For the “Monk Out” gang

2 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Depends on what you expect of a manager I guess. imo the break was fortunate for Monk, we were in complete free fall, he was clinging on and could not get a tune out of any of them.

Manager? what about what you can expect of Players?..Not making silly mistakes,and consistently choosing the wrong pass/ball to play?giving away unnecessary fouls/penalty's? not playing the 90+ leading to late goals,& costly loss's?..Not making opponents work hard for every goal,and goal scoring chance?

Getting allegedly 'injured' and being unable for selection? Players with an alleged unexplained 'loss of form'? leading to dire performances..Strikers who cant find 'goal'? Players dropped by two seperate Managers amidst alleged rumours of dressing room unrest?You think Monk Coach's this? he says not..& called upon fans to decide for ourselves where the responsibility for such lay...

YES we were in freefall,we just differ on who was responsible...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, 4evaowl said:

I’m someone who still isn’t convinced by Monk. I still can’t work out why the second half of the season was so appalling for so long, given he did well (results wise) up to Xmas with existing coaching staff.

However, I hope he does well now he has been given his own staff and some new signings. I hope he puts my worries to rest.

Agree. I’m putting the second half of last season down to negativity. The efl charges being the biggest contributor, Bruce walking, Westwood and Hutch, pigs being promoted and doing well and then fans turning sour. I’m just hoping now with the restructure that Monk and his staff will bring out a better Wednesday and by the looks of things he will. We need everyone behind this team now to lift the players manager and club to a positive place......UTO

1 minute ago, Yorkowl.74 said:

Agree. I’m putting the second half of last season down to negativity. The efl charges being the biggest contributor, Bruce walking, Westwood and Hutch, pigs being promoted and doing well and then fans turning sour. I’m just hoping now with the restructure that Monk and his staff will bring out a better Wednesday and by the looks of things he will. We need everyone behind this team now to lift the players manager and club to a positive place......UTO

You'll have to excuse me,but wtf does sufc being in the prem and doing well,have anything to do with swfc and its cack second half of season ?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Still not convinced by Monk, but I’ll be happy to be proven wrong. He’s very lucky to still be in a job considering our post-Xmas form... but he’s got his own coaches in now and presumably has a fair bit of input in terms of transfers. This is a massive opportunity for him to show what he’s made of — let’s hope he’s up to it

NO mate(with respect) we are the 'lucky' ones...look at the two 'assistant manager' appts made to 'manager' by two of our Championship Clubs,Had we parted with Monk,it would have cost us Millions probably in Compo,(which we cant afford) and We might have had Bullen back..and whilst i think he has been a good servant to the Club,he is not in my view Manager material,& i dont feel we would have the same appeal to bring in Players & coach's

Edited by parajack

19 minutes ago, parajack said:

NO mate(with respect) we are the 'lucky' ones...look at the two 'assistant manager' appts made to 'manager' by two of our Championship Clubs,Had we parted with Monk,it would have cost us Millions probably in Compo,(which we cant afford) and We might have had Bullen back..and whilst i think he has been a good servant to the Club,he is not in my view Manager material,& i dont feel we would have the same appeal to bring in Players & coach's

I don’t think fans of any team that played as badly as we did from Xmas onwards can say they’re lucky to still have the manager who oversaw such a terrible run. We were utter shíte, no two ways about it.

However... Monk is in charge, DC is backing him with a proper backroom staff and new players, so I hope he can turn it around. Maybe it’s just pre-season optimism but the playing squad has needed a refresh for a long while and we seem to be going about it the right way so far. Let’s hope Monk and his coaching team are up to their job as well

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Manager? what about what you can expect of Players?..Not making silly mistakes,and consistently choosing the wrong pass/ball to play?giving away unnecessary fouls/penalty's? not playing the 90+ leading to late goals,& costly loss's?..Not making opponents work hard for every goal,and goal scoring chance?

Getting allegedly 'injured' and being unable for selection? Players with an alleged unexplained 'loss of form'? leading to dire performances..Strikers who cant find 'goal'? Players dropped by two seperate Managers amidst alleged rumours of dressing room unrest?You think Monk Coach's this? he says not..& called upon fans to decide for ourselves where the responsibility for such lay...

YES we were in freefall,we just differ on who was responsible...

I accept some of those points re players, but some of them are management issues in my mind. Like you say, we differ on who was responsible, I can’t see a reason for Monk not being criticised for his part in the freefall.

