Josh Onomah

Guest wilyfox

We have some proper twisted fućks in our fanbase on here who wanna rub shít in all the time.

Onomah was poor last season. Accept it. 

To be fair he just wasn’t rated by Luhukay and he didn’t play too well under him.

Every time I watch Fulham he plays behind the striker and he’s excellent Jos used him on the wing on occasion and in a midfield 2 a couple of times. 

Then he had a bad knee injury and ended up back at Spurs and we only got him back for the last couple of games and he looked much better under Bruce who constantly raved about how good a player he is. 

I just don’t think we saw the best of him, that’s all.

• Like 5

I never said it's the fans fault, nor did I say that he was brilliant for us.

Just suggesting if we had more of a supportive culture amongst the fan base rather than a scapegoating one we may attract better, and keep hold of younger players for long enough to see them blossom, like Onomah.

Just look at the treatment of Dawson this season, young, English and Wednesday through and through but slagged almost every week.

Any wonder Fox didn't sign his contract renewal as well?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

There's a lot of truth in this. Plenty of fans glory in shooting players down. Always the same keywords - 'garbage', 'fraud', 'stealing a living'.

I'm sure all clubs have loads of fans like this, not just us. It's just a depressing aspect of football.

• Like 5

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

He played well in a Fulham team that cost a fortune. A Fulham team that spent £50 mill this season. No praise from me.

33 minutes ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

What a game he had tonight, what a game he had in the semi final legs as well.

Not good enough for the Hillsborough faithful though! The stand out moment being the individual booing / hounding out of him during the 4-0 home loss to Norwich despite the whole team playing shocking.

Hopefully this is a lesson, it's no wonder we struggle to get young talent from premier league clubs in. 

We as a club and set of fans need to be so much more supportive of young talent we get in, starting with the likes of Penney, Dawson, Wildsmith, Hunt, Shaw and Dele-Bashiru.

They'll make mistakes but can come good and make this club some much needed money with the right support.

Up the owls!

I think your views represent the thoughts of many Wednesday supporters. Hillsborough can be an unforgiving environment - sadly for our own players!

• Like 2

As I've said on twitter earlier tonight, Onomah I think needed a home, somewhere he knew he was going to be for the next few seasons and a manager who actually rated him, unlike Jos. Bruce might have been able to get something out of him like Parker has if he'd come here permanently.

We do however need to back these young lads, don't hound them for one bad game and if they try something and it doesn't come off maybe don't leap on them so much.

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Is this basically a thread to have another go at our fanbase and blame us as a whole for our lack of success?

Indeedamondo it sure is..the fan blamers have been stumped last few weeks...cus we have been just as diabolical in empty stadia with no fans..so they have to resort to the op’s nonsense..

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

We have some proper twisted fućks in our fanbase on here who wanna rub shít in all the time.

Onomah was poor last season. Accept it. 

Be fair. We've been fed some proper shít by DC. It takes a bit of nerve to hold this against the fanbase. Yes, there will always be some overt moaners, but it's difficult to say that the moaning isn't justified, even when it comes with a massive dose of hyperbole.

Edited by bobness

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Is this basically a thread to have another go at our fanbase and blame us as a whole for our lack of success?

Depends how you choose to take it. You could get all precious and say that, or you could say fair enough, there's some fair points there. You might not agree entirely, or at all, and that would be fair enough too.

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, RuncornOwl94 said:

I never said it's the fans fault, nor did I say that he was brilliant for us.

Just suggesting if we had more of a supportive culture amongst the fan base rather than a scapegoating one we may attract better, and keep hold of younger players for long enough to see them blossom, like Onomah.

Just look at the treatment of Dawson this season, young, English and Wednesday through and through but slagged almost every week.

Any wonder Fox didn't sign his contract renewal as well?

Dawson gets slagged off because he’s poo. End of story. Makes no difference that he’s young, English and an Owl. I’d love to play for Wednesday but I’m not good enough and neither is he. It’s natural he gets grief.