Amazing scenes at York

I was there.

It was a day (maybe a week) after the ticket prices for the Bristol City game had been released - £39 on the Kop.

When I saw his car pulling up and a crowd gathering round it I thought he was going to be harangued over the ticket prices.

Instead he was worshipped like a God.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and it set the tone for the next five years.

Hero-worship.

• Like 6

I think everyone is over thinking this.  I was there that day and everyone was just getting a bit silly and having a laugh. 

Mcgugan had just been given a contract, scored and was our best player since Antonio had left.  We'd had a good day in the sun drinking in York and excited for the new season.  I've actually got good memories of that day.  You saw a lot more giddiness through that first season.  

Yes it was because he's rich but by that point we'd suffered nearly 15 years of misery and here was a bright spot.  It was what you call 'fun'.  I know Wednesday fans probably now need to look that up in a dictionary.  

Don't think anyone was harmed (apart from the angry egos 5 years later on here).  Yes in hindsight it is cringeworthy but so is a lot of stuff you see at football after in the cold light of day in hindsight.  You just have to see it in it's context.

• Like 2

Guest Therealrealist
4 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I think everyone is over thinking this.  I was there that day and everyone was just getting a bit silly and having a laugh. 

Mcgugan had just been given a contract, scored and was our best player since Antonio had left.  We'd had a good day in the sun drinking in York and excited for the new season.  I've actually got good memories of that day.  You saw a lot more giddiness through that first season.  

Yes it was because he's rich but by that point we'd suffered nearly 15 years of misery and here was a bright spot.  It was what you call 'fun'.  I know Wednesday fans probably now need to look that up in a dictionary.  

Don't think anyone was harmed (apart from the angry egos 5 years later on here).  Yes in hindsight it is cringeworthy but so is a lot of stuff you see at football after in the cold light of day in hindsight.  You just have to see it in it's context.

Great post..it wer just pissed up  fans havin a laugh

4 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I get that it was fans with a couple of drinks inside them having a bit of a laugh.

Think what was is more embarrassing is the sign on the the back of the Kop saying 'Thank You Chansiri', is that still there?

Or the flag with his face on that appeared in the North West Corner one game that some fans paid £600 to have made.

6 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I get that it was fans with a couple of drinks inside them having a bit of a laugh.

Think what was is more embarrassing is the sign on the the back of the Kop saying 'Thank You Chansiri', is that still there?

Or the flag with his face on that appeared in the North West Corner one game that some fans paid £600 to have made.

Again, that was in his first season, everyone was happy and having fun and in a way it was all down to him and his bank account.

I get the feeling that he still feels like he is still Mr Sheffield Wednesday and the fans will blindly follow.  When in reality he can and will leave when he wants, leaving us suckers still there.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I was at this game as well. Generally everyone was far more interested in the glorious weather and the sense of a new era dawning, which was just as well as it was a bloody awful game lol

Had some great days out watching wednesday but this was the best. Red hot, loads of pubs/ale, loads of Wednesday fans there in great spirits and just a reyt laugh from start to finish. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

I remember thinking at the time when I first saw this video, how uncomfortable and ill at ease he looked - but I bet that’s nothing as to how he’s feeling now, given how things are turning out

22 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He is single handedly taking our club into oblivion. 

If he had more hands as he did in the first season AND listened to them and did as they suggested then things definitely wouldnt be where we are today. 

Oblivion really a bit theatrical don't you think

8 minutes ago, 360Owl said:

Mr Chansiri is an amazing guy. I'm extremely grateful for his ongoing investment in Wednesday. There's a lot of ungrateful Owls throwing their toys out of the pram because of a few bad results and the EFL interfering. It's a disgrace what Chansiri has had to put up with by those with really short memories. Still 100 percent behind him. Long may he reign!

Hiya Att lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 360Owl said:

Mr Chansiri is an amazing guy. I'm extremely grateful for his ongoing investment in Wednesday. There's a lot of ungrateful Owls throwing their toys out of the pram because of a few bad results and the EFL interfering. It's a disgrace what Chansiri has had to put up with by those with really short memories. Still 100 percent behind him. Long may he reign!

Oink off

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Grandad said:

I'm sure he hates that feeling

I take it you know him personally 

10 hours ago, English Man said:

Deluded. He single handedly took a club that was stable into the mess were in now and also spend a lot of money in the process. He's put us in a position of financial instability, points deductions, transfer bans, over priced tickets, dodgy agents, possible relegation/administration and to top it off he sold our stadium to cover his own financial idiocy. 

We'd financially got into a decent, stable position as a club after all our financial issues over the years and now he's put us back in the poo. 

We were millions in debt when he took over us. Criticise the Chairman but at least state facts

• Like 1