Sam Hutchinson saying his face didn't fit (twice) and not being fully paid on time

28 minutes ago, dani_armo said:

People can slag him off but whenever he was frozen out the results were generally poor. Tells you everything really....a bit like Westwood too

Westwood's form prior to being dropped was poor. He didn't exactly show a willingness in fighting to win his place back. Instead he claimed he was I hired which was news to the coaching staff so he didn't have to sit on the bench. Two big time Charlie's that thought they were better than they actually were.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Westwood's form prior to being dropped was poor. He didn't exactly show a willingness in fighting to win his place back. Instead he claimed he was I hired which was news to the coaching staff so he didn't have to sit on the bench. Two big time Charlie's that thought they were better than they actually were.

I remember his last game he played the fans were upset with him and hes been in hiding ever since 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Take away the aggression and you haven't got the player. I didn’t mind that side of him and I agree that we are missing that at the minute. 

Yeah, like him as a player, a bit of a throw back to yesteryear, someone who relished the physically side of football and who could play a bit as well.  

Will be hard to replace, we certainly don't have his replacement at the moment. 

Like to see him fixed up with another club. 

Fans pretty much agree that this squad needs an injection of youth and pace. Hungry players with something to prove. It’s also agreed that the old crocks need moving on.

why are people moaning then when we start this process by moving on the old crocks?

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Why?

He’s clearly a winner. He wants best for the club and he’s opinionated. The two managers who played him and got the best out of him and the team were Carlos and Bruce. Our two best managers so far under Chansiri.

Go figure.

Him being a "winner" doesn't excuse him falling out with two separate managers though, does it? 

Sam was a good servant for this club, but I can't help but feel that him (plus a few from the play off teams) needed their egos keeping in check a bit too much. 

Yes, some managers are better at man-managing than others, but still. 

• Haha 1

The Better players tend to be both instinctive and impulsive it pays dividends in shed loads. The better managers are not phased by this to some extent they rely on the players impulse and instinct to profitably get more out of the team. I lost count on the number of times Atkinson would bellow ' Go on Gamble, gamble' at Hirst and Williams. 

Then there are the managers who think in terms of not taking the risk for fear of a mistake. Players go into their shell and are filled with fear. The lesser players do a little better under this kind of cotton wool wrapping. But that just isn't the environment in which top players prosper.   

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Leaves a bitter taste how him and Westwood left, after the service they've given.

They should have left with their heads held high but both leave with a bit of a whimper. Real shame.

That's in part down to them too. 

Plus, Westwood is going to be here for another year unless something drastic happens. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

You gotta love players like Hutch. I didn’t like the physio lol Forestieri with all his BS, two half available players who are fans clamour over. It’s madness. We’re so desperate for any sort of quality that we hold players like this in such high regard 

I personally can’t wait for this new era. Fit hungry players who don’t whinge

Absolutely spot on!  Forestieri has contributed nothing over the past 3 seasons.  Hutchinson was limited in midfield - he’ll be remembered for some of his crowd-pleasing tackles, but often these resulted from him being out of position. 

Just now, swfc-dan said:

Leaves a bitter taste how him and Westwood left, after the service they've given.

They should have left with their heads held high but both leave with a bit of a whimper. Real shame.

Westwood has another year.

As for Sam, great competitor but, at times a liability. Not impressed that he's so quick to have a few digs at the club. As for getting on with managers his moustache mimic after Jos was sacked tells you all you need to know. 

My take on any player leaving the club is where they go next,

my expectation for Hutch is that he's finished, and for all you distract - urs,

wait and see.

Edited by daleblue

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

The booking bingo thing is a bit of a myth when you consider FF has had only 1 less Red card than Hutchinson whilst at Wednesday. 

According to that FootyStats link from Neil, Hutchinson played 11,271 minutes of football for Wednesday, which is the equivalent of a little more than 125 complete games. In that time he was booked 61 times and sent off 5. So if he played every minute of a league season on that basis he would average 22.5 yellow cards and 1.67 red.

I'd be surprised if many players could match that kind of record.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

My take on any player leaving the club is where they go next,

my expectation for Hutch is that he's finished, and for all you distracturs,

wait and see.

That's the key isn't it - he's 30 and essentially finished at the top flight, and has been for a couple of years.

He might get a pay-as-you-play at Crawley or similar.

7 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Absolutely spot on!  Forestieri has contributed nothing over the past 3 seasons.  Hutchinson was limited in midfield - he’ll be remembered for some of his crowd-pleasing tackles, but often these resulted from him being out of position. 

You gotta love it. Not a trouble causer but leaks a story to the press lol 

he’s a wally as is FF

I wonder if someone like Kieran Lee would go crying to the press 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1