Garry Monk post match comments

Just now, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Agree with Monk. Deserved better today. Finishing let us (and GM) down.

It’s not just the finishing it’s the decision making on the pitch.

Yep we should have scored first half but to some extent any manager accepts some will be missed.

But the decision making in critical moments around the box and when defending will drive him barmy.

Guest Ronson

Is it any wonder Lee had to go off cos his calf was hurting? He never stops running, take a breather every now and again mate if you're reading.

Guest Ronson
58 minutes ago, cookeh said:

He's not rebuilding. He's emptying the dressing room bit by bit. Getting rid of everyone he can, even the kids and falling out with the senior players who are still contracted in the hope they'll leave. He's gutting the club and we'll start next season with the thinnest, weakest squad we've had in 30 years, and that's saying something!

Get a grip mate, let's wait and see, it could be better than you think.

Just now, cookeh said:

Yes, a sub-standard attacking winger who is deployed as essentially a wing back in a 352, a role that he's incapable of.
10/10 for monk?

After reading your  posts after this game and if I had to choose between yourself as manager or Monk I'm sorry but I'd have to plump  for Garry

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Ronson
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

After reading your  posts after this game and if I had to choose between yourself as manager or Monk I'm sorry but I'd have to plump  for Garry

I knew this would happen when they re-opened the pubs.😀

4 minutes ago, Ronson said:

Get a grip mate, let's wait and see, it could be better than you think.

I hope it is. But the fact remains.. Monk has never rebuilt anything in his life.. and he's done nothing in this job to suggest he's got the slightest clue what he's doing here. 3 wins in 18 in the league.. and people on here are like "yeah, let him do what he wants!" good grief

My current expectations..
We go down.
Bannan and Lees go.
Harris and Rhodes keep us in League One.
5 kids play 5+ games each due to injuries to starting 11 players and inadequate squad depth.
We don't come back up next season.

I really hope we can do better than that.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not a football manager, so fair.. 
But let's see where thinking Monk is the messiah gets you in 12 months.

Guest Ronson
1 minute ago, cookeh said:

I hope it is. But the fact remains.. Monk has never rebuilt anything in his life.. and he's done nothing in this job to suggest he's got the slightest clue what he's doing here. 3 wins in 18 in the league.. and people on here are like "yeah, let him do what he wants!" good grief

We go down.
Bannan and Lees go.
5 kids play 5+ games each due to injuries to starting 11 players and inadequate squad depth.

Me too.

The simple facts are we are the worst team in the championship since xmas day , we are awful and now have a threadbare squad , having to put on young lads who are totally out of there depth worries me that monk thinks there the way forward . We need young quality players from premier league like most other championship clubs get . Homegrown sadly are miles off the pace. Our incredibly poor u23 set up sadly never seems to improve . Sack all academy staff if hunt or that young full back are the best we have , both look kids in a headlight . 

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, RedDragonOwl said:

It's a Shane we don't have adequate cover for Kieran Lee. Alex hunt will be a good player in a couple of years, but he doesnt have any impact on the game.

We deffo need a Shane..have we ever had one?

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

The simple facts are we are the worst team in the championship since xmas day , we are awful and now have a threadbare squad , having to put on young lads who are totally out of there depth worries me that monk thinks there the way forward . We need young quality players from premier league like most other championship clubs get . Homegrown sadly are miles off the pace. Our incredibly poor u23 set up sadly never seems to improve . Sack all academy staff if hunt or that young full back are the best we have , both look kids in a headlight . 

I think Hunt will replace Bannan in the starting 11 in League One next year. 

Guest Therealrealist
22 minutes ago, Ronson said:

Is it any wonder Lee had to go off cos his calf was hurting? He never stops running, take a breather every now and again mate if you're reading.

Ran a lot but what did he actually do? Time to thank him and let him move on

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

We go down.
Bannan and Lees go.

If we go down we could be several years in lower leagues . Thats a very real prospect ,its happened to many well supported clubs, even pigs spent 6years , portsmouth a few , coventry 10 plus, sunderland 3 years plus now. We are in such a mess from having a shocking youth set up , shocking 1st team coaching/manager set up , to an owner who still aint a clue. No forward thinking plan whatsover , just takes advise off paxo and look where that is taking us. 

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

I think Hunt will replace Bannan in the starting 11 in League One next year. 

You're literally talking crap now just for the sake of it.

Borukov? He'd scored 3 goals in 2 years for the U23's. If he can't score against kids how's he gonna cut it against seasoned pro's in the championship?

Let's face it. You're not going to be happy until we're playing tiki taka and slotting 6 past our opponents every game