Cowleys

Guest Mcguigan
31 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Out of their depth at this level. End of.

This for me.

Its an Eddie Howe at Bournemouth situation. Once thats run it’s course and he’s been relieved of his duties, he’ll pick up another PL gig of course but it’ll end with another sacking. Some managers suit some clubs and no others.

Obviouly the Crowley brothers want to appear ambitious but, I bet in hindsight, they’d have stayed at Lincoln.

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, vulva said:

I did. And I’d swap them now for Monk. 

Fair dinkum..but you wudnt swap them for monk..your just sayin that

Guest mrbluesky
55 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Who is it that wanted him here like proper proper bad ??   

Huddersfield look in real trouble 

We won today, enjoy.

6 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

We won today, enjoy.

Quite capable of enjoying a Wednesday win, just thought was worth a discussion about Cowley due to the clamour on here of people wanting him instead of Monk 

The reason why the likes of cowleys and others (the Shrewsbury manager, the one who has gone back to luton) struggle I feel is lower down the leagues they are employed to coach players to be more than the sum of their parts

The higher up the leagues, the more players think they've already made it and are less inclined to listen.

Add that to the quick turnaround at most clubs and you can see why certain managers struggle and end up where they were.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Quite frankly ridiculous that they were even mentioned for the Wednesday job and some of our fans were clamouring for them.

As brothers and a pair, they’ve done very well for themselves but they were nowhere near experienced enough or had the necessary pedigree to take over at Wednesday. 

I don't think it was at all ridiculous.

Their achievements at Lincoln City were self evident. I think we're too quick to dismiss lower league managers - if our city neighbours had taken the view that Chris Wilder (Oxford, Northampton) lacked the necessary experience and pedigree they might still be in League 1. Unfortunately some of our fans still have this strange notion that we're a 'big' club and only a big name manager need apply.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Just now, TaxiMark said:

Would you really ? 

What have they done at Huddersfield to make you come out with that?

Absolutely. I’d like a manager with a long term plan, strategy. Cowleys took over from a German manger who had brought his mates in. It was always going to take time. We are in danger of flitting from manager to manager for years, which costs money and identity. 

The Cowleys offered us an opportunity to create an identity. All the top teams have it. United have it. Leeds have it. Liverpool have it.  What are we? How do we play? We are the Apple crumble of English football. Easily replicated. We will replace Monk in the next 6/12/18 months with another version of Monk.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Ironic that given the stick Monk gets on here (not saying from you I might add), he’s only had 1 transfer window in which his hands were well and truly tied. 

During Jos Luhuky's time he spent next to no money and his hands were actually tied by transfer a transfer embargo for a spell. Do you think we should have given him more time? 

Not always as black and white as that.

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

The reason why the likes of cowleys and others (the Shrewsbury manager, the one who has gone back to luton) struggle I feel is lower down the leagues they are employed to coach players to be more than the sum of their parts

The higher up the leagues, the more players think they've already made it and are less inclined to listen.

Add that to the quick turnaround at most clubs and you can see why certain managers struggle and end up where they were.

The shrewbury manager went to ipswich and was crap.the luton manager went to stoke..was crap and now back at luton..

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

During Jos Luhuky's time he spent next to no money and his hands were actually tied by transfer a transfer embargo for a spell. Do you think we should have given him more time? 

Not always as black and white as that.

Who knows, just found it ironic reading that you have to give managers time to create their own team etc whilst at the same time seeing Monk get pelters 6 months and 1 window in. 

What I can say is that changing the manager every 6 - 9 months has categorically not worked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Quite frankly ridiculous that they were even mentioned for the Wednesday job and some of our fans were clamouring for them.

As brothers and a pair, they’ve done very well for themselves but they were nowhere near experienced enough or had the necessary pedigree to take over at Wednesday. 

Same could be said for Ryan Lowe.

4 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Who knows, just found it ironic reading that you have to give managers time to create their own team etc whilst at the same time seeing Monk get pelters 6 months and 1 window in. 

What I can say is that changing the manager every 6 - 9 months has categorically not worked. 

Agree with that but only if you appoint the right man in the first place. Most of our fans say Carlos stayed too long, few cried any tears for Jos and Bullen was never going to be the man long-term so what would you have done differently? 

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

No different to monk...they need time. What the Cowley’s did at Lincoln took several seasons not 6 months!! 

the thing with hudds they know that and even if they go down they will be given at least 2 years to sort it. think they got promised that when they took job . similar to here pep and klopp cant turn a turd into world beaters , we are paying in more ways than 1 for complete idiocy from 4 years ago when carlos paxo and chansiri had a transfer policy based on lunacy. we need a proper rebuild and hopefully our lawyer will keep us up this season and have a fresh start next season. 

18 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I don't think it was at all ridiculous.

Their achievements at Lincoln City were self evident. I think we're too quick to dismiss lower league managers - if our city neighbours had taken the view that Chris Wilder (Oxford, Northampton) lacked the necessary experience and pedigree they might still be in League 1. Unfortunately some of our fans still have this strange notion that we're a 'big' club and only a big name manager need apply.

True. But Wilder built most of that side and gathered the momentum in league one

42 minutes ago, vulva said:

I like the cut of Cowleys jib. Something about them. It’s about matching a club with a manager. We had it with Laws. I think they would have been brilliant here.  

Not for me.

Go back and listen to his interview after they lost to us earlier in the season, it’s almost as though it was written by David Brent.

Just a load of waffle and management speak, so glad we went for a proven Championship operator instead.

• Like 2