Under ANY other owner he'd be gone by now.

GM:  " Can I give you a lift Ozzie.......hop in "

Ozzie:  ".......er............it's okay Gary.....I'm just popping to the shops "

GM:   " Nonsense..........hop in I'll have you there in no time........I've found a new route "

Ozzie:  ".....But Gary didn't you prang your previous 3 cars ? "

GM:   " Don't worry I've got a new sat nav in this  one and I've joined the RAC "

Ozzie:  "...........Er.........well okay ...........by the way does this have airbags  ? "

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Bearing in mind that Monk has just signed his first player

And in your own words "pick the right manager and back him properly"

Would you say that Monk has been backed properly

Who would you like to have seen us get instead of Monk, and you can't say Pep, Klopp, or Pottechino

and do you think he would have done any better, given that he wasn't alowed to bring in his own staff or his own players

Haha very clever.... So he had nothing to work with, so he didn't tactically get things wrong make terrible substitutions and ho yes press the self destruct button at Christmas and awful to watch and ineffective,  any longer and we would have been in the relegation zone. But no that's not his fault no.... Fletcher s firm in first half of the season kept us up. Do you go to the games did you see the dross. Nothing to work on. That's the point. Backing him is just a waste now. As for players how do we know he's had any input at all.... We don't. 

• Like 1

Can we address the blindingly obvious. Players are managed. That's the manager's job. A player not performing needs managing behind close doors. Not the entire squad to blame.

As a manager your job is to sort the mentality of your players not just use it as an excause all the time. Players need a manager not a cop out....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

Can we address the blindingly obvious. Players are managed. That's the manager's job. A player not performing needs managing behind close doors. Not the entire squad to blame.

As a manager your job is to sort the mentality of your players not just use it as an excause all the time. Players need a manager not a cop out....

Ah yes, the old manager cop-out theory. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Ozzie:  ".......er............it's okay Gary.....I'm just popping to the shops "

GM:   " Nonsense..........hop in I'll have you there in no time........I've found a new route "

GM:   " Don't worry I've got a new sat nav in this  one and I've joined the RAC "

Ozzie:  "...........Er.........well okay ...........by the way does this have airbags  ? "

I hope you enjoyed writing that mate,cos it was total sh*te to read.. TBH,you sure your not 'Captain Black'?...deffo sounded like the voice of the 'Mysterons'....

51 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

That is just..... WIERD

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

I don’t think fans of any team that played as badly as we did from Xmas onwards can say they’re lucky to still have the manager who oversaw such a terrible run. We were utter shíte, no two ways about it.

However... Monk is in charge, DC is backing him with a proper backroom staff and new players, so I hope he can turn it around. Maybe it’s just pre-season optimism but the playing squad has needed a refresh for a long while and we seem to be going about it the right way so far. Let’s hope Monk and his coaching team are up to their job as well

Again,i see fan after fan holding monk responsible for the dire 'run'...but never mentioning he was Manager also when we were flying and third....when highlighting how sh*te they think he is.....The reasons why we were 'dire' were either not playing,unavailable Players.,Players who had allegedly 'lost form'(sic) were 'injured' or were playing and making alleged Schoolboy errors...

Monk could only pick the Players available,& didnt coach them to play like they did....That leaves us,the fans to look for an answer elsewhere...Wernt good enough? not enough Bottle? allegedly didnt give a flying ********? in the case of some?...or  a combination of all...OR Monk is the problem,and needs replacing...No fan/supporters opinion carrys any more weight,than another,we all are WEDNESDAY ...

Just wish there had been 1% as much passion on the pitch,as we see on here.....sadly cant say i did....lets hope that changes

Edited by parajack
autocorrect

37 minutes ago, ashley8 said:

There were multiple factors effecting the performances at S6,i think when Monk came out publicly he was that sick of the situation,and possibly allegedly the 'Player' problem, he may well have thought **** em,Ime going to call them out,and not give a ********....If that is correct,i think it needed doing....

The issues at S6 have been attended to 'behind closed' doors for far too long...Wheres it got us? have players attitudes & performances improved? or get worse?...You cant by the way,sort out the 'unsortable'.....

If a Player(s) for example allegedly doesnt want to play the systym you want,or in the position you want,maybe declares themselves 'injured' when there not,happened more than once allegedly to Monk...is otherwise disruptive in the dressing room,...that can only be 'managed' by Players leaving,if the manager leaves the problems still there...