Josh Onomah

Guest wilyfox
4 hours ago, bobness said:

Be fair. We've been fed some proper shít by DC. It takes a bit of nerve to hold this against the fanbase. Yes, there will always be some overt moaners, but it's difficult to say that the moaning isn't justified, even when it comes with a massive dose of hyperbole.

I wouldn't class it as moaning. They enjoy rubbing salt in wounds and making invalid digs. Despite his talent and attributes, Onomah's form was terrible first half of last season, and he suffered hamstring problems in the second. That is simply fact, it happened. Not worth digging fans out for it.

As for Stuart Gray, he's a good defensive coach - as we already knew. Fulham have benefitted from that, but he's not the magician behind their promotions as people make out. He replaced our most potent player with Stevie May, FFS..

Probs only a matter of time before a Hector thread emerges too - if not already. Yes, we know he's a good centre-half, but Fulham paid an awful lot for the player in his final year of contract, and they couldn't even use him first half of season.

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Is this basically a thread to have another go at our fanbase and blame us as a whole for our lack of success?

Oh here we go, another fan moaning and having a go instead of supporting and being positive..... :ph34r:

7 hours ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

What a game he had tonight, what a game he had in the semi final legs as well.

Not good enough for the Hillsborough faithful though! The stand out moment being the individual booing / hounding out of him during the 4-0 home loss to Norwich despite the whole team playing shocking.

Hopefully this is a lesson, it's no wonder we struggle to get young talent from premier league clubs in. 

We as a club and set of fans need to be so much more supportive of young talent we get in, starting with the likes of Penney, Dawson, Wildsmith, Hunt, Shaw and Dele-Bashiru.

They'll make mistakes but can come good and make this club some much needed money with the right support.

Up the owls!

Just out of interest, when do we stop classing them as young and be able to say they are probably not good enough to help us get to the level we aspire to. Aren't Dawson and Wildsmith mid-twenties? Is this still classed as youth player or are they now experienced players and people can judge if they are capable or not of continuing to improve and help take the team forward. 

1 hour ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson gets slagged off because he’s poo. End of story. Makes no difference that he’s young, English and an Owl. I’d love to play for Wednesday but I’m not good enough and neither is he. It’s natural he gets grief.

Dawson got sagged off mainly because Westwood was still here and people wanted him back in the net despite him being absolutely useless at the beginning of the season, then Dawson's confidence was sucked out of him by a w@nk back 4 and certain elements of the crowd. 

• Like 5

Some interesting points of view in here. 

It still amazes me to find out some fans think players of lessor ability need less encouragement and support than those of better ability. You’d have thought they needed more help not less.

When I read those posts I wonder if they had two children, when a little slower than another do they just slate the slower one, run them down and say why can’t you be like Johnny? Or do they try and encourage them, build on confidence, help them to develop? 

• Like 2

It’s hard to be supportive of the players, when they continually underperform, and the team plays poorly over such a long period. We see smaller clubs doing much better, with far less resources than we have.

The club has been incredibly badly run for such a long time, and we the fans are extremely frustrated, because we can’t see any end to it. 

Give us some signs of things beginning to turn around, and the fan base will get behind the club.

7 hours ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

I never said it's the fans fault, nor did I say that he was brilliant for us.

Just suggesting if we had more of a supportive culture amongst the fan base rather than a scapegoating one we may attract better, and keep hold of younger players for long enough to see them blossom, like Onomah.

Just look at the treatment of Dawson this season, young, English and Wednesday through and through but slagged almost every week.

Any wonder Fox didn't sign his contract renewal as well?

8 hours ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

Not good enough for the Hillsborough faithful though! The stand out moment being the individual booing / hounding out of him during the 4-0 home loss to Norwich despite the whole team playing shocking.

Hopefully this is a lesson, it's no wonder we struggle to get young talent from premier league clubs in. 

We as a club and set of fans need to be so much more supportive of young talent we get in, starting with the likes of Penney, Dawson, Wildsmith, Hunt, Shaw and Dele-Bashiru.

They'll make mistakes but can come good and make this club some much needed money with the right support.

Up the owls!

he was poor with us, end of!! Never looked fit and possibly played out of position.

it didn’t work for him here move on. 

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Is this basically a thread to have another go at our fanbase and blame us as a whole for our lack of success?

8 hours ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

I never said it's the fans fault, nor did I say that he was brilliant for us.

Just suggesting if we had more of a supportive culture amongst the fan base rather than a scapegoating one we may attract better, and keep hold of younger players for long enough to see them blossom, like Onomah.

Just look at the treatment of Dawson this season, young, English and Wednesday through and through but slagged almost every week.

Any wonder Fox didn't sign his contract renewal as well?

the expectation at hillsborough has been heavy for decades that wednesday should be doing better.

each seasons continued failure only further fuels that expectation.

we have a crowd quick to turn bitter, heavy on criticism of both the individual and team.

it doesn't help that our fan base is quite elderly, (and at present potg prices and the pigs in the premier isn't going to attract younger fans anytime soon) and can remember better sides in the early sixties and more recent under charlton, wilkinson, and bfr, with the two former being totally different from ron's onfield set up, the latter of which still stalks the hillsborough stands with the idea that promotion must be won in a certain fashion, or is otherwise not done in 'the correct way'

• Like 1

We saw flashes of how good he was that's the problem. Wasn't consistent, didn't fit into how jos wanted to play and to be honest looked like he didn't want to be here. 

Nothing more infuriating than watching someone with obvious talent just going through the motions instead of getting involved and show casing how good they are. Simply put he made a rod for his own back with the fans. 

9 hours ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

Up the owls!

Was crap for us, utter crap.

Last season we was not good enough.

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson gets slagged off because he’s poo. End of story. Makes no difference that he’s young, English and an Owl. I’d love to play for Wednesday but I’m not good enough and neither is he. It’s natural he gets grief.

I wanted to play for the club but wasnt good enough so support them instead ....you  should try it .

Edited by torryowl
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

He played well in a Fulham team that cost a fortune. A Fulham team that spent £50 mill this season. No praise from me.

So you're saying he fits in quite well in a multi million pound team.........yes?

I do think as fans we put a lot of pressure on loanees, expecting them to come in and totally change our play and results (its hard not too when these players are coming from Premier League clubs). Looking at Onomah, I always got the impression he didn't seem to interested in being with us - hence the fans got on his back if he doesn't perform (rightly so), he seems a totally different player at Fulham, maybe he just prefers being in London closer to home.

Thought he was terrible he didn't put one player in Row Z not one, can you honestly believe that?  Should have got stuck in let them know he was there.

He hardly ever broke in to a sweat to bothered with that fancy passing and moving into space stuff, and he never put anyone into Row Z.

Get stuck in, put em in to Row Z that's what he should have been told by the management.

Get stuck in, put em in to Row Z,  Simple init?

9 hours ago, OrlandoUnTrustful said:

He played well in a Fulham team that cost a fortune. A Fulham team that spent £50 mill this season. No praise from me.  .

PLUS Fulham have an excellent coaching set up.

Remind me. What’s the name of their head coach?