For the “Monk Out” gang

I still think we should have finished more than 12 points from the drop zone; or higher. 

Football is played on the pitch, not on track training ground or office. 

This whole scenario remains me of when Turner tried to rebuild the squad with younger players and there was an optimism around the place. 

Europe in 5 years wasn’t it? 

We still need 5 more players IMO. 

• Like 4

Much happier with the back room staff than the signings

Think the squad is still inferior to the team we had during that awful second half of the season

So no, in short, I'm not confident in Monk, but I'd like to be proven wrong

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Much happier with the back room staff than the signings

Think the squad is still inferior to the team we had during that awful second half of the season

So no, in short, I'm not confident in Monk, but I'd like to be proven wrong

Do you not think it’s heading in the right direction though? When was the last time we had 3 signings in early doors?? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I still think we should have finished more than 12 points from the drop zone; or higher. 

Football is played on the pitch, not on track training ground or office. 

This whole scenario remains me of when Turner tried to rebuild the squad with younger players and there was an optimism around the place. 

Europe in 5 years wasn’t it? 

We still need 5 more players IMO. 

That was for the 04/05 season and although Turner had gone by end of September, the very same squad got promoted under Sturrock just a few months later.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Do you not think it’s heading in the right direction though? When was the last time we had 3 signings in early doors?? 

The pathetic performance in the second half of last season still leaves a very sour taste and I've not seen anything from Monk to suggest he is up to the task.

However, some positive signs, and if it turns out having his own team is what he needs to turn things around, I'll happily admit to being wrong.

But I don't think we can get carried away until we see the performances on the pitch.

• Like 6

I don't see a definite split between the Monk in and Monk out group.

I'd put myself on the side of preferring he was not in charge, so i've nailed my colours to the mast there I suppose.

No, I don't think the business done so far is adequate.   I do see that a change of direction has taken place and I would like to know if that is Monk or a change of stance from above - to me that is a very important question.    if it's come from Monk, I may consider changing my mind.    

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

3 signings and 3 new back room staff 

Monk looks like he means business in reshaping the playing side 

I think he will surprise a few posters on here . 

Agree, a coaching team in place and some early signings....we're in danger of starting to look like a properly run football club. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Could hardly fail to be unimpressed last season but I remember watching him walk out before that horrible game away at Barnsley and he cut a very lonely figure.

Hopefully with the support of his own coaching team he'll turn things around.

Edited by Bleeder
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Genuine question for you all...have the 3 early signings and the arrival of the new back room staff given you any confidence in Monk?? 

The situation is changing and changing in a positive way imo. 

It's not a gang you know, it's just people who happen to have the same opinion on something.

The backroom staff should help, the signings are positive but much more is needed.Positive signs yes but last summer also had positive signs when we brought in a few new players and let a few big earners go. Monk has to prove he can get more of the dozen first team regulars that remain than he did last season.

Monkout Gang sounds like a novelty pop group, the type that would have a big hit, then a naff follow up, disappear completely and show up a few years later on celebrity come dine with me. 

That's my opinion, I have no idea about the football stuff. 

It feels like promotion to the Prem before our 200th anniversary is a step closer that's for sure.......I hear we are also in advanced talks with previous "Great British Bake Off" winners for the commercial rights to Cakeball 2.0.........lol

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2