Sam Hutchinson saying his face didn't fit (twice) and not being fully paid on time

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Him being a "winner" doesn't excuse him falling out with two separate managers though, does it? 

Sam was a good servant for this club, but I can't help but feel that him (plus a few from the play off teams) needed their egos keeping in check a bit too much. 

Yes, some managers are better at man-managing than others, but still. 

Well Hutch’s side says there has been no fall out. Monks side says there has been no fall out. 

So surely that puts to bed rumours that there was a fall out? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought it was a good interview with Sam Hutchinson but let me give my perspective on his time at S6.

First he was a decent footballer his performance against Arsenal and the goal he scored was excellent, but his performance away at Brentford losing his head, giving away a stupid penalty and being substituted at halftime was the end of his career under Jos. 
No one would disagree with him that the club is balancing the books and removing the highest earners who in 5 years have failed to get us out of this division and that includes  you Mr Hutchinson. You were taken off against Hull and three of our highest earners let the fans down against Huddersfield. Yourself and FF both missed spot kicks while another of our high earners failed to stop one of the penalties Huddersfield took..

Finally supporters like myself will always put OUR CLUB first because we will be here long after you have left.
Good luck Sam..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well Hutch’s side says there has been no fall out. Monks side says there has been no fall out. 

So surely that puts to bed rumours that there was a fall out? 

Football interviews are well known for being in depth and transparent with absolutely no platitudes aren't they?

:dry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Football interviews are well known for being in depth and transparent with absolutely no platitudes aren't they?

:dry:

Well what else have we got to go on? Both sides have said their bit, might be true might not. The truth often lies in the middle. 

We move on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

I thought it was a good interview with Sam Hutchinson but let me give my perspective on his time at S6.

First he was a decent footballer his performance against Arsenal and the goal he scored was excellent, but his performance away at Brentford losing his head, giving away a stupid penalty and being substituted at halftime was the end of his career under Jos. 
No one would disagree with him that the club is balancing the books and removing the highest earners who in 5 years have failed to get us out of this division and that includes  you Mr Hutchinson. You were taken off against Hull and three of our highest earners let the fans down against Huddersfield. Yourself and FF both missed spot kicks while another of our high earners failed to stop one of the penalties Huddersfield took..

Finally supporters like myself will always put OUR CLUB first because we will be here long after you have left.
Good luck Sam..

I’m sorry, but missing a penalty in a shoot out or not saving one is hardly letting the club down.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Why?

He’s clearly a winner. He wants best for the club and he’s opinionated. The two managers who played him and got the best out of him and the team were Carlos and Bruce. Our two best managers so far under Chansiri.

Go figure.

Disagree he wanted the best for the club, he just wanted the best for Sam Hutchinson! He didn't fall out with Carlos because Carlos let him, and all the players, do what they wanted. We're still paying the price for that disaster. Also, Bruce only worked with him for a few months so didn't have time to fall out with him. So maybe you go figure?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, SiJ said:

but I can't help but feel that him

All we really know is how he performed on the pitch and he was exemplary. 100% committed. Anything else with Hutch is total and utter speculation - assumptions based on no inside information just it must be this or it must be that rubbish. 

• Like 2

Just now, Andrew_Owl said:

Haha I've been saying he's a liability for ages and I've been slaughtered for it. He does this interview and people are all saying it, take your blue and white specs off for once eh?.

I can go one further - I've been telling people he was finished and had moved down South for months when they were saying he should start for us and be in the side,  and got absolute pelters for it

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, GLOwl said:

Disagree he wanted the best for the club, he just wanted the best for Sam Hutchinson! He didn't fall out with Carlos because Carlos let him, and all the players, do what they wanted. We're still paying the price for that disaster. Also, Bruce only worked with him for a few months so didn't have time to fall out with him. So maybe you go figure?

Please provide proof that Carlos let the players do what they want. Keeps getting thrown about on here but no one ever backs it up with evidence.

Has a player said it in the press? Has Carlos gone on record to say it? Please I’m intrigued.

• Like 1

Just now, rickygoo said:

All we really know is how he performed on the pitch and he was exemplary. 100% committed. Anything else with Hutch is total and utter speculation - assumptions based on no inside information just it must be this or it must be that rubbish. 

Absolutely spot on. 

Hutch has come out and said he’s not a bad influence. Monk has explained he’s been dropped for football reasons and the future of the club. DC has never come out and had a go at Hutch.

Yet fans STILL want to believe that Hutch was the sole reason why we have struggled. Despite our form being remarkably better when he’s in the team and poor when he’s not.

Reyt weird. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I’m sorry, but missing a penalty in a shoot out or not saving one is hardly letting the club down.

Well I felt let down  especially when those 3 players were earning more in a month than most of our fans earn in a year..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Well what else have we got to go on? Both sides have said their bit, might be true might not. The truth often lies in the middle. 

We move on. 

I'm sure Garry Monk does not believe Joey Pelupessy is a better footballer. So why would Hutchinson be excluded from the squad for the last six months or so? Some reports suggest he hasn't even been showing up for quite a while. Either party might have instigated that, but it hardly suggests a cordial relationship does it? 

Very little can be determined for sure, as it should be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Please provide proof that Carlos let the players do what they want. Keeps getting thrown about on here but no one ever backs it up with evidence.

Has a player said it in the press? Has Carlos gone on record to say it? Please I’m intrigued.

Of course, you know I can't provide concrete proof. We could see the players weren't fit under Carlos and Luhukay said the players weren't fit enough. Also, look at the injury record under Carlos, very poor. But please get back to Sam Hutchinson.

• Haha 1