Cowleys

8 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Huddersfield are just in a mess really, it's not really any reflection on the Cowley brothers to be honest. They've got a losing culture which can take a long while to shift. The squad probably should be slightly higher but as we know ourselves, talent needs to be matched with application.

So it does reflect on the Cowleys that they have failed to change this. With the squad they have should not be bottom 3. 

2 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Look at results , think Monks compare well against the Cowleys.

He/they joined a club on the slide, appalling relegation campaign last season and they'd only got 1 point from their first 6 games of the season.

After their, and (experienced Championship manager) Monk's, first game when we beat them, they've averaged more points per game than we have. 

Guest Therealrealist
15 minutes ago, vulva said:

If Monks contract does expire, as expected, I wonder if we will go back in for Bruno Lage, who left Benfica today. 

Hope not they’ve thrown the title away..and let my bet down last night😵

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

He/they joined a club on the slide, appalling relegation campaign last season and they'd only got 1 point from their first 6 games of the season.

After their, and (experienced Championship manager) Monk's, first game when we beat them, they've averaged more points per game than we have. 

All games included Monk averages higher then ? To some the Cowleys were world beaters hasn't worked out that way.The ex-premier league squad and parachute payments should have given them an advantage surely. 

9 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

All games included Monk averages higher then ? To some the Cowleys were world beaters hasn't worked out that way.The ex-premier league squad and parachute payments should have given them an advantage surely. 

Counting all league games, it took until Sunday's results for Monk to edge slightly ahead of their record, despite the 3 point head start from that first game. 

I'm in no way saying the Cowleys are world beaters, nor did I want them for the Wednesday job, but there are currently 2 threads on here belittling their record and suggesting we're better off with Monk. Yet their PPG records are almost identical and as I said Cowleys were actually better than Monk's before we won on Sunday. One of them is an experienced Championship manager who took over a midtable side which is now lower in the table than it was then, the other with no previous experience of the league took on a club bottom of the table with just 1 point from the first 6 games who are now higher in the league with a very realistic chance of staying up. So it's hardly clear cut that Monk is doing a better job. 

13 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

So it does reflect on the Cowleys that they have failed to change this. With the squad they have should not be bottom 3. 

Not really as they've only had the same time Monk has here and like Monk haven't had a proper chance to put their stamp on the squad. The point I was making is that it isn't easy to change the culture of a club. Look at Sunderland, different owners and managers have struggled to change it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, victorturner said:

You can also decide it is not agreeable before a decision is made to offer it to you....

Of course, but there was clearly the intention to get them on board in the first place and that’s why they rejected Huddersfield only to do a u-turn later in the week 

On 28/06/2020 at 17:24, Swiss Toni said:

Alex Ferguson struggled in his first year at United. Look what happened there. Some people are too quick to judge and managers need a good 3-4 transfer windows to fully build the team they want and get their ethos across. 

No time in football right now because of the money involved. Shame as it doesn’t necessarily make people bad managers. 

Does that apply to Garry Monk?..... 

Edited by Kernow_Blu

On 30/06/2020 at 16:03, alanharper said:

Counting all league games, it took until Sunday's results for Monk to edge slightly ahead of their record, despite the 3 point head start from that first game. 

I'm in no way saying the Cowleys are world beaters, nor did I want them for the Wednesday job, but there are currently 2 threads on here belittling their record and suggesting we're better off with Monk. Yet their PPG records are almost identical and as I said Cowleys were actually better than Monk's before we won on Sunday. One of them is an experienced Championship manager who took over a midtable side which is now lower in the table than it was then, the other with no previous experience of the league took on a club bottom of the table with just 1 point from the first 6 games who are now higher in the league with a very realistic chance of staying up. So it's hardly clear cut that Monk is doing a better job. 

i'm not sure about 'uddersfield, but we had only one forward of any note whatsoever, and when he was fit and firing were in 3rd place, when out for an extended period they couldn't hit a cow's ar$e with a banjo.

how many cubs above wednesday have only one forward worth more than £300k,and he's been out for a couple of months?