Dele-Bashiru... Again

2 minutes ago, cardiffowl06 said:

Equally, we have signed youth who we have taken steps forward then many back. We have an incredibly depleted squad, the club needs to act swiftly but not rushed.

Monk has hinted that they have been working behind the scenes, so hopefully this is the first of a few quality signings. 

9 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Good luck to the lad, will he be expecting to come straight in the team or is he more for the future?

I hope for once we have a bit of luck with our signings, we already have enough midfielders, Lee? Harris, Pelupessy,

Bannan, Reach, Luongo, Da Cruz, Hunt, Windass, so expecting him to be used like Hunt, (sparingly).

Ben Wilkinson says he's a box to box midfielder, which we don't really have, so good luck to the lad I wish him every 

success.

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I hope for once we have a bit of luck with our signings, we already have enough midfielders, Lee? Harris, Pelupessy,

Bannan, Reach, Luongo, Da Cruz, Hunt, Windass, so expecting him to be used like Hunt, (sparingly).

Ben Wilkinson says he's a box to box midfielder, which we don't really have, so good luck to the lad I wish him every 

success.

Da Cruz gone, Windass may come back. Lee probably gone.

Edited by royalowlisback

1 minute ago, daleblue said:

success.

Like the bit about box to box player and if he is an effective one, we need to be playing him every week, get every drop sweat out of him.

Windass and Da Cruz are no longer with the club.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Like the bit about box to box player and if he is an effective one, we need to be playing him every week, get every drop sweat out of him.

Windass and Da Cruz are no longer with the club.

Yep, forgot those 2 are history.

Monk was only using Hunt occasionally, so wont be expecting him to use him any different.

Hoping we dropped lucky for a change and does play regularly, report also suggest he is

physically strong.

Just now, daleblue said:

Yep, forgot those 2 are history.

Monk was only using Hunt occasionally, so wont be expecting him to use him any different.

Hoping we dropped lucky for a change and does play regularly, report also suggest he is

physically strong.

Yep, I do think luck plays a big part in young players can show all the promise in the world then fade away or look awkward and ungainly then a year later look very confident and assured.

A bit like yearling horses. 

I like us to sign young players but my question is, if Hunt is the future of the club by signing this lad does it limit Hunts chances of cementing a place in the first team or is this lad being bought as a squad player. If we are going to play both of them then that puts a lot of pressure on Bannan being the only senior central midfielder presumably playing with them.

I do also hope we get on with bring in the other position we are urgent for like Goalkeeper, left back, centre back, right wing, strikers. We need all the players in by the start of preseason, not scrabbling around on transfer deadline day trying to get deal completed.

We also need to make decision in this window about Lees, Westwood, Bannan, Reach - if they are in the manager plans then they need to be signed to longer deals as they are all out of contract in 11 months, or they need to be sold so we can recoup some of the money spent on them to reinvest in the improvement of the team or at the very least get their £1m+ a year salaries off the wage bill

Finally if Penney and Urhoghide are the likely full back/wingback options then I would like to see them tied down to a bit longer than 12 months, if they both have a good season they can leave in the summer for next to nothing, they cannot be on that bigger salary. I want the club to start planning further than this season ahead we should not be having 8-10 players leave every summer from the first team.

• Like 1

He is a young [player, like Shaw and Hunt, they will need time to grow and develope, so Please do not expect them to play like seasoned professional's.

They will make mistakes and have bad run's, let's not get on their backs and call the names when they do. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JOCOWl said:

Yes don't disagree with that, £25k per week for dave Jones, yes, but £30k is a bit too far. 

Didn't realise city wanted to give him a long term contract. Fingers crossed then. 

The point is, signings like Dave Jones have put us in this position...hopefully the club have realised this. Who knows, we might only get 2 years out of this young lad and a second before he’s sold to the highest bidder...that’s how football works these days and that’s how clubs make money. 

Signing 30-32 year old on 3 year deal on high wages with £00.00 resale value, is a poor business model. 

8 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

The point is, signings like Dave Jones have put us in this position...hopefully the club have realised this. Who knows, we might only get 2 years out of this young lad and a second before he’s sold to the highest bidder...that’s how football works these days and that’s how clubs make money. 

Signing 30-32 year old on 3 year deal on high wages with £00.00 resale value, is a poor business model. 

Or heaven forbid he turns out to be an instrumental part of our promotion team and we can tell the highest bidder to gofuckthemselves. 

21 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Or heaven forbid he turns out to be an instrumental part of our promotion team and we can tell the highest bidder to gofuckthemselves. 

It's always a gamble getting in these younger players. We recruited a load over recent years from various places of a similar age and they're virtually all gone now.  But it's the place we're in and we have to hope the scouts have done a good job. The team needs pace and energy - fingers crossed we're on the way to getting them. 

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 2

If we do recruit a new set of young players like this lad and they end up playing we have to be patient and give them time to develop. It's not their fault we've spunked a fortune - they could be our only way out of the mess we're in. 

• Like 1