Cowleys

17 minutes ago, vulva said:

Absolutely. I’d like a manager with a long term plan, strategy. Cowleys took over from a German manger who had brought his mates in. It was always going to take time. We are in danger of flitting from manager to manager for years, which costs money and identity. 

The Cowleys offered us an opportunity to create an identity. All the top teams have it. United have it. Leeds have it. Liverpool have it.  What are we? How do we play? We are the Apple crumble of English football. Easily replicated. We will replace Monk in the next 6/12/18 months with another version of Monk.  

The Cowleys allegedly chose Huddersfield over us due to board level control with aspects such as transfers. They thought they were a better prospect mid-to-long-term and if we get into big issue with the EFL case they may still be right in that. However, they will have expected to be able to get Huddersfield away from relegation trouble by now when they took over, it is tight and they may still stay up but i think they haven't done as well as they expected to do. Relegation certainly won't have been part of their plan as they have seen how clubs can struggle to bounce straight back from the 3rd division.  

Guest Therealrealist
7 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

the thing with hudds they know that and even if they go down they will be given at least 2 years to sort it. think they got promised that when they took job . similar to here pep and klopp cant turn a turd into world beaters , we are paying in more ways than 1 for complete idiocy from 4 years ago when carlos paxo and chansiri had a transfer policy based on lunacy. we need a proper rebuild and hopefully our lawyer will keep us up this season and have a fresh start next season. 

Not buyin that one iorta..if they go down they will be sacked..had plenty er time to sort it out..like lookin on their forum they laughed at us far too much after play off debacle..cant stand em..even prefer leeds to that tinpot village outfit..fizz em..thwy will end up in league 2 and i for one cant wait😇

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Agree with that but only if you appoint the right man in the first place. Most of our fans say Carlos stayed too long, few cried any tears for Jos and Bullen was never going to be the man long-term so what would you have done differently? 

fetched Pep in & given him a blank cheque book after the play off final

1 hour ago, kirksandallowl said:

Ironic that given the stick Monk gets on here (not saying from you I might add), he’s only had 1 transfer window in which his hands were well and truly tied. 

Monk signed 3 players in January including a Premier League striker.

How is that having your hands tied?  It’s more than many other EFL teams were able to recruit.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

The shrewbury manager went to ipswich and was crap.the luton manager went to stoke..was crap and now back at luton..

I'm not denying the results, they're there for all to see, I was merely providing my thoughts on why so many lower league managers struggle with the step up

Guest Willow Owl
10 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Monk signed 3 players in January including a Premier League striker.

How is that having your hands tied?  It’s more than many other EFL teams were able to recruit.

How much they cost us ?. Bruce said it would take 4 transfers to turn it round. Monks had a very restricted one !!

Guest Therealrealist
13 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I was one who wanted the Cowleys. Think the time to judge them will be the end of next season, at the earliest.

Negative..they wud av been a disaster..and let me repeat this once more..they wer never offered the wednesdsy jop..period

'2 seasons in the top flight with all that extra cash. Now it’s pretty much a certainty that we will have 2 relegations in consecutive years.
Cowleys have changed nothing at all. We can’t pass, we can’t defend, we can’t attack and we can’t score.
A complete overhaul needed. poo .....

--------------------------------------------------------

"PE teacher starts the season, a different PE teacher ends it. Clueless"

"Apart from Hogg and Schindler I absolutely ******** hate this group of players. I ******** despise them. 

It's league one next season hopefully we can rebuild with league 1 and league 2 standard players. Not bothered wether Cowleys choose to stay or not they've not been that great either imo. Talk a good game but can't deliver results."

-------------------------------------------------

Just a flavour 😂

• Haha 1

Guest Willow Owl
40 minutes ago, vulva said:

Absolutely. I’d like a manager with a long term plan, strategy. Cowleys took over from a German manger who had brought his mates in. It was always going to take time. We are in danger of flitting from manager to manager for years, which costs money and identity. 

The Cowleys offered us an opportunity to create an identity. All the top teams have it. United have it. Leeds have it. Liverpool have it.  What are we? How do we play? We are the Apple crumble of English football. Easily replicated. We will replace Monk in the next 6/12/18 months with another version of Monk.  

How do you know Monk hasn’t got a long term plan. The Cowleys did well at Lincoln. So far the step up has found them falling short.

17 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

How much they cost us ?. Bruce said it would take 4 transfers to turn it round. Monks had a very restricted one !!

How are any of us meant to know how much signings cost us?  We haven’t released our accounts for this season.  Monk was able to add to the squad without losing any of our key players though.  Most EFL managers would take that.

Then it took Monk 8 games to get a league win.  Don’t think you can put that down to a coach having his “hands tied”.

Guest Therealrealist
9 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

'2 seasons in the top flight with all that extra cash. Now it’s pretty much a certainty that we will have 2 relegations in consecutive years.
Cowleys have changed nothing at all. We can’t pass, we can’t defend, we can’t attack and we can’t score.
A complete overhaul needed. poo .....

"PE teacher starts the season, a different PE teacher ends it. Clueless"

"Apart from Hogg and Schindler I absolutely ******** hate this group of players. I ******** despise them. 

It's league one next season hopefully we can rebuild with league 1 and league 2 standard players. Not bothered wether Cowleys choose to stay or not they've not been that great either imo. Talk a good game but can't deliver results."

-------------------------------------------------

Just a flavour 😂

Love it..anybody see that forestfairy partybus they wheeled out..be in srapyard now..down there with utd in my book as classless tramps

Guest Willow Owl
9 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

How are any of us meant to know how much signings cost us?  We haven’t released our accounts for this season.  Monk was able to add to the squad without losing any of our key players though.  Most EFL managers would take that.

Then it took Monk 8 games to get a league win.  Don’t think you can put that down to a coach having his “hands tied”.

They were three loan signings and not one penny was spent on transfer fees. Hardly a January spending spree !!

1 hour ago, robowl4life said:

Out of their depth at this level. End of.

So far out of their depth that until today's games they'd averaged more points per game at Huddersfield than Monk had here.

Despite Monk having a 3 point head start on them by beating them in their and Monk's first game. 

• Haha 1