Josh Onomah

9 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

What...  booing your own players?

You seem to think it has no effect on the players at all. I'm not getting into the whole argument that it's the fans fault, but I think fans just need to pause and consider the implications of their actions, as do players, managers, coaches and chairmen.

Don't think he got boo'd too badly

5 hours ago, Pilky said:

Not sure Onomah was as good as the sky sports commentators were making him out to be.  He scored a decent goal in the semi, they stuck it in their notes for the final and every time he did something positive they referred back to it.

"fans have been calling him Josh OnoMAHRADONA" etc.  In fact in the semis, post match interview, Parker said he was happy for Josh because fans had been getting on his back because he hasn't been performing at the level he should.  He had a good performance for us against Bristol and hes had a decent couple of games for Fulham in the play offs this season.  Don't miss him, do miss Hector though, aka Virgil Van Mike.  Fulham were floundering until he was allowed to play in Jan and I'm glad he gets the chance to play in the Prem.

He was good for probably the first 25 minutes then I thought he disappeared a bit. He was horrendous here.... His performance against Norwich was as bad  a performance has Butterfield/o'conner/Pelupessy ect have ever put in. 

I think it’s both that our fans lack a lot of patience and that we don’t play to the strengths of attacking or playmaker central midfielders. 

It’s the same reason we don’t get the best out of Bannan. If he was at Brentford or Fulham he’d be a stand out centre mid in this league

7 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Dawson and Wildsmith were much more ‘useless’ during the season than Westwood was. 

Westwood didn't have half the crowd getting on his back for a badly directed kick or any other slight misdemeanor. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Drewswfc said:

Westwood didn't have half the crowd getting on his back for a badly directed kick or any other slight misdemeanor. 

There’s a reason for that...work it out!

2 hours ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

He just wasn't very good for us. He's improved in the past year as young players often do. 

Not only that he didn't do to well, but looked unterested most of his time here. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

There’s a reason for that...work it out!

If your on about Dawson's kicking, Westwoods ain't much better. stoke away under Bruce I've never seen kicking like it. Westwood needs to go as do a few others still under contract. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, the monk said:

Its the elderly fan base's fault

I've read it all now !

What we need is young "hungry" fans 😆

hahahahahahahah! let me try and help you understand what i posted.

in previous decades sheffield wednesday were a more successful team than they presently are, this will be remembered by anyone old enough, and they will wish for a return to those glories.

you may have 'read it all now !', but you obviously didn't understand it all, or did you yet chose to take it from a different angle?

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

hahahahahahahah! let me try and help you understand what i posted.

in previous decades sheffield wednesday were a more successful team than they presently are, this will be remembered by anyone old enough, and they will wish for a return to those glories.

you may have 'read it all now !', but you obviously didn't understand it all, or did you yet chose to take it from a different angle?

Chose to take it from a different angle and have a laugh

11 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

I think it’s both that our fans lack a lot of patience and that we don’t play to the strengths of attacking or playmaker central midfielders. 

It’s the same reason we don’t get the best out of Bannan. If he was at Brentford or Fulham he’d be a stand out centre mid in this league

it can't be our fans are no worse at patience and grumbling than any others in football anywhere,i've just been told that.

so how do we get the best out of bannon?

the difference with us, and fulham and brentford is that those two have multiple options of attack, whilst if we had everything going through bannon all the time, our opposition would easily shut us down by doubling up on bannon.

we need to expand our attacking options, to allow bannon the freedom to play a telling ball, he also needs movement up front.

On 04/08/2020 at 22:59, RuncornOwl94 said:

What a game he had tonight, what a game he had in the semi final legs as well.

Not good enough for the Hillsborough faithful though! The stand out moment being the individual booing / hounding out of him during the 4-0 home loss to Norwich despite the whole team playing shocking.

Hopefully this is a lesson, it's no wonder we struggle to get young talent from premier league clubs in. 

We as a club and set of fans need to be so much more supportive of young talent we get in, starting with the likes of Penney, Dawson, Wildsmith, Hunt, Shaw and Dele-Bashiru.

They'll make mistakes but can come good and make this club some much needed money with the right support.

Up the owls!

YAWN!

Another expert after the fact. He wasn't very good for us. Maybe he's been coached better at Fulham or playing in a team with better players or a manager that has a game plan and gives good tactical instructions. Probably a combination of the three.

Neg -10

Basic problem was that he didn’t want to be at the club, thus he under-performed. He is undoubtedly a player of talent, it just didn’t work out at Hillsborough. I don’t expect him to feature in too many Premier league games next season - just not quite up to it.