Garry Monk post match comments

Just now, GLOwl said:

Ask a serious question then and I'll answer it.

Simples

Serious questions.
How many chances did we make for wickham today?
How many chances did we make for wickham and rhodes against West Brom?

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Did you not watch the first half?

Think there is a fair few who just don't watch the game look for the result and say Monks fault...

We have played well enough just missed some great chances and they didn't.

The performances since the return have been far far better. Let's lay off him as this criticism is getting tedious. Not sure what all the armchair managers would do different....Maybe want to get G Hirst on loan and give youngsters a chance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Serious questions.
How many chances did we make for wickham today?
How many chances did we make for wickham and rhodes against West Brom?

0 and 2 respectively.

What's your point though?

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

No we haven't

You've just made that up

Released:
Omar Damba. Seemed promising from his u23 displays.
Fraser Preston. Youth international who's started for us. 
Jack Stobbs. Played a handful of games for us and didn't look bad when he did.
Jack Lee. Played the 90 against Wovles in the cup a couple of years ago and wasn't embarassed.
Connor Kirby. A few sub appearances, didn't seem bad.
Joe West. Dont remember seeing him, but was getting decent reviews iirc.
Preslav Borukov. Good scoring record in the youth sides and Monk had him on the bench a few times earlier this year.

If we go down, as seems fairly likely to me at the moment, these are the types of players we'd be relying on to fill out the squad. Kids with some experience who seem to have something about them. Instead our back ups will be freshly promoted u19s players with no minutes between them. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ronson said:

Monks trying to rebuild and whilst doing so has us competing and not playing too badly, certainly an improvement on pre covid. He needs cutting some slack IMHO.

Sometimes I get the feeling some posters are enjoying losing so they can have a go at the manager.Thinking about it that has been the way for majority of our managers in the last 20+ years.

17 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

My guess is that probably applies to at least 50% of all the appointments there have been for the last 20 years.

No then and I don’t blame them.

I’d have Bruce back

• Like 1

Monk seems to be focusing mainly on the lack of composure in front of goal. Well that’s pretty obvious as only one goal from open play in four games demonstrates.

The thing that concerns me more though is the number of just plain stupid fouls given away in and around our own penalty area. Penalties against in successive games and any number of free kicks conceded in dangerous positions deep in our own half. Monk and Bullen as former defenders and now coaches should be well equipped to eradicate this as priority. The team is putting itself under pressure by conceding sloppily and then opening up spaces as they go all out to try and retrieve these situations.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cookeh said:

Released:
Jack Lee. Played the 90 against Wovles in the cup a couple of years ago and wasn't embarassed.
Preslav Borukov. Good scoring record in the youth sides and Monk had him on the bench a few times earlier this year.

If we go down, as seems fairly likely to me at the moment, these are the types of players we'd be relying on to fill out the squad. Kids with some experience who seem to have something about them. Instead our back ups will be freshly promoted u19s players with no minutes between them. 

You've just lost all credibility with that post! Keeping players based on "wasn't embarrassed", "didn't seem bad", "Dont remember seeing him, but was getting decent reviews iirc", "Monk had him on the bench a few times earlier this year.".

Wow, just wow 😂😂😂

Pigs mad is the site you want!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Released:

Stobbs had been around the club for years, let's be fair he wasn't selected by a number of managers very often, youde have thought if he had anything about him he wouldve made himself a regular in matchday squad by now.

I remember the lad Lee against Wolves and he looked completely out of his depth, big lad aswell but got shoved off the ball way to easy.

5 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

0 and 2 respectively.

What's your point though?

You replied to the point. How have you now forgotten it?

Debram said: we just don't have the quality in front of goal
I said i thought we did, we just don't get the ball to them infront of goal.
Is that simple enough for you?

instead of making chances for our actual forwards today we mostly made them for Murphy, Da Cruz and Iorfa. If we set up to get our strikers in the box (Wickham spent half the game today in midfield) then perhaps we'd see some of the quality they have. As it is we set up for our forwards to come deep and our wide men to overlap and run beyond. In Murphy's case he's a massive choke artist, and rarely gets anything right, so it's a stupid gameplan to have in the first place. It's like making chances for Palmer and that bemoaning our players ability to finish. Round pegs in round holes ffs.

Just now, Blatter said:

Monk seems to be focusing mainly on the lack of composure in front of goal. Well that’s pretty obvious as only one goal from open play in four games demonstrates.

The thing that concerns me more though is the number of just plain stupid fouls given away in and around our own penalty area. Penalties against in successive games and any number of free kicks conceded in dangerous positions deep in our own half. Monk and Bullen as former defenders and now coaches should be well equipped to eradicate this as priority. The team is putting itself under pressure by conceding sloppily and then opening up spaces as they go all out to try and retrieve these situations.

We are naive but that’s not the managers fault.

The Reach free kick against West Brom and his penalty today are not Monks fault.

It’s stupidity from the players.

Monk can’t make every decision for them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GLOwl said:

You've just lost all credibility with that post! Keeping players based on "wasn't embarrassed", "didn't seem bad", "Dont remember seeing him, but was getting decent reviews iirc", "Monk had him on the bench a few times earlier this year.".

Wow, just wow 😂😂😂

Pigs mad is the site you want!

You seem to have missed how thin our squad will be once the season ends.

Borukov would be our 2nd most senior striker. Let that sink in for a second.
A guy with a good record for the youth sides, no starts, but good enough for the bench.
that's a crap position to be in.. and now we're in the worse position that that!

I would not be trusting Monk with a rebuild of any side but he should have gone months ago, that decision firmly lies with DC and he has proved his track record of not been able to get rid of managers when needed as we can see with Carlos and Jos.

I feel now we are stuck with him for a while.

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Like 1

Just now, cookeh said:

You seem to have missed how thin our squad will be once the season ends.

Borukov would be our 2nd most senior striker. Let that sink in for a second.
A guy with a good record for the youth sides, no starts, but good enough for the bench.
that's a crap position to be in.. and now we're in the worse position that that!

Garry Monk has said in the last 48 hours that we've already approached new players to come to the club

Owlstalk Shop