Garry Monk post match comments

Just now, cookeh said:

yep.

He did.

Why are you on the only single person saying it then?

lol

Everyone else watched the match too and saw it with their own eyes

Connor Wickham was not in midfield 

He was up front getting man marked out of the game by an excellent defensive performance

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk has said in the last 48 hours that we've already approached new players to come to the club

Well, that's ok then.

All he needs to do is sign 10 decent squad players and 5 stand outs all for free.. and we might not get relegated next season.
I'm relieved.

• Haha 2

It struck me in the first half that our strikers were piling into the 6 yd box without thought when Murphy looked like he might cross the ball. They don’t show enough guile to check back and allow the ball to be pulled back instead of trying to thread it across a crowded 6yd area. Saying that there were two or three clear cut chances for Murphy and Da Cruz to score and if you don’t take the chances you don’t get the points. Simples.

Just now, cookeh said:

Well, that's ok then.

All he needs to do is sign 10 decent squad players and 5 stand outs all for free.. and we might not get relegated next season.
I'm relieved.

Kinda killed your attack on him for having no players next season though didn't it?

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Connor Wickham was not in midfield 
He was up front getting man marked out of the game by an excellent defensive performance

He came deeper and deeper and was liking up in midfield most of the time.
Da Cruz was the guy up on the defenders shoulders. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

The Hunt one was a strange sub.

I assumed Lee was injured, but then Hunt ends up playing in the holding role where Bannan was having a decent game.

Monk's options are pretty awful atm, but he doesn't help himself.

Thing is, if he'd put the more experienced Pelupessy on he'd have got even more hammered. 

He's in a no win situation whatever he does. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk has said in the last 48 hours that we've already approached new players to come to the club

Heard we are in for these lads.  Still got a season or 2 left in them, and should be a bargain.

Footballers.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

GM: I’m sat here very frustrated, to perform that well, we should have been comfortable but we are here with a loss. A lot of play is very good and the players deserve credit, but the most important is getting points. We’ve been punished heavily for mistakes made #

He ain't half as frustrated as the supporters are seeing the same old, same old week in week out. 

3rd to 15th is some achievement since Christmas. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Kinda killed your attack on him for having no players next season though didn't it?

lol

Err.. no.. because we don't have any.. and he can't possibly fill out the squad to the required level to be competitive. 

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Heard we are in for these lads.  Still got a season or 2 left in them, and should be a bargain.

Footballers.jpg

I love Malcolm McDowell, but I think his competitive football days are behind him.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

You've just lost all credibility with that post! Keeping players based on "wasn't embarrassed", "didn't seem bad", "Dont remember seeing him, but was getting decent reviews iirc", "Monk had him on the bench a few times earlier this year.".

Wow, just wow 😂😂😂

Pigs mad is the site you want!

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

You seem to have missed how thin our squad will be once the season ends.

Borukov would be our 2nd most senior striker. Let that sink in for a second.
A guy with a good record for the youth sides, no starts, but good enough for the bench.
that's a crap position to be in.. and now we're in the worse position that that!

I haven't missed how thin the squad will be at the end of the season. That is a very good thing as we can start the long awaited rebuild. Let monk have his chance with his team, looking forward to it.

What a shame that monk doesn't agree with you on borukov being our second most senior striker. As you say, he's been on the bench a few times and you can't get any better than that.😂😂

• Love 1

Just now, GLOwl said:

I haven't missed how thin the squad will be at the end of the season. That is a very good thing as we can start the long awaited rebuild. Let monk have his chance with his team, looking forward to it.

What a shame that monk doesn't agree with you on borukov being our second most senior striker. As you say, he's been on the bench a few times and you can't get any better than that.😂😂

It's not opinion mate. He objectively would be.

And this 'give monk a chance' stuff is rubbish. He's done absolutely nothing to warrant any faith in him at all.
Rebuild.. right. He's gutted the team, planning for League One.
I'll happily be right next season when we're getting pumped and you're calling for Monk to go.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Garry Monk has said in the last 48 hours that we've been approaching new signings to come to the club

Before we get all excited about this comment lets just wait and see who they are shall we? 

• Like 2