Cowleys

27 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

And you know what, he might still prove to be the right choice.  I’ve not seen it yet, but willing to give him more time, despite my original misgivings.  As you say he’s still relatively young, and can’t see us attracting someone with an impressive CV any time soon.

I want to see him with his own players and coaching team. 

He seems to be getting through his ideas now and the formation works, be nice to give a manager a good go with his own players and no interference, just let him do his job. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

care to name one ?...….I think our best chance of sustained success is to appoint a good manager(age don't matter) and give him 2 years  to build  his own team but I couldn't give a you a name who that is . 

If I had a choice hypothetically Torrey I'd go with the Chappie who totally mugged Beckham back in the day ...

He fits all the criteria.....

skysports-diego-simeone-atletico-madrid-leicester_3929751.jpg.352a020ba25dcfa1f8c85cbb06d5cc04.jpg

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

You said he brought in 3 players hardly having his hands tied. I only pointed out that they cost us nothing and we’re loans. None of our so called top players left because we’re top six at the time and nobody was probably willing to pay the wages.

So we’re not paying Wickham, Windass and Da Cruz any wages?  I doubt they cost us nothing.

You certainly can’t say his hands were tied - about half the clubs in the Championship were interested in signing Wickham.

I don’t think Monk did too badly out of the January window.  Just sayin.

• Like 1

I think they’ll do a decent job there in time? I don’t think we were ever serious contenders for them as Chansiri doesn’t seem to do compensation for managers?

Edited by Jim

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

I think they’ll do a decent job there in time? I don’t think we were ever serious contenders for them as Chansiri doesn’t seem to do compensation for managers?

Thankfuck.....

The bushes would look nice at the training ground though....

42 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How young do they need to be?

Early 40s okay?

34 minutes ago, torryowl said:

care to name one ?...….I think our best chance of sustained success is to appoint a good manager(age don't matter) and give him 2 years  to build  his own team but I couldn't give a you a name who that is . 

I would still class Monk as a young manager.  His track record doesn’t particularly impress me but he’s still learning his trade and is young enough to improve.  I hope he steers us clear of relegation and stays on to build his own team.

If this didn’t happen and we ended up searching for a new manager, I really do think age does matter.  I’m not blind to the benefits of experience, but in our current position I can’t see us attracting a proven / successful manager.  That’s why I think we should be brave and go for young with potential, giving them chance to build a successful club over a number of seasons.  Where might we be with our own version of Eddie Howe?  I’ve no idea who that person might be, but a professional outfit should already be monitoring possible future candidates.

Just now, Steve Down South said:

I would still class Monk as a young manager.  His track record doesn’t particularly impress me but he’s still learning his trade and is young enough to improve.  I hope he steers us clear of relegation and stays on to build his own team.

If this didn’t happen and we ended up searching for a new manager, I really do think age does matter.  I’m not blind to the benefits of experience, but in our current position I can’t see us attracting a proven / successful manager.  That’s why I think we should be brave and go for young with potential, giving them chance to build a successful club over a number of seasons.  Where might we be with our own version of Eddie Howe?  I’ve no idea who that person might be, but a professional outfit should already be monitoring possible future candidates.

we've gone down the route of recruiting lower league hopefuls and the oddball hunch's  and  apart from Catterick none have come off …….i'd agree that if we  can find one  then great but they are few and far between and you have to weigh up the odds that they are going to come off  and what happens if they don't …..Ipswich went down that road getting rid of mcarthy who kept them afloat and went for the next big thing with hurst and sank like a stone …….blunts did it but had  numerous failures before they landed one . ……..i'd personally stick with monk for a couple of years but doubt he'd get the support from the majority of fans so probably  he' d not  last that long .

Guest Therealrealist
1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

So we’re not paying Wickham, Windass and Da Cruz any wages?  I doubt they cost us nothing.

You certainly can’t say his hands were tied - about half the clubs in the Championship were interested in signing Wickham.

I don’t think Monk did too badly out of the January window.  Just sayin.

Does anybody seriously think monk has been watching da Cruz ..da Cruz looked ok today but he is one of many brought to the club by certain people...did Stuart gray spend his midweeks travellin to Romania to watch sergio bus..course he didnt

Just now, Therealrealist said:

Does anybody seriously think monk has been watching da Cruz ..da Cruz looked ok today but he is one of many brought to the club by certain people...did Stuart gray spend his midweeks travellin to Romania to watch sergio bus..course he didnt

absolutely spot on …….

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

we've gone down the route of recruiting lower league hopefuls and the oddball hunch's  and  apart from Catterick none have come off …….i'd agree that if we  can find one  then great but they are few and far between and you have to weigh up the odds that they are going to come off  and what happens if they don't …..Ipswich went down that road getting rid of mcarthy who kept them afloat and went for the next big thing with hurst and sank like a stone …….blunts did it but had  numerous failures before they landed one . ……..i'd personally stick with monk for a couple of years but doubt he'd get the support from the majority of fans so probably  he' d not  last that long .

I’m not suggesting we get rid of Monk, think he deserves the chance to build a team.  Let’s hope he’s successful and we don’t have to take a leap of faith with our next appointment.

4 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

So did Huddersfield fans, they were buzzing that the cowleys allegedly choose little Hudd over Wednesday - now read DATM !

Bet them Cowleys wished they'd stopped at Lincoln. Not to worry soon be back there with udders.

Guest mrbluesky
4 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Quite capable of enjoying a Wednesday win, just thought was worth a discussion about Cowley due to the clamour on here of people wanting him instead of Monk 

Rhodes scores an hat trick...

Guest mrbluesky
12 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Quite capable of enjoying a Wednesday win, just thought was worth a discussion about Cowley due to the clamour on here of people wanting him instead of Monk 

Good.

1 minute ago, 0114 said:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/cowley-faces-the-sack-at-huddersfield/

Cowley possibly sacked before the next game. 

Wow, that would really sum up modern day football. They have had one transfer window to change things and are only winning 1 point away from safety with 7 games to play.  Surely when you appoint people like the Cowleys you realise it’s a long term project.  Strange times  

Reminds me a bit of when we sacked Jewell after 8 months, and he went onto another lower league team (Wigan) and took them to the PL.  Ironically the Cowleys are what Hudds would probably need if they do end up in league 1 Next season 

6 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wow, that would really sum up modern day football. They have had one transfer window to change things and are only winning 1 point away from safety with 7 games to play.  Surely when you appoint people like the Cowleys you realise it’s a long term project.  Strange times  

Be a very harsh sacking. Even if they did drop, surely they would be who you want in charge to go back up?

16 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Who is it that wanted him here like proper proper bad ??   

Huddersfield look in real trouble 

Huddersfield have exactly the same problems we do. 

Cowley’s aren’t the reason for the state they’re in. Same as monk isn’t at fault for our predicament.