell with the existing players,how effective they might be,or what formation the manager will use,moving forward..(and neither do i..)

The only logical thing to do,is wait & see,and than offer up a fair opinion,based on what we see....What possible good can come out of this constant negativity??

Yes give it at least 5 minutes into the first game before you judge them.lol

United have built a team from unfancied players. Let's give ours a chance, sometimes players seem average and then they join the right club and somehow seem to be on a different level. Let's hope our signings all gel into a team which is greater than it's parts. Things are changing at Hillsborough, we've got new players to bed in but we seem to have a purpose and a plan.

Much more to do but so far we've done better than I expected us to do. Still a long way to go but I can see us beating the drop with just a bit of luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kameron said:

We’ve signed some poo over the years but these are up there with the finest pile.  Never mind how many games will take to amass 12 points, it will be foo king years.

To think I disagreed with the bat poo crazy post earlierlol

23 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

More than happy with this. Monk for all his faults, recognizes that pace is if huge importance. Having a forward line of Kachunga and Windass gives us that. We will be a counter attacking side this season. Still need a brute of a centre forward as an option though.

I thought we were a counter attacking side last season hence the goals we scored away and the struggle we had to do this at home where the onus is on us more to force the issue. I fear a similar pattern this season so it’s imperative that we are better defensively. The keeper situation concerns me as we concede shedloads if either Dawson or Wildsmith play regularly?

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 minutes ago, Jim said:

I thought we were a counter attacking side last season hence the goals we scored away and the struggle we had to do this at home where the onus is on us more to force the issue. I fear a similar pattern this season so it’s imperative that we are better defensively. The keeper situation concerns me as we concede shedloads if either Dawson or Wildsmith play regularly?

Totally agree. The balance of the side will be better but neither keeper is good enough. Will be a long season...

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That first 11 from 2016-17 that you have ripped to shreds got 81 points that season. Unreliable!  Looking forward to this team doing better than that, especially as many deride the manager we had back then too. 

How did it all end?

Hooper - crocked, walked away for nothing

Fletcher - crocked for most of his contract, walked away for nothing when we really needed him.

Forestieri - downed tools like a baby and couldn't care less, walked away for nothing.

Hutchinson - an important player isolated twice because of his attitude.

Pudil, Loovens and Wallace - last chance for a promotion and a pay rise.

Lee - brilliant but broken

Like I said, these key players that were getting paid very well were unreliable for the duration of their massive contracts.

This is why we are where we are.

They got to the play offs twice and failed, its not like they reached the Champions League final twice and lost.

3 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Totally agree. The balance of the side will be better but neither keeper is good enough. Will be a long season...

A dose of realism, a long season.

Unless we have a huge slice of luck with injuries then I can’t see us any higher than 13th, there’ll be plenty of also rans around us come next May. Covid might have helped us with a more level playing field, but we’ve got to claw back the 12 points...
Take away the obvious deeper pockets that the likes of Norwich and Watford have, this division is woefully short of quality. 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

A dose of realism, a long season.

Unless we have a huge slice of luck with injuries then I can’t see us any higher than 13th, there’ll be plenty of also rans around us come next May. Covid might have helped us with a more level playing field, but we’ve got to claw back the 12 points...
Take away the obvious deeper pockets that the likes of Norwich and Watford have, this division is woefully short of quality. 

Who wouldn't take 13th now and move on to the season after?  I'll take it thanks.

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Well, it’s clearly pointless engaging with you. 
But thanks for managing my expectations.

It is pointless given that you mis-quote me, but I love the fact that you try to make it look like my issue. Then again, it was probably part of your training to blame others?

Do try harder next time to follow a conversation accurately sarge.

Toodle pip

Edited by GLOwl
Spelling errors

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Who wouldn't take 13th now and move on to the season after?  I'll take it thanks.

We finished in the bottom half last season, starting behind the eight ball , with our record signing a the main striker...yet I’m looking forward to it.

At least it will be fun on here.

lol

51 minutes ago, parajack said:

Not that old chestnut,so the teams a turd? new signings ditto? without so much as seeing a team sheet? before we have seen 1 match?...do you know how ridiculous that sounds?...You have no idea whatsoever how these new signings are going to gell with the existing players,how effective they might be,or what formation the manager will use,moving forward..(and neither do i..)

The only logical thing to do,is wait & see,and than offer up a fair opinion,based on what we see....What possible good can come out of this constant negativity??

The constant negativity is clearly a defense mechanism. If you don't get your hopes up ever, then you're not as disappointed when it all goes t*ts up. And if it does (god forbid) actually go well then it's even better because you weren't expecting it.

I can see where they're coming from but for me, I just enjoy being a supporter more when I'm being positive. I enjoy reading positive news or comments and daydreaming about winning games and getting promoted. That's what we all want isn't it? It feels silly to invest so much time and energy into a club but spend the whole time talking about how poo it all is. I think I'd rather stop supporting altogether than do that...

Edited by S6ToBerlin
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, prowl said:

Kachunga on the evidence of the video is good with his head, he finds space in the box and is good at getting across the defender. He's fast and an intelligent forward.

I'm pleaed that we now have have options. I hope we het a big guy as well but sometimes movement is the thing big defenders least like. We need several people in the box for crosses not just a big guy. The speed of Kachunga and Windass gives us that.

I like that we are putting together a squad of players who have lost their way of fallen out of favour. In the past we've got some cracking players that way. Loovens, Westwood, Lees, McGugan and even FF.

3 goals in 36....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

It is pointless given that you mis-quote me, but I love the fact that you try to make it look like my issue. Then again, it was probably part of your training to blame others?

Do try harder next time to follow a conversation accurately sarge.

Toodle pip

The very definition of Colin Hunt. 

I moan on here more than Big Brenda does at la chambre 

but for free and a one year contract it's not a bad signing at all

Turns out a success we can tie him down to a further year or two

Turns out gash then he can go  in the summer 

Don't get why this signing seems to have got so many people angrymad

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CrosbyKitchens said:

Not good enough for Huddersfield, scores 3 goals in 36 last season. You’ll have to excuse me if I’m not overly excited.

Really don't get the optimism over this signing. Poor record of goals scored throughout his career and discarded by a club we may be fighting to stay in the championship. Things just don't look good at the moment. Lets hope we have an ace up our sleeve but I very much doubt it.

• Like 2