Cowleys

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

have you seen how poor the Huddersfield squad is? Even Klopp would struggle with that squad. 

I still expected him to do better

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

have you seen how poor the Huddersfield squad is? Even Klopp would struggle with that squad. 

Hilarious considering they might do the double relegation with a squad that cost a fortune. Look at what they've spent just in the last 2 seasons. That left back cost £18M ffs. And they have 2 wingers that cost a combined £20M and no ones heard of them. Mbenza and Diakhaby. Their line up against us back in Monks first game totalled over £60M in fees. Little old Huddersfield. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Hilarious considering they might do the double relegation with a squad that cost a fortune. Look at what they've spent just in the last 2 seasons. That left back cost £18M ffs. And they have 2 wingers that cost a combined £20M and no ones heard of them. Mbenza and Diakhaby. Their line up against us back in Monks first game totalled over £60M in fees. Little old Huddersfield. 

Spending money doesn’t equal success. We should know that....

• Like 6

Huddersfield are in total free fall, was it all worth it for losing every week in the PL for 2 years lol.

Oh how they loved singing Forestieri when he missed that pen, would be so funny if he ended up there in L1.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Alex Ferguson struggled in his first year at United. Look what happened there. Some people are too quick to judge and managers need a good 3-4 transfer windows to fully build the team they want and get their ethos across. 

No time in football right now because of the money involved. Shame as it doesn’t necessarily make people bad managers. 

Those days are long gone mate...its 2020 football managers have to turn it around in less then a year .

5 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Alex Ferguson struggled in his first year at United. Look what happened there. Some people are too quick to judge and managers need a good 3-4 transfer windows to fully build the team they want and get their ethos across. 

No time in football right now because of the money involved. Shame as it doesn’t necessarily make people bad managers. 

Ironic that given the stick Monk gets on here (not saying from you I might add), he’s only had 1 transfer window in which his hands were well and truly tied. 

• Like 8

It looked like they would turn it around there. If they lose Grant in the summer that will be a blow.

I think long term they will do ok there and may yet keep them up but it will be close. They seem up and down.

Had they joined us there would’ve been a real buzz given the hype their success generated but they are used to a lower league culture and Monk is used to the culture of the top two divisions which I think is key. If they are able to build a side in league one however they could build up some momentum.

Quite frankly ridiculous that they were even mentioned for the Wednesday job and some of our fans were clamouring for them.

As brothers and a pair, they’ve done very well for themselves but they were nowhere near experienced enough or had the necessary pedigree to take over at Wednesday. 

• Like 4

The problem at Huddersfield is that second season in the PL they had to spend and buy players, they did and bought players and try to shoehorn them into a system they didnt know,  Wagner was unable to re adjust.

Didnt they pay Norwich something like 16M quid for Alex Pritchard ? 

🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

No way have Huddersfield got a poor squad.

And to be fair I thought they played quite well today but it’s all about goals 

I agree. That squad should not be in the bottom 3 and I think there must be some issues behind the scenes there.

Just now, Grandad said:

They were offered the job before monk

Told otherwise, but if your right ..thankfully they turned it down eh