RIP Jack Charlton

Heartbroken to wake to this news. A true Wednesday legend in every sense of the word. I was lucky enough to meet Jack on numerous occasions when he came in the Shoulder of Mutton in Worrall with Tony Tom's. He was always happy to have a pint and a chat with the fans. Wil always be my favourite Wednesday manager. 

RIP Big man. You will be sadly missed. 

jack-charlton-sheffield-wednesday-8428169.jpg.89414864de28d99c6ac994bc4ebe4c78.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Guest mrbluesky

Some of the best years watching Wednesday.

(Short story)

I`ll never forget seeing him in the car park, he chatted with my Dad, my Dad worked in the steelworks at the time and was looking at redundancy, in which they spoke about  ( following month he was) , he (Jack) asked my Dads name,Jack said next home game come to the players entrance and they`ll be four tickets waiting for you, me and my Dad couldn`t believe it.

My Dad nervously went to the players entrance next game, and there they were waiting for us with the steward!  

Small gestures go a long way, the free tickets were great, but for "Big Jack" to actually stop and have a 5 minute chat with my Dad and me were amazing and something that has stayed with me and my Dad

RIP "Big Jack"

Guest The Claw

Rip Jacky, met in our promotion season and shuck his hand, we were all buzzin, a true Wendy legend. That's one guy who I would have a statue of at hillsborough 

So sad to hear of the passing of Big Jack in my opinion the man who turned our great club around in the late seventies and early eighties the man who brought Sheffield’s only TC Terry Curran and who masterminded the famous Boxing Day massacre. 
RIP Big Jack fondly remembered by us old Wednesday fans.   

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Guest everydays_wednesday

Very sad to hear the news RIP Big Jack. For me the best manager we have had and gave me my greatest memories of watching Wednesday.