Cowleys

46 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Not buyin that one iorta..if they go down they will be sacked..had plenty er time to sort it out..like lookin on their forum they laughed at us far too much after play off debacle..cant stand em..even prefer leeds to that tinpot village outfit..fizz em..thwy will end up in league 2 and i for one cant wait😇

Guess you dont like them lol . Personally i dont mind them they can be champions of europe as long as leeds were losing. I cant stand leeds 

3 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I wanted the Cowleys over Monk for sure, but these appointments are so often a leap of faith.  I still feel our best chance of any sustained success in future is to take a chance on a young manager with drive and vision.

Garry Monk is 41 not 61.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

They look like a pair of landscape gardeners off TOWIE - Pair o'twats!

I'm sure I've only ever seen one of them, always get confused when it's always the plural mentioned because I've got no idea who the other one is. And then I get Ozzy's "Mr Crowley" in my head so everything is alright again. 

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Garry Monk is 41 not 61.

And you know what, he might still prove to be the right choice.  I’ve not seen it yet, but willing to give him more time, despite my original misgivings.  As you say he’s still relatively young, and can’t see us attracting someone with an impressive CV any time soon.

• Like 2

Just now, alanharper said:

I'm sure I've only ever seen one of them, always get confused when it's always the plural mentioned because I've got no idea who the other one is. And then I get Ozzy's "Mr Crowley" in my head so everything is alright again. 

They are both the same....they think the exact same thing as the other, weirdly they have never spoken to each other EVER l! ...they just stare at each other to communicate.

Can you imagine them here ?  

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TaxiMark said:

They are both the same....they think the exact same thing as the other, weirdly they have never spoken to each other EVER l! ...they just stare at each other to communicate.

Can you imagine them here ?  

Imagine the conifer gossip 😂

23 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I wanted the Cowleys over Monk for sure, but these appointments are so often a leap of faith.  I still feel our best chance of any sustained success in future is to take a chance on a young manager with drive and vision.

How young do they need to be?

Early 40s okay?

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Hilarious considering they might do the double relegation with a squad that cost a fortune. Look at what they've spent just in the last 2 seasons.

I reckon it's DC's fault..setting them two on with no experience of the champ.

Should have got Rowett or Monk

:image:

Just now, Steve Down South said:

I still feel our best chance of any sustained success in future is to take a chance on a young manager with drive and vision.

care to name one ?...….I think our best chance of sustained success is to appoint a good manager(age don't matter) and give him 2 years  to build  his own team but I couldn't give a you a name who that is . 

• Like 1

Guest Willow Owl
36 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Who’s said owt about a “spending spree”?

FFS.

You said he brought in 3 players hardly having his hands tied. I only pointed out that they cost us nothing and we’re loans. None of our so called top players left because we’re top six at the time and nobody was probably willing to pay the wages.

Didn't Cowley's turn down the Wednesday job based on not having assurance of total control over first team staffing and recruitment? Maybe I just read that on here! 

They took over a struggling Huddersfield side and seemed to get things going, they're a point off safety and if they stay up thats a good first season to build on.

Its still a real possibility that we save them from relegation with an EFL points deduction, hence threads like this are just waiting to kick us in the..........

Edited by briggowl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Therealrealist

Let’s just agree we dodged a mega bullet with the hapless Crowley’s..only one person on here as admitted to wanting em...strange innit