Dele-Bashiru... Again

2 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

The kid's only 19 so let’s not expect too much too soon. He will undoubtedly make mistakes but it’s a promising start to our recruitment drive. 

Reminds me of the days when we signed Paddy Collins, Chris Brunt, Glenn Whelan, etc. under Turner.  Fresh blood and all that...fortunately we won't be playing the mighty Colchester on the first day of the season next year. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

659B4389-0971-46CB-9DC6-FB0BCB494166.jpeg

The Monk Haters have gone quiet now Garry has pulled this mega signing off

Theyre probably too busy eating their humble pie 

As one of the posters that’s aimed at ( I prefer the word critic to hater) can you confirm that this is Monks signing? Because it seems the bad signings are the chairman’s and the good signings are someone else’s. Someone else who watches youth football ( malek was it)  reckons he’s not all that, so if he turns out crap, can we blame monk for a poor signing or will it revert to chansiri / Paxo?

I really hope he turns out to be a world beater and Monk has pulled off a real coup. But let’s wait til we’ve seen the kid play before we start pulling each off eh?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Plonk said:

As one of the posters that’s aimed at ( I prefer the word critic to hater) can you confirm that this is Monks signing? Because it seems the bad signings are the chairman’s and the good signings are someone else’s. Someone else who watches youth football ( malek was it)  reckons he’s not all that, so if he turns out crap, can we blame monk for a poor signing or will it revert to chansiri / Paxo?

I really hope he turns out to be a world beater and Monk has pulled off a real coup. But let’s wait til we’ve seen the kid play before we start pulling each off eh?

Do we have to? It’s been a while. 

• Like 1

For the people who keep say “I don’t understand the monk needs a summer comments”...this it in a nutshell!!! Dead wood out of contract and younger players like this become available. This type of transfer only happens in the summer window, not January or throughout the season.

give monk time, if in another 6-12 months we are still massively under performing, then it will be time!!!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

For the people who keep say “I don’t understand the monk needs a summer comments”...this it in a nutshell!!! Dead wood out of contract and younger players like this become available. This type of transfer only happens in the summer window, not January or throughout the season.

give monk time, if in another 6-12 months we are still massively under performing, then it will be time!!!

I get this but has anyone actually seen much of him? Not asking to come across negative just wonder what we know about him as alot of posts seem to suggest he's just what we want, a world beater. I get we need young blood, waaaay overdue, but can he play, what is he, tough tackling midfielder, flair player? 

Nice to see a signing from a premier league academy, a highly rated one at that. Let’s get a few more along this vein and hopefully we can attract a bit of experience too (mid-20s experience, not ageing plus 30).

It will be interesting to see if our approach to selling also changes. Should Dele-Bashiru bloom, will we be open to selling at the right time for the optimal price?

44 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

I get this but has anyone actually seen much of him? Not asking to come across negative just wonder what we know about him as alot of posts seem to suggest he's just what we want, a world beater. I get we need young blood, waaaay overdue, but can he play, what is he, tough tackling midfielder, flair player? 

no idea but for city to want to offer him a long term contract speaks volumes. 

id rather sign this lads than a £30k a week Dave Jones 

• Like 1

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Never ceases to amaze me how the owlstalk resident experts jizz one off when we sign a player no one has ever heard of let alone see play with their own eyes

Next we’ll have the same folk posting next seasons best starting 11 with him in (and captain no doubt

FFS

7 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Needs a song....anyone?

Great news

Hard song to live up to but.....

F.I.S.A.YO
F.I.S.A.YO
F.I.S.A.YO
F.I.S.A.YO

He is Fisayo

He is F, fearless
He is I, incredible
He is S, Sheffield Wednesday
He is A, ?

He is O, oh, oh, oh

I'll work on the end bit....suggestions welcome.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Great signing by Monk that 

Sign of things to come 

Bright future ahead under this manager once the clear out and transition has been completed

lol

Seen him play have you ?

it was only last week you were saying that the managers at Sheffield Wednesday don`t do the recruiting     WTF:

• Like 2

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Great signing by Monk that 

Sign of things to come 

Bright future ahead under this manager once the clear out and transition has been completed

Club propaganda again