Amazing scenes at York

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

The guy was given so much goodwill and support by our fans.  He could have been a legend here.

Shame he turned out to be utterly clueless.

Could've returned that goodwill with decently priced tickets and shirts. 

In hindsight, the rationale behind charging more couldn't be more comical. 

• Like 7

I was there.  Brought traffic to a halt on the main road into the city centre.  I thought it was well over the top, given we'd just scraped a 1-1 against York.

Just our luck that when we find an owner who's loaded, FFP means we can't spend it.  

Don't know whether it's fair to just blame him.  We need decent accountants. Don't even own our own ground anymore.   Financially we are in a terrible state.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I was there.  Brought traffic to a halt on the main road into the city centre.  I thought it was well over the top, given we'd just scraped a 1-1 against York.

Just our luck that when we find an owner who's loaded, FFP means we can't spend it.  

Don't know whether it's fair to just blame him.  We need decent accountants. Don't even own our own ground anymore.   Financially we are in a terrible state.  

Usually you could blame a whole host of people - director of football, chief exec etc etc 

We don't have any of them - no senior leadership team, no structure within the club. It is literally Manager, Club Secretary and DC - how daft is that? Seriously, it's like running a 2 bob business. How do any critical important business decision get made when its like this? The Club Sec is the go to eyes and ears on the ground. 

• Like 2

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

My thoughts honestly are why are the same imbeciles opening threads when we lose a couple of games

A couple?

Screenshot_20200709-072151_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2aad06709af77095029e148014827666.jpg

We've got 13 points from 57?

Edited by Grandad

Guest Grandad
Just now, bladeshater said:

I will stick with imbeciles

Imbeciles? Cretins?

Question. Just exactly how bad does it have to get before you stop having a go at fans who are worried and critical, and start to target those who are actually responsible for the mess? 

Just now, Grandad said:

Imbeciles? Cretins?

Question. Just exactly how bad does it have to get before you stop having a go at fans who are worried and critical, and start to target those who are actually responsible for the mess? 

I will judge monk when he as full squad that he as assembled not a squad with 4 kids in it to make up the numbers

As for the chairman he's been foolish and irresponsible with his money he tried and twice failed narrowly now is the time to back him because he is single handedly stopping this club from going into administration

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I will judge monk when he as full squad that he as assembled not a squad with 4 kids in it to make up the numbers

As for the chairman he's been foolish and irresponsible with his money he tried and twice failed narrowly now is the time to back him because he is single handedly stopping this club from going into administration

No he didn't stop us going from into administration? When was that? 

1 minute ago, bladeshater said:

Stockholm Syndrome.

I would respect your position if I had seen any evidence that he has learnt from his mistakes and is taking steps to use some of his apparent vast wealth to build a team behind the scenes that can propel this football club to the next level (that would be "FFP free" remember). Help me to respect you and be more optimistic generally... can you point to any actions DC has taken over the last 12 months that shows he is beginning to understand what mistakes he's made and learn from them, where an investment in this club that will pay long-term dividends have been made, or some sign that he's learned from his mistakes re disenfranchising ticket prices etc...?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Stockholm Syndrome.

I would respect your position if I had seen any evidence that he has learnt from his mistakes and is taking steps to use some of his apparent vast wealth to build a team behind the scenes that can propel this football club to the next level (that would be "FFP free" remember). Help me to respect you and be more optimistic generally... can you point to any actions DC has taken over the last 12 months that shows he is beginning to understand what mistakes he's made and learn from them, where an investment in this club that will pay long-term dividends have been made, or some sign that he's learned from his mistakes re disenfranchising ticket prices etc...?

Hes sold more season tickets than at anytime in our history

• Like 1
  • Haha 2