BREAKING NEWS - NEW STRIKER / WINGER / FORWARD - ELIAS KACHUNGA!!!

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We conceded an average of 2 goals per game for the whole of the second half of the season, picked up 17 points from our last 23 games and regularly lost games by half time. If that's not beat up enough for you then your expectancy level must be really low. 

It's your comment about us being beat up week in week out which I'm picking you up in, it's simply not true. Don't use average figures to cover every week.

And btw, my expectations are as high as anyone's, so don't give up the day job.

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Our current squad is not a patch on the team that made the playoffs second time around. Not even close.

So? on paper,maybe,but the squad your talking about failed to make the play off final....yes some remain,we will see if this squad can do any better..move on ,its a never ending forum whinge...lets talk about the new season,new players,tactics,substitutions, and look forward please

Welcome to the wednesday...

Looks like a good signing on a free. Will definitely add to our options. Hopefully he gets the backing of the fans and can kick on in his preferred position. Him and brown seem to be tight which will add something both on the pitch and in the dressing room.

Sneaky suspicion this may turn out to be an astute bit of business.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

It's your comment about us being beat up week in week out which I'm picking you up in, it's simply not true. Don't use average figures to cover every week.

And btw, my expectations are as high as anyone's, so don't give up the day job.

17 points from 23 games. We got beat week in week out. How many games have you enjoyed watching us play in 2020 to date?

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

17 points from 23 games. We got beat week in week out. How many games have you enjoyed watching us play in 2020 to date?

No, we didn't get beat up every week did we? If we did, how did we get 17 points?Go on, admit it, admit you got it wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Theboylangers
1 minute ago, GLOwl said:

No, we didn't get beat up every week did we? If we did, how did we get 17 points?Go on, admit it, admit you got it wrong?

I'm not sure how we got 17 points. 

The football was horrible. 

Conceding 5's, 3's on a regular basis. Rarely scoring at home. 

But now we look forward, new coaches, new players, new outlook. 

Just now, GLOwl said:

It was a turn pf phrase. We got beat up regularly. Only the worst team in the division conceded more goals than us in 2020. In our last 7 games, when we had apparently come back with renewed positivity we conceded 3 twice and 5 once. In the five games prior to lockdown we conceded 3 on 3 occasions and 5 once. Too many of those games were lost before half-time.  

You've got a high pain threshold if you don't find that painful viewing. 

We need an out and out striker, proven at this level, 20 goal a season man, minimum.

We will not pay him daft money nor a big transfer fee.

There's foookin hundreds of em just sat praying that they get the call from the massive.

Some of our fans have the IQ of a Kit Kat...

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

5 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I was responding to a previous poster in the 17 points comment. At times, the football was horrible, agree on that.

And totally agree on looking forward, onwards and upwards.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It was a turn pf phrase. We got beat up regularly. Only the worst team in the division conceded more goals than us in 2020. In our last 7 games, when we had apparently come back with renewed positivity we conceded 3 twice and 5 once. In the five games prior to lockdown we conceded 3 on 3 occasions and 5 once. Too many of those games were lost before half-time.  

You've got a high pain threshold if you don't find that painful viewing. 

Ah right, you didn't mean every week, you meant regularly, got it 😕

And btw, I never said it wasn't painful viewing, don't mis-quote me, stick to facts. UTO

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I think Hughes is the wildcard here. He hasn’t worked with **** before. He’s worked and had success with Brown and Kachunga and appears to have been a big influence in them coming here. He seems to be an ambitious bloke so it’ll be interesting to see if he can help us be successful?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GLOwl said:

Ah right, you didn't mean every week, you meant regularly, got it 😕

And btw, I never said it wasn't painful viewing, don't mis-quote me, stick to facts. UTO

Sorry for saying week-in-week-out when I meant regularly! Makes it so much better when you say we only lost 14 out of 23 games! 

24 minutes ago, parajack said:

So? on paper,maybe,but the squad your talking about failed to make the play off final....yes some remain,we will see if this squad can do any better..move on ,its a never ending forum whinge...lets talk about the new season,new players,tactics,substitutions, and look forward please

It's not a whinge. I'm happy with our signings given our current situation.

I just think its ludicrous to suggest our current starting 11 are better than our second playoff season when they quite clearly are not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

We need an out and out striker, proven at this level, 20 goal a season man, minimum.

We will not pay him daft money nor a big transfer fee.

There's foookin hundreds of em just sat praying that they get the call from the massive.

Some of our fans have the IQ of a Kit Kat...

Don't think many are expecting us to sign a proven 20 goal striker at this level but would just like us to start the season with a mobile striker who plays the position regularly and has some recent form.

Kachunga could well prove to be a useful signing but we are still well short up top with our season starting in 4 days. We have known what our striker situation was going to be for months and yet we are still looking like starting the season with only Rhodes as a forward when we need to hit the ground running more than anyone else in the league.

Coventry signed Tyler Walker last week. Raw but scored goals in the league below last season having had some experience at this level. Would not have been a big outlay but could have future value. The club should have been focused on securing some actual strikers since the last transfer window closed.