Cowleys

4 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

That was my point. How different DC has treated each manager of ours. If they all had the same cash to spend, all had their own choice of staff, then we could judge them all the same. It seems only CC had this luxury. 

We are under investigation for financial overspending as it is, you think we should have just carried on regardless? 

Jos had his own assistant, Bruce had hos own men, Monk has fell out with most people he has previously worked with.

Judge them by the parameters they are working under. Monk was able to cop OK without anyone else up until Christmas, did he suddenly start feeling lonely or is it simply a familiar trait in his managerial career that he starts well but can't sustain for anything like a productive period. 

1 minute ago, Grez Bez said:

Well I manage a team of 60 and a P&L of c.£80M but that has nothing to do with what we were discussing. 😁

I was pointing out that I know what I am talking about in terms of managing people and business, so it is relative. FYI I manage 4 teams totalling 119 staff, the FULL finances of 2 successful businesses £32M and £64M, am a qualified Chartered Accountant, and have also successfully mentored 9 accountants through their qualifications (only 1 failed a couple of exams). But it's not a my dad is bigger than your dad competition. 

Maybe we manage different but both have success. I still stand by my original post. I do not reward failure. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

We are under investigation for financial overspending as it is, you think we should have just carried on regardless? 

Jos had his own assistant, Bruce had hos own men, Monk has fell out with most people he has previously worked with.

Judge them by the parameters they are working under. Monk was able to cop OK without anyone else up until Christmas, did he suddenly start feeling lonely or is it simply a familiar trait in his managerial career that he starts well but can't sustain for anything like a productive period. 

Your not reading my post correctly. I am not saying we should have carried on spending (as we couldn't). I am saying that the managers have all been treated differently, only CC got a fair crack at the job. Bruce is a bit odd because he left quickly on his own terms. 

6 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Your not reading my post correctly. I am not saying we should have carried on spending (as we couldn't). I am saying that the managers have all been treated differently, only CC got a fair crack at the job. Bruce is a bit odd because he left quickly on his own terms. 

So if you are not advocating spending how do you feel Jos could have been given a fairer crack at the job for example?

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So if you are not advocating spending how do you feel Jos could have been given a fairer crack at the job for example?

You're not reading my full post. I am advocating spending but DC messed up by giving 99.9% of our cash to 1 manager, a gamble that failed and has landed us in trouble. I am saying all the managers weren't treated equally. If CC hadn't spunked all our cash then possibly Jos could have brought in some 'better' players from the Bundesliga or Bundesliga 2 at the time - whether he would have is another point all together. Bruce could have spent, so could Monk. But because of DC gambling and failing, Jos, Bruce, and Monk haven't been able to bring in many of their own players for a fee. 

Managers are still having to mainly rely on players that failed when younger, and now are older are expected to succeed, with few additions.