RIP Jack Charlton

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Upset me has this news.

I loved Big Jack, great football manager and a magnificent bloke.

An honour to have had him manage our club, rest in peace big man.

Me too Dale.

Though I’m putting anything that resembles tears down to hay fever. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

RIP Big Jack.  The word "Legend" is used about people who have done nothing worthwhile these days, but here was a man who truly deserves the accolade.   Came to a club on its knees and built a team that we as Wednesdayites could be proud of.  A true Legend and someone the like of whom, we will never see again.

Edited by Kevan
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

We owe  Big Jack so much for what he did for our club. The perfect and fitting way to honour him is to rename the North Stand "The Jack Charlton Stand" 

No manager has ever done more for our club than this man. 

I'd love this. It might sound daft but instead of feeling miserable about what was about to unfold in front of me, I'd feel honoured to be sitting in a stand named after him. Might only last for a few games til reality sets back in again but would love to see this happen anyway. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Saying that I am not sure he loved us when folk threw snowballs at him from the Kop.

I was told that when he got back to the dugout he was laughing at himself for trying... " daft sod I shoulda known better " 

• Like 3

RIP Big Jack. A true Wednesday and England legend.

Was the manager for my first couple of years watching us.  The football may not have been sparkling but he certainly knew how to manage, he dragged us up from the third division and laid the foundations for our promotion to the top flight, such a shame he couldn't have won that semi in 1983 and had his final game for us at Wembley.

• Like 2