Sam Hutchinson saying his face didn't fit (twice) and not being fully paid on time

1 minute ago, EcclesallOwl said:

Ah yes good old strong Carlos who let the players do whatever they wanted lol

Proof?

People moan about Carlos but he was given a short term contract with a clear remit to get us promoted ASAP. Hence why we signed ready made proven players with no resale value. The problem is we didn’t get promoted and those players aged, lost their value and became susceptible to injuries. 

That’s not the fault of Carlos. The blame is higher up for taking a risky short term gamble which we are now paying the price for now. 

It’s such a cop out to blame CC for all our woes.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Or weak managers cant handle strong or opinionated players!

Would a "weak" manager drop such an opinionated player?...

If Hutch is right and Wednesday are offloading the high earners of which he is one...surely he realises its for he benefit of the club as a whole and forced because of the limitations put on the club by the EFL.

Hence you get someone else into his place and up to speed

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Would a "weak" manager drop such an opinionated player?...

If Hutch is right and Wednesday are offloading the high earners of which he is one...surely he realises its for he benefit of the club as a whole and forced because of the limitations put on the club by the EFL.

Hence you get someone else into his place and up to speed

Or you play your best players!

We were 3rd at xmas in a crap league, we've missed out on playoffs because of poor results since xmas!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonnyowl said:

This Carlos who gave us our highest 2 finishes in the last 20 year!

Half the story. Can't pretend the other half didn't happen, and that is the one which is having the most prolonged effects in several ways. I'm not saying Carvalhal gets to carry the can single-handedly (there's more blame above him), but he certainly has to take his share.

Hutchinson's biggest fan is clearly busy in this thread. Probably posting from his garden after rummaging through the bins. :biggrin:

• Like 1

Just now, vulva said:

He let them get to the playoffs twice. Bruce would have got us there as well. It’s about managing men, and getting the best out of them. Jos and to a lesser degree Monk seem to treat it like school. It doesn’t work. 

Look at the top managers at present. All brilliant man managers. I’ve got a theory that 95% of players at this level have broadly the same amount of ability. The extra bit comes from telling them they are the best players in the world whether you believe it or not. 

Wilder has gone Leon Clarke and Sharp half way up the Premier League. It’s not rocket science.  

Spot on. My word we agree on something @vulva.

My only issue with Carlos is he rushed certain players back when they weren’t fully fit and I think that added to our injury problems the following season. But at the same time he knew he had to get us up that season. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"regardless of how outspoken I am and how I am I always stick to the rules and do what I have to do"

So, does that include being a gobshite? Resurrected his career and claimed to love the club. Now this. P poor professional imo. Good riddance. Hope the club retain that cash for as long as possible. 

• Haha 1

What’s with the hate,  blokes not had a bad word to say other than the standard of physio which think we all knew about 

Just happy to remember Hutch for the player he was and the great times I’ve had enjoying him pull on the shirt 

He doesnt have any hard feelings towards the club and wishes us well.  There is no reason for any of our supporters to have any animosity towards Sam.

His career was nearly over at one point so it was probably a massive bonus for him to even play again at all, let alone all of the appearances that he made for us. And lets be honest, there were some very good games in which he played well during those times, the Arsenal cup game springs to mind immediatley.

The story about not being paid sounds like something and nothing listening to Hutchinson.... he didnt seem concerned about it at all. Possibly something blown out of proportion.

Ultimatley, he is leaving because he is an high earner. I wonder if that was the remit when Luhukay came in and the reason that we were trying to replace experienced, top paid players with unproven youth. And where did that objective come from?
We all know we have a squad of players who are on high wages (and high ticket prices but thats another story) and the wage bill has to be cut.

Glad that Sam is in a happy place emotionally and hope that the players and the fans can look back on his time here fondly.

• Like 3

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Spot on. My word we agree on something @vulva.

My only issue with Carlos is he rushed certain players back when they weren’t fully fit and I think that added to our injury problems the following season. But at the same time he knew he had to get us up that season. 

My guess is that these players were desperate to play as well. 

Bielsa is another example. Most of that squad were there under the previous numerous managers. The likes of Cooper, Beradi, Klich etc will be Premier League players in a few weeks. 

• Like 4

Listen to the full 15 minute interview

In it Sam Hutchinson explains his disappearance from Jos' plans like this...

Got told he was one of three main midfield players by Jos
Had a great pre-season
Gave away a penalty 
Jos then just left him out
Him and Jos never discussed it, never spoke about it

Does anyone actually really believe that?

Read it again

So Jos leaves him out of the side with Hutch having done nothing really wrong other than concede a penalty and then neither the manager or the player even discussed Sam's lack of games or reason behind him being left out?

REALLY?

Admit it if you are - but are you a person who heard that, listened to it and took it at face value without questioning it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Listen to the full 15 minute interview

In it Sam Hutchinson explains his disappearance from Jos' plans like this...

Got told he was one of three main midfield players by Jos
Had a great pre-season
Gave away a penalty 
Jos then just left him out
Him and Jos never discussed it, never spoke about it

Does anyone actually really believe that?

Read it again

So Jos leaves him out of the side with Hutch having done nothing really wrong other than concede a penalty and then neither the manager or the player even discussed Sam's lack of games or reason behind him being left out?

REALLY?

Given the season Jos just had at St Pauli I think it’s perfectly plausible this was the case.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Or you play your best players!

We were 3rd at xmas in a crap league, we've missed out on playoffs because of poor results since xmas!

He played in the Hull game...we lost

He played in the QPR game...ran ragged...we lost

He was involved in the Blackburn game...We lost

His time was coming mate

PS - WELL DONE Andy Giddings for an interview that went directly to the questions that everyone had, and didn't shy away from asking the tricky stuff

As a result got some great quotes out of Sam

Well done Andy Giddings - top interview that

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop