For the “Monk Out” gang

It doesn’t particularly bother me if he’s successful or not as it’s Sheffield Wednesday I want to see being successful regardless of the individuals involved.

He could become one of the best manager’s we’ve ever had and I still wouldn’t warm to him. He just comes across as charmless and arrogant. We were a out of control lorry hurtling down herrries road in the second half of last season but despite this he still persisted with team selections and tactics that weren't working. Rather than admit he was wrong he put our very championship existence at risk and it’s because of the IDC that we remain a championship club not our current manager.

However the signing of Brown has impressed me. If he can take some of the creative workload off Bannan then next season may not be the car crash some of us are predicting? That said if he brings Da Cruz and Windass back, no matter how more creative we are, it won’t make much of a difference to our attacking woes. His striker signing’s and Flahavan’s ability to get a tune out of two very poor championship keepers will be what makes or breaks our season?

There were a vocal number of people wanting him gone before a ball had even been kicked.

I think no matter what he does there's always going to be that element

Despite Monk not even having had time to bring his own players in or a decent pre-season.

Poor behaviour from our lot

• Like 3

Have faith - I am strongly led to believe that Monk has been tasked with turning the club around from day one. His staff were never going to join in the first year for various reasons. He has spent his first part season sorting out the crap - which has been needed for several years! We are in a rebuilding phase and need time. He is not in a one year rolling contract despite the mass majority believing so. Beattie is an excellent addition and will prove his worth. Believe it or not - Chansiri has it covered!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jim said:

It doesn’t particularly bother me if he’s successful or not as it’s Sheffield Wednesday I want to see being successful regardless of the individuals involved.

He could become one of the best manager’s we’ve ever had and I still wouldn’t warm to him. He just comes across as charmless and arrogant. We were a out of control lorry hurtling down herrries road in the second half of last season but despite this he still persisted with team selections and tactics that weren't working. Rather than admit he was wrong he put our very championship existence at risk and it’s because of the IDC that we remain a championship club not our current manager.

However the signing of Brown has impressed me. If he can take some of the creative workload off Bannan then next season may not be the car crash some of us are predicting? That said if he brings Da Cruz and Windass back, no matter how more creative we are, it won’t make much of a difference to our attacking woes. His striker signing’s and Flahavan’s ability to get a tune out of two very poor championship keepers will be what makes or breaks our season?

lol

Signings are a bit meh tbh - 2 with recent injury issues and another unproven

However, very happy with the backroom staff additions

Willing to give him another chance though now he's got his backroom team sorted and hopefully new signings are all good. We need several more though which is very worrying

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Genuine question for you all...have the 3 early signings and the arrival of the new back room staff given you any confidence in Monk?? 

The situation is changing and changing in a positive way imo. 

Yes, very much so. I'll be honest, after the Boro defeat I felt that I wanted another change - I'd have taken Nigel Pearson or Paul Cook - but I've been very impressed with the three signings so far, as well as the coaching staff. I've also been impressed with the way we've responded to the EFL sanction. Football and indeed life is funny. It would be strange that success came when we least expected it, we thought it could happen in Carlos' first two seasons, but I'm strangely very upbeat about the next two seasons. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Genuine question for you all...have the 3 early signings and the arrival of the new back room staff given you any confidence in Monk?? 

Still absolutely no faith in Monk, but the addition of this staff is nowt but a positive thing.

At the end of the day, he's not only getting backing but we're now seeing first-hand that he's getting substantial backing, so there's no point harping on about it. Just got to get behind him and reassess after the first quarter/third of the season (IMO)

• Like 3

Monk has a worse win percentage than Jos at Hillsbro

17pts from 66pts

4 wins from 22 games 

5 managerial jobs in 6 years 

14 wins in 44 games as Wednesday manager

I have no confidence what so ever in Monk keeping us up next season. 

• Like 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Yes and no. He SHOULD have been saved after the pandemic hit. Then he SHOULD have been sacked at the end of the season. There is no point now as he’s brought in his own staff. Also I am impressed with the three signings, especially Brown. Still think he’ll be gone by Xmas.

17 points from 23 league games since Christmas; including 11 defeats (48% loss ratio in that time).

Taken us from 3rd place at Christmas to finish in 16th place.  A staggering collapse.  Almost comical.

15 goals scored at Hillsborough in 22 home games (all comps).

Conceded 5 goals x 3 times in 2020.

Conceded 3 goals (or more) x 8 times in 2020.

Sorry but no manager should survive a run like that.  That's an unacceptable run of results.

No agenda from me.

While Monk is still our manager, he will continue to get my support.  But personally, I think he's out of his depth & I cannot wait until we're in a position to replace him with better (which we probably aren't currently).

• Like 6

He's a crap manager, signings have nothing to do with it. 

We have the best keeper in the league sat idle. Because the manager throws his toys out of the cot or cannot successfully negotiate his return with a deluded spoilt chairman. 

Monks " Management skills " won't change overnight with a few signings. 

You could but a Ferrari... But it's useless if you don't know how to drive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Everywhere & nowhere said:

Can’t people just stop attaching to binary positions of monk in or out? Let him build a solution and judge him on his work rather than what he inherited.

And will people still stop making that excuse.... Many managers inherit players.... And they don't dive as spectacular as monk did.. He did that...... Because he's crap. He's been crap at every club. So has Beattie. 

• Like 1