BREAKING NEWS - NEW STRIKER / WINGER / FORWARD - ELIAS KACHUNGA!!!

Unless we get some quality in on loan we won’t really have someone to pull it out the bag like we have in recent seasons. But you could say we have played through individuals too much at times so there are sometimes benefits of a more rounded team where there isn’t one stand out star. Thinking back to when we had Burton, Tudgay, Brunt, Maclean with little expectation but everyone got double figures. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

But, stating the obvious, anyone who is good enough to start over 50 games in the Premier League/Bundesliga is probably half decent. And his stats are partly bad in those top leagues because he was playing in bad teams that finished bottom 2 out of the 3 seasons, so the team as a whole probably did a lot of defending and not much attacking.

Whereas as we got beat up week in week out at this level this year.

The fact a fair few Huddersfield fans are gutted to lose him is a positive, despite the poor season they had he still seems to have got some praise. He could be a useful addition but I am concerned how he fits in. The headline on the official club website is that we have signed him as a striker - obviously mindful that we are desperately short in that position. But if he is a striker, why has he been played out of position for years? Monk has been pushing the 3-5-2 since football returned so it seems unlikely he is going to be used in a similar position to what he has played recently.  

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

What are people expecting...strikers with a 1 in 2 record? 1 in 3? 

They cost millions in today’s market and were not in any position to attract or sign players of that calibre 

Have some ******** realism 

And so far, our transfer activity has shown little sign that there is much to spend in comparison with a number of our peers.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The fact a fair few Huddersfield fans are gutted to lose him is a positive, despite the poor season they had he still seems to have got some praise. He could be a useful addition but I am concerned how he fits in. The headline on the official club website is that we have signed him as a striker - obviously mindful that we are desperately short in that position. But if he is a striker, why has he been played out of position for years? Monk has been pushing the 3-5-2 since football returned so it seems unlikely he is going to be used in a similar position to what he has played recently.  

Just embrace the day, we have a striker who when converted to CF may just be Warhurstesk in his transition

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest everydays_wednesday

The lack of perspective from some on here re the situation we are in is staggering!

Not even played for us and Kachunga being slaughtered on here and twitter!

Every club in the Championship and half the Premier League are in the market for a 20 goal a season striker, we must be somewhere near the bottom of the list in being able to sign one.

The last one we signed, JR, seems to have alas lost the ability to know where the goal even is!

i think GM is working within the constraints he is under and will hopefully prove everyone wrong

UTO

2 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

The lack of perspective from some on here re the situation we are in is staggering!

Not even played for us and Kachunga being slaughtered on here and twitter!

Every club in the Championship and half the Premier League are in the market for a 20 goal a season striker, we must be somewhere near the bottom of the list in being able to sign one.

The last one we signed, JR, seems to have alas lost the ability to know where the goal even is!

i think GM is working within the constraints he is under and will hopefully prove everyone wrong

UTO

People don’t think before they post and look at the situation with a sense of perspective.

It’s immediate knee jerk bash the keyboard nonsense 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Love 1

Can’t believe some of these comments 

our signings seem to becoming with pace a thing we have severely lacked 

they have interchangeable qualities 

Kachunga, Harris, windass will all get at players Harris and kachunga with pace 

brown will open doors and be class around them

dont much about the young City but people are raving about him 

but think we will sign another forward 

but as it stands in a 352 we could start with 

windass  Luongo brown Bannan Harris 

Kachunga Rhodes 

think there’s a enough to be worried with there when brown windass and Harris get forward 

be interesting to see what other striker we get Kachunga is decent in air I know a lot wouldn’t want him but Connor wickham would thrive up there especially  if you get reach on the pitch too 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Kachunga Rhodes 

think there’s a enough to be worried with there when brown windass and Harris get forward 

be interesting to see what other striker we get Kachunga is decent in air I know a lot wouldn’t want him but Connor wickham would thrive up there especially  if you get reach on the pitch too 

People don’t understand football mate 

‘bUt HeS nOt a 20 gOal SeAson StRiker’

• Haha 1

Guest Theboylangers
6 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Kachunga Rhodes 

Not sure about Harris and Windass as wing backs? But I do admire your optimism and I hope you're right. 

26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Really? I don't recall that?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GLOwl said:

Really? I don't recall that?

We conceded an average of 2 goals per game for the whole of the second half of the season, picked up 17 points from our last 23 games and regularly lost games by half time. If that's not beat up enough for you then your expectancy level must be really low. 

2 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Unless we are paying a shedload of money on a 1 year deal, why would a 28 year old striker sign a one year deal at a club on minus 12?

My opinion, not many other takers.

Why not? he was let go by Huddersfield? second chance to impress & put his self in the shop window? ambition? likes the 'vibe'? I doubt very much he is on mega bucks....for now,at S6 i would think there will be a wage structure,that they adhere to..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

People don’t understand football mate 

‘bUt HeS nOt a 20 gOal SeAson StRiker’

Such an easy comment to make. 

People have differing opinions. Just because some don't agree with your opinion doesn't make them wrong. Kachunga may well be an asset but you surely can't be surprised that some of our fans are concerned that we still haven't signed an out-and-out striker. The fans who watched us week in week out last season do understand football and have legitimate reservations. 

1 hour ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

This reekes of desperation. Badly need an out and out goal scorer and sign someone who managed 4 last season. Looks like we really are splashing around at the very bottom of the barrel.

??? Before a ball is kicked? a formation tried?.....WTF is the matter on here...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Did I say squad or starting 11?

Hunt? - I liked him but he's not pushed on.

Loovens? - was an experienced leader that was close to retirement. 

Lees? - still here and gets hammered.

Pudil? - got murdered, his legs were on the way out.

Wallace? - Inconsistant, ageing, why we released him.

Lee? - class but broken.

Hutchinson? - could be outstanding, one tackle away from a straight red or a bad injury.

Bannan? - still here, class act.

Fletcher? - the only player I wish had stayed, only because he had a good 3 month period last year.

Forestieri? - great first season, then disappeared.

Jones? - terrible for us.

Reach? - still here.

Winnall? did nothing for us.

Rhodes? - still here.

Sasso? - squad player, ok.

Nuhiu? - shouldn't be anywhere near a promotion chasing team.

That squad is technically good, but it lacks athleticism and pace.

High earners that were unreliable.

I prefer the look of the current 11, its got everything that the squad above didn't have.

That first 11 from 2016-17 that you have ripped to shreds got 81 points that season. Unreliable!  Looking forward to this team doing better than that, especially as many deride the manager we had back then too.