RIP Jack Charlton

They aren't worth the argument buddy.

Snowflake thinking matters now.

This thread is about one of our heroes so will just stick to that.

Will probably have a very thoughtful drink or two later and toast probably our best leader in my time supporting the club.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, alcock dived said:

Totally agree mate, if anyone deserves a statue at this club then big Jack is at the top of that list. I'm surprised how shocked and saddened i am by this news about someone i never met, but this has hit me harder than i expected and prooves to me the measure of the man: RIP LEGEND

Me too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 33 said:

They aren't worth the argument buddy.

Snowflake thinking matters now.

This thread is about one of our heroes so will just stick to that.

Will probably have a very thoughtful drink or two later and toast probably our best leader in my time supporting the club.

I found some watery things in the corners of my eyes. Definitely not a soft shyte though. Must be hay fever.

• Like 2

The Blackburn away game in 1980 our promotion season is etched into my mind, it was the turning point of the free fall, all the bad poo for that period ended that night we knew we were going up.

Thank you Big Jack, you were the f#*king man 😘

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, M Royds said:

Jack challenging his mum with a header. His mum was a big influence on football in that region. 

EcoadovXoAAu868?format=jpg&name=small

Got to be one of the best pictures I've ever seen that. Absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Just now, crookesowl said:

Was before my time but heard great things. RIP Jack.

A proper character, and an alpha male. All his staff respected him. 

His knowledge of football was second to none. He took players from lower leagues, and built a proper solid team that would die for each other on the pitch. He dragged this club out of sleep walking in the lower reaches, and got it up on its feet again, restoring pride and love for the club.

We were going nowhere, then Big Jack turned up and our immediate future became bright.

I think about where we are now, and sadly, we need another Big Jack. Another miracle required like the one Big Jack delivered. So much respect for the man.

• Like 4
  • Love 1