RIP Jack Charlton

Guest gizowl

Sad news that we've lost Big Jack ,brought our club out of the wilderness and put pride back into our wonderful club. Gave us many great memories.  RIP big man. x

Absolutely heartbreaking news this morning.

Big Jack was without a shadow of a doubt the greatest manager we ever had. He gave us pride in our football club again, his achievement was immeasurable. A World Cup winner and a true, humble gentleman.

We mourn a genuinely great Wednesday legend.

Thank you for everything you did for our club Jack.

RIP

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Guest Grandad

Loved Big Jack. I have some lovely memories of him as a child growing up - he would always take the time to stop and have a chat with me while I was with my Grandad when he worked on the Players Entrance at Hillsborough. The club photographer gave me this photo - as it has Big Jack and my Grandad on it (in the commissionaires uniform). Big Jack would always bring me a Cup Final programme too - signed by the teams.

How much we could do with a manager of his standing right now at the club. RIP

image.png.701bfb2fe94dd024c6b10c1636de223b.png

RIP Jack.

Gave me so many memories - a truly larger than life character in a different era. I wonder what he would have made of the game today. 

He did wonders for the club and will always be a legend and hero to me.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Very sad news. Like many on here he was manager when I went to my first match, so it’s all your fault Big Jack!

A truly great manager and a true club legend. We were so blessed to have a gentleman of his calibre at our club. Will be sorely missed.

Edited by Pablo Bonvin
  • Like 2

Brilliant memories of a Great manager and a great man .......Grew up with his team  as my hero’s .......Andy McCullough ...Terry Curran ....Jeff Johnson ...Tony Toms ....great days ........Never forget the home match when he only came to watch and became our manager the same day !!!....Exeter away ..clinching promotion!!......RIP Big Jack 

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox

Much of what he did was before my time. First memories of him were managing the Rep of Ireland team, obviously aware of his past achievements.

R.I.P. Big Jack

Awful news to wake up to. 

His era was just before my time but he built the foundations for the teams that I grew up watching. A huge character with a massive heart... what we would do for someone like him at the club right now.  

Thoughts to his family and friends.

• Like 2