Sam Hutchinson saying his face didn't fit (twice) and not being fully paid on time

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Given the season Jos just had at St Pauli I think it’s perfectly plausible this was the case.

What and that Sam 'self confessed opinionated gobshite' Hutchinson never once knocked on the office door and asked why he wasn't getting selected?

Give over...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, vulva said:

He let them get to the playoffs twice. Bruce would have got us there as well. It’s about managing men, and getting the best out of them. Jos and to a lesser degree Monk seem to treat it like school. It doesn’t work. 

Look at the top managers at present. All brilliant man managers. I’ve got a theory that 95% of players at this level have broadly the same amount of ability. The extra bit comes from telling them they are the best players in the world whether you believe it or not. 

Wilder has gone Leon Clarke and Sharp half way up the Premier League. It’s not rocket science.  

Disappointed in you mate - never thought you’d take success as failing in the play offs twice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tell you what

That was an interesting video with Sam shooting shots off all over the place

Would LOVE to hear Jos and Monk  discuss Sam Hutchinson  in a similarly honest way and tell us the truth about why both of them chose not to play him

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Enjoyed that interview. Personally think over his time with us he has been a very good player when in the team. Reckon he will have no problem finding another Championship team. We need leaders like him on the pitch, something we haven’t got enough of. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest Bulgaria
18 minutes ago, vulva said:

Look at the top managers at present. All brilliant man managers. I’ve got a theory that 95% of players at this level have broadly the same amount of ability. The extra bit comes from telling them they are the best players in the world whether you believe it or not. 

Totally agree about the ability, but I think that extra bit is all about hunger.

Great player for us and gave his all for the team when involved. However I do think he is a bad egg and seems ‘big time’. Thanks for your efforts Sam and all the best with the rest of your career down south. 

10 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Disappointed in you mate - never thought you’d take success as failing in the play offs twice 

Compared to where we are now, and heading, it’s like winning the World Cup with 8 men. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What and that Sam 'self confessed opinionated gobshite' Hutchinson never once knocked on the office door and asked why he wasn't getting selected?

Give over...

Sure he did, and what’s wrong with that if he did? 

He said him and Carlos argued a lot. And we achieved our two highest positions under Carlos. 

It’s man management. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, EcclesallOwl said:

I'll certainly consider the next manager to reach the playoffs with us to be a success. Competing towards the upper end of the championship is probably as good as it ever gets for us . And even that is unlikely for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

You gotta love players like Hutch. I didn’t like the physio lol Forestieri with all his BS, two half available players who are fans clamour over. It’s madness. We’re so desperate for any sort of quality that we hold players like this in such high regard 

I personally can’t wait for this new era. Fit hungry players who don’t whinge

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

He played in the Hull game...we lost

He played in the QPR game...ran ragged...we lost

He was involved in the Blackburn game...We lost

His time was coming mate

Everybody was crap against Hull.

We beat QPR

We were losing 3-0 and down to 10 men when he came on as sub and played right back against Blackburn.

You missed out the Leeds game. When he came on as sub at 0-0 and he created the first goal 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You gotta love players like Hutch. I didn’t like the physio lol Forestieri with all his BS, two half available players who are fans clamour over. It’s madness. We’re so desperate for any sort of quality that we hold players like this in such high regard 

I personally can’t wait for this new era. Fit hungry players who don’t whinge

They should have been sold two years ago. But you can’t argue that at their peak they were very good players for us. 

And we’ll do well to get better players than they were when they were at the top of their game.

• Like 1