For the “Monk Out” gang

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Genuine question for you all...have the 3 early signings and the arrival of the new back room staff given you any confidence in Monk?? 

The situation is changing and changing in a positive way imo. 

Let’s see.

Guest Kameron

He's done nothing previously to suggest he's capable of turning us around.  However we have to accept he's here to stay and has the task of rebuilding the squad, no more excuses, he's the man and he's got his own coaching staff too.  Over to you Mr Monk.

There are clearly people on here that no matter what GM does he will not be acceptable.  As has been said on many occasions we needed a clear out, and that is on its way and we need 3 transfer windows at least to turn this around ( said by Bruce).
With the EFL stuff behind us and GM now having his own back room staff, a pre  season, of sorts, and the first window after the clear out having started now is the time to get behind him and the team. He can then be fairly judged.
We should also not forget that with his own back room staff before he came to SWFC he had a win %age of 40% so all those saying he has never done anything need to clear their heads. If you want a manager that has a winning history including trophies then you have overlooked where we are

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, edwinowl said:

Not for me. Brown is a good signing to be fair. 
Was scarred last half of the last season. 
Most other managers would have been long gone after that debacle. 

Leaving behind?...the same tired old players....& a new face in the revolving Manager chair,at S6...what would it have achieved?,,,press pause  

I’m someone who still isn’t convinced by Monk. I still can’t work out why the second half of the season was so appalling for so long, given he did well (results wise) up to Xmas with existing coaching staff.

However, I hope he does well now he has been given his own staff and some new signings. I hope he puts my worries to rest.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

There are clearly people on here that no matter what GM does he will not be acceptable.  As has been said on many occasions we needed a clear out, and that is on its way and we need 3 transfer windows at least to turn this around ( said by Bruce).
With the EFL stuff behind us and GM now having his own back room staff, a pre  season, of sorts, and the first window after the clear out having started now is the time to get behind him and the team. He can then be fairly judged.
We should also not forget that with his own back room staff before he came to SWFC he had a win %age of 40% so all those saying he has never done anything need to clear their heads. If you want a manager that has a winning history including trophies then you have overlooked where we are

No matter who was in charge, this clear out would have occurred regardless, merely because of contracts ending and a change of tac from above, given financial limitations.

You cannot say Monk is responsible for this clear our.   It was happening no matter who was head coach.

My confidence in Monk is probably about 40/50% at the moment. I can't blame him 100% for our terrible 2nd half of the season, he inherited a team that increasingly bottled it (think the points we conceded in the last minutes of games) and had very little fight or determination once the points deduction threat was revealed around Christmas.

I hope the puzzle is being placed together with the new staff and signings, were still 6/7 pieces short of a team that could make top half Championship, which is the form we need to survive this season. 

Good positive start to pre season, hopefully more to follow, hopefully Rhodes and Westwood out will free up the wages for 4/5 good players and we can utilise the loan market for a further 3/4 players.

Guest Kameron
11 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

He's a very lucky man not to have been sacked given the sh it he served up for the second half of last season.  Win %'s mean nothing, the only thing that matters is the final league table, i'm not convinced he can do anything better than midtable, with or without a points deduction and with or without his own coaching staff.  Balls in his court lets see how he gets on.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We have 'gangs' on here now!?

What happened to all the 'brigades' we keep hearing about? Are they still around, or did they evolve from the 'cliques'? 

They now congregate in circles and pockets. Waiting in the wings and hiding in the shadows.

• Love 1

Whether you like Monk or not

This business of continuously sacking managers does no club any good at all

This club has been crying out for a shake up ever since Carlos' first season

Carlos was too loyal to his favourites, that's why he failed

Jos knew the club needed shaking up, some players stopped trying because they knew Jos was a threat to their cushy lifestyle

Monk knew the club needed shaking up, some players stopped trying because they knew Monk was a threat to their cushy lifestyle

Whether Monk completes the rebuild or someone else comes in and carries on the work Jos started

We need to start giving managers a chance

Monk made his first full signing last week, let that sink in 

His first full signing

And people are judging him, it's ridiculous

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I keep saying you can't judge monk until he has his own staff and his own players  so the judgment starts from game 1 this season for me.

The good thing is if he doesn't start well he will be dismissed earlier than in any other season due to the -12 scenario. 

So in summary I think give him a chance but I'm comfortable with the fact he has less margin for error than previous SWFC managers 

Things are going in the right direction. We've added to the defence, brought in a creative midfielder, and a bunch of youngsters are coming in with hope for the future.

But by far the biggest increase in expectation is that GM has brought in his own assistants. This is an area that was sadly missing last season and I expect improvement because of it.

Now, we badly need strikers at the club - and additions to wingback positions too.

Can we stop the crap of continually changing manager's is the cause of our down fall PLEASE.  The right manager is the point pick the right manager then back him properly. Don't just say stick with it if it's a wrong that's just stupid... 

Let's just stick our heads in the sand and hope it all comes right! 

Simples get a sh@t manager get sh@t result. Answer don't stick with just pick a good ******** manager one who somebody doesn't want to loose instead of the never woulda coulda shoulda's 

That's the answer! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Genuine question for you all...have the 3 early signings and the arrival of the new back room staff given you any confidence in Monk?? 

The situation is changing and changing in a positive way imo. 

If the EPL had their act together we would have been relegated. Only the incompetence of EPL saved us. If we had been relegated, it's down to Monk. He had time to get things right on the pitch, but his incompetence on team selection and tactics caused us to lose too many matches. I have no confidence in this guy who's won nothing as a manager. I sincerely hope that he proves me wrong and becomes a success. I live in hope.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Can we stop the crap of continually changing manager's is the cause of our down fall PLEASE.  The right manager is the point pick the right manager then back him properly. Don't just say stick with it if it's a wrong that's just stupid... 

Let's just stick our heads in the sand and hope it all comes right! 

Simples get a sh@t manager get sh@t result. Answer don't stick with just pick a good ******** manager one who somebody doesn't want to loose instead of the never woulda coulda shoulda's 

That's the answer! 

Bearing in mind that Monk has just signed his first player

And in your own words "pick the right manager and back him properly"

Would you say that Monk has been backed properly

Who would you like to have seen us get instead of Monk, and you can't say Pep, Klopp, or Pottechino

and do you think he would have done any better, given that he wasn't alowed to bring in his own staff or his own players

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.