Amazing scenes at York

Guest Grandad
3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I take it you know him personally 

We were millions in debt when he took over us. Criticise the Chairman but at least state facts

I'll ignore the first bit 🙄

A business can be extremely stable while being in debt, it's all about the value of the business and it's assets when compared

How do you think it compares today to the day the Chairman took over

16 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'll ignore the first bit 🙄

A business can be extremely stable while being in debt, it's all about the value of the business and it's assets when compared

How do you think it compares today to the day the Chairman took over

I know what you say however we don’t owe no banks any money and all the debt is to the Chairman. Previously MM borrowed heavily against the ground and other assets. So I’d say we are in a better position on paper than before and if D.C. does want to sell he only has to deal with himself and not the banks

3 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I know what you say however we don’t owe no banks any money and all the debt is to the Chairman. Previously MM borrowed heavily against the ground and other assets. So I’d say we are in a better position on paper than before and if D.C. does want to sell he only has to deal with himself and not the banks

All our shares were solidified and we had become an attractive acquisition. Yes the debts were wiped/swallowed up as part of the takeover.But being in debt to a private business man who has sold our ground is just as dangerous when poo hits the fan. We were solid and stable when he took over. Now we are neither and staring at relegation with no ground which has always been our major asset. 

15 hours ago, Grandad said:

Imbeciles? Cretins?

Question. Just exactly how bad does it have to get before you stop having a go at fans who are worried and critical, and start to target those who are actually responsible for the mess? 

Because those responsible for the mess have gone?

I think what that video shows, is how powerful this fan base can be. How much of an ally it can be. All Chansiri really had done at that point was spend some money on a new pitch, scoreboard and some players who we had no idea if they would be any good or not. But after so long of scraping by on frees, loans and the odd player bought for money like Antonio, the fans were happy to buy into Chansiri and what he potentially could bring.

I don't think people were acting like that because they were impressed by someone who was wealthy, they were enjoying being able to dream again and to have some hope, something we're crying out for now. For me Chansiri needs to communicate better with the fans regardless of what happens with the EFL, like I sat, look how good a support you can get with this club. Embrace it, use it and listen to it. You'll never please 100% of people but he shouldn't be afraid to try and talk to the fans properly.

1 hour ago, English Man said:

All our shares were solidified and we had become an attractive acquisition. Yes the debts were wiped/swallowed up as part of the takeover.But being in debt to a private business man who has sold our ground is just as dangerous when poo hits the fan. We were solid and stable when he took over. Now we are neither and staring at relegation with no ground which has always been our major asset. 

How can we be solid and stable if we’re losing money? To be solid and stable we need to be promoted simple as

For me it went downhill when he decided to give the fans ‘the present’ of Jordan Rhodes for £8m. Said at the time we didn’t need him and £8m spent well in other areas would have probably got us promoted. No better example of how good his intentions might be but how totally clueless, badly advised and stubborn he is.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2020 at 07:21, SouthStand75 said:

He’s made bad decisions but the turning point was the play off final. Had we won that we wouldn’t be having this concert or in this mess now. Small margins and crazy how one game of football can change your future. 

Small margins & a bit of bad luck

Small margins re play offs & losing Bruce in the way we did was a bigger setback than we even thought at the time, which was totally NOT his fault. He listened to what the fans wanted, was patient in waiting for Bruce only to have to start looking again a third of the way into the season.

Yeah, he's made other mistakes in trying to give us what we've demanded, but I personally don't think he's past redemption.

Steep learning curve and all that, learning from mistakes and all that.

It might sound laughable now but i'm still not totally convinced he won't be forgiven for his sins and we won't be singing his name from the rafters at some stage. He's very stubborn (as we know) and this stubbornness could eventually work in our favour. 

Football fortunes change incredibly quickly & given the right manager, a bit of good fortune who knows.

Think Wolves. Our last game before Wembley. We were flying they were nowhere. Two years later, situations totally reversed.

Anyone who rules anything out in football either has no memory, no sense, or both.

Edited by bigthinrob
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, English Man said:

We were solid and stable when he took over.

That just not true tho is it.

During the Mammadov saga, 6 months before Chansiri bought us, Mandaric was repeatedly talking about how he was personally paying the bills. That is not at all stable.