Cowleys

Just now, mildatheart67 said:

What about Luton, they have the worse GD in the league

I think Nathan Jones has got them on an upward curve. Stoke are 50/50 for me. Birmingham are rudderless at the moment.

Too early to judge the Cowley's IMO. They've had way more success than they have failure, we'll have a better idea after next season if they can cut it at a bigger club.

Cowley looked relaxed on TV he either knows he's getting a huge payoff if he's let go or as is far more likely knows he has next season (unless they drop) to bring in the type of player he'd normally go for.

As an aside, and without mentioning the unmentionables......I think we've seen it's possible to sign players with a great mentality who aren't necessarily "eye-catching or expensive" but are consistent, hardworking, dependable and will fight for everything. This is the direction we must take from next season.

21 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Too early to judge the Cowley's IMO. They've had way more success than they have failure, we'll have a better idea after next season if they can cut it at a bigger club.

Cowley looked relaxed on TV he either knows he's getting a huge payoff if he's let go or as is far more likely knows he has next season (unless they drop) to bring in the type of player he'd normally go for.

As an aside, and without mentioning the unmentionables......I think we've seen it's possible to sign players with a great mentality who aren't necessarily "eye-catching or expensive" but are consistent, hardworking, dependable and will fight for everything. This is the direction we must take from next season.

Too soon to judge the Cowleys, but some are judging Monk, they were both appointed at the same time - sorry I may be missing something (due to beers) but I don't understand???

Monk is by far the better manager. The league positions and squad depth doesn't lie?!?!?!?!?! 

Edited by Andrew6666
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Too soon to judge the Cowleys, but some are judging Monk, they were both appointed at the same time - sorry I may be missing something (due to beers) but I don't understand???

Monk is by far the better manager. 

You might be missing something????? I think I am, I never even mentioned Monk in that post you p!ss head..... lol

Just now, Morepork said:

You might be missing something????? I think I am, I never even mentioned Monk in that post you p!ss head..... lol

😆 I was comparing the unfounded owlstalk lovin of the Cowleys to our current manager.

It was more to do with 'Why' shouldn't the Cowleys be judged? 

Other managers are. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

😆 I was comparing the unfounded owlstalk lovin of the Cowleys to our current manager.

It was more to do with 'Why' shouldn't the Cowleys be judged? 

Other managers are. 

You had me checking the thread title........questioning my sober self!!! lol

Ok, I take your point and yes I agree. Monk has faced a mountain of issues beyond his control and probably loads more we aren't even aware of. I've posted elsewhere that we'll never know if Monk was any good or not for those very reasons, too many challenges for anyone to be judged fairly on. If we can string a few more results and performances together like yesterday he'll quite possibly save himself. 

2 hours ago, Andrew6666 said:

Monk is by far the better manager. The league positions and squad depth doesn't lie?!?!?!?!?! 

It might be in the lower leagues but the Cowley’s have promotions under their belt. Given a choice of the Cowley’s or Monk earlier in the season, most on here wanted them?

Why? Because even though Monk has managed at an higher level, his record is questionable? The issues he’s had elsewhere, he’s arguably had here? The Cowley’s have shown durability particularly at Lincoln where as Monk has shown the lifespan at clubs that you would associate with a sticking plaster.

There’s some folk on here that are desperate for Monk to succeed so they can turn around to the likes of me and said I told you so. I hope that in a couple of years or so they can as it means that we’re moving in the right direction again but if he doesn’t, you won’t get me doing the same.

• Like 1

It would be interesting to see if it’s the same posters saying give monk time, that said give Jo’s and Irvine time?

i guess the big question is how long do you give a manager who is struggling. 

Oh for the days when we had stable chairmen like Richards ( with Big Ron) and Allen ( with sturrock)

Edited by Plonk
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

It would be interesting to see if it’s the same posters saying give monk time, that said give Jo’s and Irvine time?

i guess the big question is how long do you give a manager who is struggling. 

Oh for the days when we had stable chairmen like Richards ( with Big Ron) and Allen ( with sturrock)

Are you smacked off your ********? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I want Monk to be given more time. 

Regarding Jos, Irvine and also in the end Carlos I felt it was right to sever ties. Can't obviously speak for others.

I have to say I was feeling the same way about Monk, severing ties or even his head, after the PNE result.

Yesterday's performance has earned him a bit longer, then again Tuesday could change all that.

Guest LondonOwl313
On 12/07/2020 at 09:32, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I want Monk to be given more time. 

Regarding Jos, Irvine and also in the end Carlos I felt it was right to sever ties. Can't obviously speak for others.

With Carlos he delivered for 2 seasons without question and even after 9 games before we played the pigs in season 3 we were just outside the play offs. That game seemed to knock us and then the injuries started. In the end I think it was 8 games without a win and he left.

so if Carlos can turn out 100 games of generally good results, then have a poor 10 games and deserve the sack, why does Monk deserve to stay after 4 wins in 21 given all he did before that was turn out 17 games of workmanlike football which got us some results

49 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

With Carlos he delivered for 2 seasons without question and even after 9 games before we played the pigs in season 3 we were just outside the play offs. That game seemed to knock us and then the injuries started. In the end I think it was 8 games without a win and he left.

so if Carlos can turn out 100 games of generally good results, then have a poor 10 games and deserve the sack, why does Monk deserve to stay after 4 wins in 21 given all he did before that was turn out 17 games of workmanlike football which got us some results

Maybe have a look at the squads/budgets/manpower available to the managers then you may be able to answer your own question.