Garry Monk post match comments

10 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

On top of being unable to recognise who our best player has been this season, I assume your not here to win a popularity contest.

I thought this was a discussion forum, not a popularity contest? I'm sorry you don't agree with my views, but that's kind of the point of a forum for discussion and debate? No need to take offence and turn a tad bitter.

Out of interest, who is this "stand out" player that you speak of who couldn't wait to leave?

We are hearing on the Radio Sheffield  how Monk has been lumbered with a past aging squad ,Well why has he got to have Bullen as his assistant .Surely if he has been given the responsibility of re building a younger more dynamic squad ,With a sell on value ,Surely he should be able to bring his own Assistant manager in .

On 05/07/2020 at 22:13, Ian said:

You seem to have missed the fact that there will be a transfer window between now and next season

No, I'm just aware (as every other club will be) that in that window we need to bring in probably 11 players, 4-5 of whom must be our first choice in their positions.

Any time other clubs and agents know how desperate you are for bodies, you're making your life harder.

If we'd held on to Borukov, Preston, Lee and Kirby, it'd be a signal that we're confident in our young players and think they're ready fro the first team. That way it looks like we're less in need and can't be milked as hard when going for new players. Whether we're going to use those young players or not doesn't actually matter, it's about appearances and what that does for us in the market.

We've emptied the squad to less than the bare bones. That leaves us looking desperate.

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

No, I'm just aware (as every other club will be) that in that window we need to bring in probably 11 players, 4-5 of whom must be our first choice in their positions.

Any time other clubs and agents know how desperate you are for bodies, you're making your life harder.

If we'd held on to Borukov, Preston, Lee and Kirby, it'd be a signal that we're confident in our young players and think they're ready fro the first team. That way it looks like we're less in need and can't be milked as hard when going for new players. Whether we're going to use those young players or not doesn't actually matter, it's about appearances and what that does for us in the market.

We've emptied the squad to less than the bare bones. That leaves us looking desperate.

Proper strategist aren't you......are you an army general or champ manager player?

10 hours ago, GLOwl said:

I thought this was a discussion forum, not a popularity contest? I'm sorry you don't agree with my views, but that's kind of the point of a forum for discussion and debate? No need to take offence and turn a tad bitter.

Out of interest, who is this "stand out" player that you speak of who couldn't wait to leave?

Your view was that I’m a blade. Which I’m not. 
Fletcher was our stand out player. Just look at how we performed with and without him.

And you’re right, it’s not a popularity contest.

4 hours ago, cookeh said:

Neither, obviously.
Is that supposed to be a way to avoid the obvious logic of what i said?

The so called obvious logic of your post doesnt need avoiding.....it was proved wrong in 2004 when we brought in at least 12 free transfers at the start of the season......and that didnt end too badly did it

• Like 1