For the “Monk Out” gang

Not by a long shot, he's got a hell of a long way to go to convince me he's up to the job going on what crap i had to watch last season (with or without the "bad eggs").

New signings will always give people a lift in the close season, unless we've seen how poor they are like Pelupessy and Cruz. Though Monk has shown no sign that he's up to getting the best out of our players.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

The pathetic performance in the second half of last season still leaves a very sour taste and I've not seen anything from Monk to suggest he is up to the task.

However, some positive signs, and if it turns out having his own team is what he needs to turn things around, I'll happily admit to being wrong.

But I don't think we can get carried away until we see the performances on the pitch.

This^^^^

Failed to get 90 minutes of graft and concentration for most of the matches for half a season. Think CV-19 and his pay-off being added to FFP saved his ginger pelt. Binned Carlos and Jos for less.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Genuine question for you all...have the 3 early signings and the arrival of the new back room staff given you any confidence in Monk?? 

The situation is changing and changing in a positive way imo. 

Impressed with the way we are going with the signings but the proof is in the pudding with results. First half of the season and he will win me back round. If he carries on the way of the 2nd half of the season then he’s got to go. 

17 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

It’s just a figure of speech you know...I don’t expect to see an angry mob on hillsborough Park. 

last summer was torn to shreds when Bruce did a runner!! 

It certainly didn't help the way Bruce left us in the lurch but not sure you can put last seasons failure down to that when the first half of the season was a relative success and it was the second half of the campaign that we totally collapsed in. 

2 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

This^^^^

Failed to get 90 minutes of graft and concentration for most of the matches for half a season. Think CV-19 and his pay-off being added to FFP saved his ginger pelt. Binned Carlos and Jos for less.

Covid definitely saved his neck, convinced he would have gone if it wasn't for that, he'd lost the fans after such inept performances.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

This^^^^

Spot on.Monk never done owt anywhere  even with cash..Boro..

• Like 4

I’m hoping his comments about knowing what needs to be done is true and that we were just treading water last season (or drowning more like).

Lets just be optimistic that it’s a brand new start, with a new outlook, new players and a positive brand of football to enjoy 

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

I still think we should have finished more than 12 points from the drop zone; or higher. 

Football is played on the pitch, not on track training ground or office. 

This whole scenario remains me of when Turner tried to rebuild the squad with younger players and there was an optimism around the place. 

Europe in 5 years wasn’t it? 

We still need 5 more players IMO. 

To be fair, Turner did take us to places like Rushden and Stockport, which were, and still are, in Europe.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Do you not think it’s heading in the right direction though? When was the last time we had 3 signings in early doors?? 

When was the last time we had so few players left at the end of the season?

Im definitely happier with the backroom team, we can only hope they do the donkey work for Monk as I'm still not sold on his ability.

2 minutes ago, Spookone said:

When was the last time we had so few players left at the end of the season?

Im definitely happier with the backroom team, we can only hope they do the donkey work for Monk as I'm still not sold on his ability.

The contract situation is not Monks fault though is it??!! And let’s be honest the contract expiry issue is what the majority called for and it needed to happen...clear some dead wood out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Genuine question for you all...have the 3 early signings and the arrival of the new back room staff given you any confidence in Monk?? 

The situation is changing and changing in a positive way imo. 

Nope. If these players were any good would they really want to come here and play for Monk? Of course not so the outcome is inevitable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1