Dele-Bashiru... Again

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

If we do recruit a new set of young players like this lad and they end up playing we have to be patient and give them time to develop. It's not their fault we've spunked a fortune - they could be our only way out of the mess we're in. 

Absolutely which in some respects was why I think a change of manager would have helped. Need to get off to a good start to get rid of the negativity of this season. Otherwise a team of youngsters could suffer

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

659B4389-0971-46CB-9DC6-FB0BCB494166.jpeg

The Monk Haters have gone quiet now Garry has pulled this mega signing off

Theyre probably too busy eating their humble pie 

Come on what is it? Why the Monk love-in? Money? Sexual favours? Kidnapped a relative?

• Haha 1

Just now, jamthesun said:

Come on what is it? Why the Monk love-in? Money? Sexual favours? Kidnapped a relative?

There's no Monk love in

Just saying that the Monk Haters can't handle this signing that Garry's pulled off

You don't have to be on any particular side to comment on them

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Kagoshimaowl
9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's no Monk love in

Just saying that the Monk Haters can't handle this signing that Garry's pulled off

lol

There is a Monk love in and as I told you before it’s embarrassing!

Monk Out!!

3 hours ago, cardiffowl06 said:

Catching up and seeing a lot of fans getting excited. He's 19, let's not expect the earth of the guy. It's a good first move in the market, but any players need to be assembled into a team. 

Monk has to nature these players and not cast them aside, like he has done so far with his time here.

*nurture*

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's no Monk love in

lol

But according to some on here DC signs the players and not the manager, so well done DC for this coup

Think the recruitment team might have had a lot to do with this actually, but well done to whoever did it

To be fair its the sort of player we need to be getting in however so was De Cruz.  That didnt exactly work out.  So just because he has signed some unknown 19yo from a top team does not mean he is suddenly a great manager.

Also out of all the positions we need to fill..  Midfield is I would say hardly the top priority at the moment. 

Edited by catdog1121
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Thursday. Announced as a Sheffield Wednesday payed. 

Friday. Out injured for two months with a freak accident whilst getting his dinner from the hot counter at Morrison’s 

Tudgay getting a shard of glass through his foot at a barbecue and Leon Clarke breaking his toe against the advertising hoardings stupidly celebrating in the decider against Palace are the worst I can remember for freak injuries

11 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

There is a Monk love in and as I told you before it’s embarrassing!

Monk Out!!

While not a Monk hater I have certainly got a monk on until Monk is out!

Anyway ITK Owlstalkers know that the coach does not make the signings and that Chansiri does, which is why his son was able to announce it.  

5 hours ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Never ceases to amaze me how the owlstalk resident experts jizz one off when we sign a player no one has ever heard of let alone see play with their own eyes

Next we’ll have the same folk posting next seasons best starting 11 with him in (and captain no doubt

FFS

He’s come from Man City 

Is that not enough to show that the young man is likely to show some promise?

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's no Monk love in

lol

You’ve not answered my question. Is it Monks Chansiri or Paxos signing. 

12 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

Tudgay getting a shard of glass through his foot at a barbecue and Leon Clarke breaking his toe against the advertising hoardings stupidly celebrating in the decider against Palace are the worst I can remember for freak injuries

Didn’t JP McGovern injure his back picking up his dog?

22 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

To be fair its the sort of player we need to be getting in however so was De Cruz.  That didnt exactly work out.  So just because he has signed some unknown 19yo from a top team does not mean he is suddenly a great manager.

Also out of all the positions we need to fill..  Midfield is I would say hardly the top priority at the moment. 

Really? I’d say it’s one of the biggest gaps we have in the squad. Unless I’m mistaken we have Bannan, Joey, Luongo and thats it. With Hunt and Shaw coming through. Considering we play three centre mids that’s Fairly threadbare?? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

The point is, signings like Dave Jones have put us in this position...hopefully the club have realised this. Who knows, we might only get 2 years out of this young lad and a second before he’s sold to the highest bidder...that’s how football works these days and that’s how clubs make money. 

Signing 30-32 year old on 3 year deal on high wages with £00.00 resale value, is a poor business model. 

It's DC you need to tell, not me.