Dele-Bashiru... Again

I think this lad is exactly the type of signing we should be looking at.

reading the report above from the coach, he is clearly a box to box, high energy midfielder who lacks consistency.

Playing week in, week out will give him that and hopefully he turns out to be a real gem.

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

no idea but for city to want to offer him a long term contract speaks volumes. 

id rather sign this lads than a £30k a week Dave Jones 

Yes don't disagree with that, £25k per week for dave Jones, yes, but £30k is a bit too far. 

Didn't realise city wanted to give him a long term contract. Fingers crossed then. 

13 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Yes don't disagree with that, £25k per week for dave Jones, yes, but £30k is a bit too far. 

Didn't realise city wanted to give him a long term contract. Fingers crossed then. 

Depends who you listen to? The owlstalk hysteria, who already have him lined to move to Barca for £50 million, or someone who regularly watches youth football and seems to have a good knowledge of what’s going on. I’m neither, haven’t seen him play and haven’t a clue about his contract. I hope and pray he turns out to be good, no great and is part of our team for years to come. Fingers crossed.

Guest mrbluesky
8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

659B4389-0971-46CB-9DC6-FB0BCB494166.jpeg

The Monk Haters have gone quiet now Garry has pulled this mega signing off

Theyre probably too busy eating their humble pie 

I do love a bit of trolling :cool:

Catching up and seeing a lot of fans getting excited. He's 19, let's not expect the earth of the guy. It's a good first move in the market, but any players need to be assembled into a team. 

Monk has to nature these players and not cast them aside, like he has done so far with his time here.

1 minute ago, cardiffowl06 said:

Catching up and seeing a lot of fans getting excited. He's 19, let's not expect the earth of the guy. It's a good first move in the market, but any players need to be assembled into a team. 

Monk has to nature these players and not cast them aside, like he has done so far with his time here.

Which young players as he cast aside

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Depends who you listen to? The owlstalk hysteria, who already have him lined to move to Barca for £50 million, or someone who regularly watches youth football and seems to have a good knowledge of what’s going on. I’m neither, haven’t seen him play and haven’t a clue about his contract. I hope and pray he turns out to be good, no great and is part of our team for years to come. Fingers crossed.

Same here... Be a nice change to have one of these signings to work out... Well overdue. 

4 minutes ago, cardiffowl06 said:

I didn't say young players. I said players, which he did with key players. 

This is a good signing on paper and it is encouraging. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Fair point, but not let's crush any enthusiasm over the signing, the club needs a lift and this is a little ray of sunshine.

I don't think anyone is under the impression we have signed the next big thing, but as you say it's an encouraging step, and we need to applaud it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

At 19 years old, I’d rather it have been a 4 or 5 year deal than a 3 year one.

Your stuck with someone you cant get rid of if till 2025 if he turns out to be crap .....we've been down that route before.

1 hour ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Never ceases to amaze me how the owlstalk resident experts jizz one off when we sign a player no one has ever heard of let alone see play with their own eyes

Next we’ll have the same folk posting next seasons best starting 11 with him in (and captain no doubt

FFS

It's all about actually putting your brain into gear and weighing up the evidence.

He's at City so he must have something about him, they offered him 4 year deal by all accounts, so again you feel he must have good potential.

It's not as if we've taken a punt on someone who's just been released Plymouth is it?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Lets get Fisayo, Fisayo

I wanna get Fisayo

Lets get into Fisayo

9 hours ago, MarrakechOwl said:

That's brilliant! I'd sing that - in fact, I just did.

Let me hear your body talk  🙈

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Fair point, but not let's crush any enthusiasm over the signing, the club needs a lift and this is a little ray of sunshine.

I don't think anyone is under the impression we have signed the next big thing, but as you say it's an encouraging step, and we need to applaud it.  

Equally, we have signed youth who we have taken steps forward then many back. We have an incredibly depleted squad, the club needs to act swiftly but not rushed.