Dele-Bashiru... Again

43 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

He’s come from Man City 

Is that not enough to show that the young man is likely to show some promise?

If that was the case would he be coming here on a free and to us. A German team would have snapped him up to develop. 

I understand what you mean though it's better that he comes from there then say Norwich as the level of coaching and the way he would have been taught to play technically, would be of a higher standard. So that does bode well for the future. 

But I also get why some are saying that we are getting abit carried away about a lad that's not played a professional competitive match, has he?

So what every player we sign under 20 we jump for joy and start singing "All hail Garry Monk".

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Really? I’d say it’s one of the biggest gaps we have in the squad. Unless I’m mistaken we have Bannan, Joey, Luongo and thats it. With Hunt and Shaw coming through. Considering we play three centre mids that’s Fairly threadbare?? 

Also in Midfield we have Reach and Harris.   We have been playing three at the back which has not worked out well and needs to change which would obviously come from having a more normal 442.  In that case we would have 3 players for 2 positions, not saying a 4th would not be a good thing however when you look at other areas.

We have only one striker

We have 3 keepers, 2 are not up to standard and the other is frozen out.

We have a few options in defense but definitely need another to cover LB and RB.

Midfield is probably the best of a bad bunch was my point.  The young lad will be a risk, sometimes they work out and fingers crossed he does, I could not even find a Wiki page for him but does not appear to have much first team experience (Has he been out on loan?)

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

659B4389-0971-46CB-9DC6-FB0BCB494166.jpeg

The Monk Haters have gone quiet now Garry has pulled this mega signing off

Theyre probably too busy eating their humble pie 

I have it on good authority it was the mighty DC that was responsible.

ALL HAIL CHANSIRI.

🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

Also in Midfield we have Reach and Harris.   We have been playing three at the back which has not worked out well and needs to change which would obviously come from having a more normal 442.  In that case we would have 3 players for 2 positions, not saying a 4th would not be a good thing however when you look at other areas.

We have only one striker

We have 3 keepers, 2 are not up to standard and the other is frozen out.

We have a few options in defense but definitely need another to cover LB and RB.

Midfield is probably the best of a bad bunch was my point.  The young lad will be a risk, sometimes they work out and fingers crossed he does, I could not even find a Wiki page for him but does not appear to have much first team experience (Has he been out on loan?)

As I’ve said before I wouldn’t be surprised to see some more departures, this time of under contract players and I could see anyone or two of Bannan, Reach and Pelupessy leaving?

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Perhaps Monk will do a Turner? 

That being, assembling a young, decent squad for a good manager to come in and get the best out of them.

Errr you're not allowed to say or imply positive things about Monk. 

I'd be watching out for pitchforks if I were you!!!

2 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

Errr you're not allowed to say or imply positive things about Monk. 

I'd be watching out for pitchforks if I were you!!!

It was more of a backhanded compliment tbh. 

I mean...I compared him to Chris Turner. 

That's hardly lavishing the man with praise, is it? lol