Sam Hutchinson saying his face didn't fit (twice) and not being fully paid on time

2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I'll certainly consider the next manager to reach the playoffs with us to be a success. Competing towards the upper end of the championship is probably as good as it ever gets for us . And even that is unlikely for the foreseeable future.

Who knows what's going to happen in future who would have thought blunts would get promoted to premier then hold their own anything can happen in football only thing for definate is if we loose tonight monk haters will reappear

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, vulva said:

He let them get to the playoffs twice. Bruce would have got us there as well. It’s about managing men, and getting the best out of them. Jos and to a lesser degree Monk seem to treat it like school. It doesn’t work. 

Look at the top managers at present. All brilliant man managers. I’ve got a theory that 95% of players at this level have broadly the same amount of ability. The extra bit comes from telling them they are the best players in the world whether you believe it or not. 

Wilder has gone Leon Clarke and Sharp half way up the Premier League. It’s not rocket science.  

Pelupessy will be chuffed to bits that there is a 95% chance that he is as good as Barry Bannan.

• Love 1

52 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yes that was pathetic I agree. But the best managers know how to manage the big characters and best players.

But all in all the right time for him to move on. You can’t argue with him though when he says we have been better when he’s in the side. The stats back that up. 

That’s not entirely true. Even Sir Alex had players in the past who he wasn’t able to get to grips with. Rather than manage them he showed them the door. I remember hearing Rio and another ex player (can’t remember their name) who said something along those lines.

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I couldn’t care less about this really, the fact that two managers haven’t “got on” with him suggests he’s the problem rather than they are. Managers don’t typically drop good players for no reason. 

Thanks for your service anyway Sam wish you a good move elsewhere 

I don’t agree with you mate, though I’m not denying you could well be right. I worked for 1 company for 36 years and had 9 bosses, 3 didn’t like me. One was because I stood up to bad practise and stuff being done that shouldn’t have been done. It’s part of life that you are t always liked even when you are happy to give 100%. In fact the 3rd one that did t like me was the one that meant I left. Whilst serving my notice she told me she had judged me completely wrong and that she now wouldn’t want me to go. 

Paul Smith has tweeted in the past and from my understanding he has inferred that certain players were made to play when they weren’t fit and that their careers were placed at risk. 

As for Jos, some of the decisions he made were truly bizarre. Some of the teams he picked and the formations he went with, I’m not sure I’d trust his judgement. More likely that he had an agenda rather than the player had an agenda. Like someone else said, our best 2 managers recently, Bruce and Carvahal, both trusted him and played him. Plus Bullen, who sees everything, got him back involved the moment he was put in charge.

Having said all that, I do think it’s time to part ways and wish him well. I’m far from convinced by Monk, but we need to back him and hope he can make the changes the club desperately needs, particularly around young, fast hungry new players who are demanding far lower wages and are eager for success

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Love his honesty. 

Been an outstanding player for us. Hope he finds another club and quick. 

I liked him. But let’s be fair - he was a complete liability.

You didn’t know when he would be fit or how long he would stay on the pitch.

You can’t build a team or even a squad around him, As much as you admired his commitment. 

I think his physical frailties did for him as a player.

• Like 1

Tune in folks, for this time next week when Gary Monk doesn't give his side to the argument.

Calls his interview one sided, at least he had the balls to do the interview, everyone at the club has been avoid radio interviews for 5 years.

I like Hutchinson as a player and over the years he has given a lot more blood sweat and tears, than most and I have to say, it is a disgrace he has not been given the proper send off to a player that served the club for 6 1/2 years.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Would LOVE to hear Jos and Monk  discuss Sam Hutchinson  in a similarly honest way and tell us the truth about why both of them chose not to play him

Exactly I would love to hear it from jos. 

Hes part of the problem he isnt going to admit it but we all got a snippet last year about him and westy being a bad influence.

• Haha 1

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

I liked him. But let’s be fair - he was a complete liability.

You didn’t know when he would be fit or how long he would stay on the pitch.

You can’t build a team or even a squad around him, As much as you admired his commitment. 

I think his physical frailties did for him as a player.

He has had less injuries than Fletcher, player 25 of 27 games this season, but for monk could now be approaching 40 for the season.

Even as a crock, as you put it has still played double the amount of games as Pelupessy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

People can slag him off but whenever he was frozen out the results were generally poor. Tells you everything really....a bit like Westwood too

Tells you they were both very good players and a situation where two managers felt the need to exclude them from the squad, not just drop them from the starting eleven should have never happened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Winner. 

Don’t have enough of them right now. 

Seems like a good time for everyone to move on from Hutch, but we need more winners (and wins)

Crikey. Are we talking about the same player?

Is the one you are lauding not a complete crock and available for every game?

You can’t be a “winner” on the physios bench.

*Or suspended, or substituted after an early yellow.

48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"I was a cultured centre back from Chelsea so I knew how to play football"

Who had retired due to injury. Sheffield Wednesday rescued his career, gave him another chance, then helped him through another crisis. And paid him a lot of money.  he was a decent player at this level but nothing special and every time he went in for a tackle we winced, expecting a yellow, or a red. 

• Like 2

Just now, room0035 said:

Even as a crock, as you put it has still played double the amount of games as Pelupessy.

You know when you type stuff do your fingers just click away before you've had chance to think through what it is you're actually typing/saying?

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

He managed to eek a career and good money out of SWFC and we got a few years out of him when other clubs wouldn't have touched him.

He gave all and that is ultimately all you can ask. Too many hours on the treatment bench though for to be considered a first team choice every season since 2014. We needed to replace him in 2016, but didn't and he and the team laboured for three years after this.

Injured players and SWFC seems to attract and it can't have been a coincidence - hopefully we can move on and put whatever innuendo and rumours about his time at SWFC and attitude to bed - it hasn't didn't helped the club and split the fan base.

• Like 1