Garry Monk post match comments

Guest mrbluesky
5 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Yep, Iorfa solid. But Murphy throwing away chances like they're going out of style.

Seriously, who is playing the best they've player right now?  Everyone is well below their best imo.

Iorfa was in part to blame for the first goal, hardly solid, he has it in him every game to switch off at vital moments, he needs some leadership around him, imho.

Alex Hunt didnt have any impact when he came on, he is a young lad that should only be coming on when we are winning comfortably not a 0-0.

Our callapse against WBA and Swansea after playing well gives me no comfort at all like it does others, infact it concerns me.

• Like 2

Same old explanations... He doesn't need to appear live, just send them a video.. what is being done to improve things.. why should we be optimistic.. it's same old, same old... It's his job to get the strikers to commit and have belief.. they had very little even in the decent first half... In every game we wait for the inevitable cluster at the back and we have to listen to the old 'we're frustrated' garbage. As fans we've been frustrated for the best part of 30 years now and we've had a bellyful of it.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Iorfa was in part to blame for the first goal, hardly solid, he has it in him every game to switch off at vital moments, he needs some leadership around him, imho.

Iorfa had to go to imo. The men behind him were marked and Murphy could have cut out the ball across, but pulled out of it.

I will say that when Iorfa started to go wide, the alarm bells did start ringing, but that was only because he and Borner are the only competent players we have defensively on the pitch. But that's Monk's fault, so..

11 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

I agree that we should have had something out of the game, but I base that more on the fact that Swansea are also pretty cr@p too.

And yet they are 8th.

Forest, Millwall, Cardiff, Bristol City, Swansea....all fairly plop. Season after season - you don’t have to be amazing to get into the play-offs.

Well-drilled, driven, and moderately consistent and you are there.

Next year Rodney.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

GM: I’m sat here very frustrated, to perform that well, we should have been comfortable but we are here with a loss. A lot of play is very good and the players deserve credit, but the most important is getting points. We’ve been punished heavily for mistakes made #

It's very frustrating but we just don't have the quality in front of goal, fletch is a massive loss imo. 

• Like 1

The Hunt one was a strange sub.

I assumed Lee was injured, but then Hunt ends up playing in the holding role where Bannan was having a decent game.

Monk's options are pretty awful atm, but he doesn't help himself.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Yes, and I saw the second half as well. What did Monk say to them at half time. Very poor.

Seriously?

Do you reckon he said anything like "Wipe one of their players out again in the six yard box, give the ball away, waste chances and then we'll all have a nice cup of tea and go home"?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, SiJ said:

The Hunt one was a strange sub.

I assumed Lee was injured, but then Hunt ends up playing in the holding role where Bannan was having a decent game.

Monk's options are pretty awful atm, but he doesn't help himself.

Probably Hunt or the “vital squad member” Pelupessy.

9 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Yes, and I saw the second half as well. What did Monk say to them at half time. Very poor.

It astounds me that some think half time is regroup, motivating talk, and nothing changes except the players are now more up for it so the second half will be the same but better...

7 minutes ago, Daz said:

Same old explanations... He doesn't need to appear live, just send them a video.. what is being done to improve things.. why should we be optimistic.. it's same old, same old... It's his job to get the strikers to commit and have belief.. they had very little even in the decent first half... In every game we wait for the inevitable cluster at the back and we have to listen to the old 'we're frustrated' garbage. As fans we've been frustrated for the best part of 30 years now and we've had a bellyful of it.

Just been trying to explain what it’s like to my partner.

I said it’s like watching a film with an ending you hate, over and over and over and sormehow each time you watch it you think the ending will be different 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3