RIP Jack Charlton

Such sad news.

Big Jack's team were my first real memories of watching Wednesday. To this day travelling down the A1 to Leicester on those wintery nights, amongst the thousands and thousands of Wednesdayites for our epic Cup Replays' against Arsenal are probably my fondest memories watching The Owls. I remember the day he came to Hillsborough to decide whether to take the job or not, instead of sitting in the director's box, he sat with the fans in the North! Such was his stature, we even featured on MOTD that night, even though we were a 3rd division club. He brought pride back to our club.

RIP Big Jack - a true Wednesday legend - and thanks for the memories. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Different era.

As a kid we were on holiday in filey circa 1980. On beach and big jack was in his deckchair, flask of tea, hankie tied on his head and wearing a vest! Can't imagine pep doing that! 

Edited by mcmigo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We owe  Big Jack so much for what he did for our club. The perfect and fitting way to honour him is to rename the North Stand "The Jack Charlton Stand" 

No manager has ever done more for our club than this man. 

After that day where he sat with the fans in The North before accepting the job, there couldn't be a more fitting tribute. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, sirlawrenceofmadden said:

If we were ever to name a Stand after someone, this is the man. 

Agreed. Would've been nice to do it while he was alive. He'd have loved that. 

• Like 1