Keyendrah 'Keke' Simmonds

Just now, gurujuan said:

Reading up on him, he’s more of a wide attacker, who can also play centrally, as opposed to our lads, who are wingers who also play wing back

Absolutely. Looks like he can play on the left of a 4231 or a 433 where the wingers allowed to drift inside towards the strikers. 

Could be a similar player to that Griffiths lad we were wrongly linked with, a quick goalscoring wide player. I like that type of player, and was disappointed when Monk dismissed the link, buy maybe this guy could do a similar job Nothing more on the Donny born centre back we were also linked with?

33 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Have you seen anything of him? Decent? 

Heard good things, but have only seen a couple of trick videos from him (there's one in the story). Played for England at youth level though, and can play wide or up top. Worth a punt if he's cheap in my opinion.

Full story here if the above link isn't working: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-and-sheffield-united-battle-it-out-manchester-city-youngster-keyendrah-simmonds-2930490

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

We need to get the defence sorted out.

I'm not certain if it's Monk or the players but a 5 year old can see that it's the place to start.

personally I think a quality new number one would massively help sort the defence out. Give the players in front of him a bit of confidence. Neither Dawson or Wildsmith imo give the rest of the defence any confidence. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

personally I think a quality new number one would massively help sort the defence out. Give the players in front of him a bit of confidence. Neither Dawson or Wildsmith imo give the rest of the defence any confidence. 

I'm starting to think that way.

48 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

Heard good things, but have only seen a couple of trick videos from him (there's one in the story). Played for England at youth level though, and can play wide or up top. Worth a punt if he's cheap in my opinion.

Full story here if the above link isn't working: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-and-sheffield-united-battle-it-out-manchester-city-youngster-keyendrah-simmonds-2930490

Finally seem to be looking at players with potential! I don't want us to be a selling club necessarily but young players with pedigree can only be a positive! The other good things with the lad we have signed and this lad is that their not outcasts! They actually want to leave to better themselves! That for me is a massive positive 

• Like 1