THE EFL HEARING THREAD

26 minutes ago, rawowl said:

Do the EFL announce our fate or the independent panel ?

The disciplinary commission may publish their decision, unless agreed otherwise by the parties. If it is agreed not to publish it it’s not clear in the regulations how the outcome is announced.I believe the EFL have said that they will announce the outcome as soon as they get it

If a decision has been made then I can’t see why they wouldn’t announce it as it has to come out  in the public domain at some point?

The longer it takes the more I believe the decision has gone more in our favour than the EFL’s?

In my opinion both ours and Derbys have been decided but we wont hear anything until after the play off final as that is officially the last game of the season, therefore any punishment given after the close of 19/20 will be implemented in the new 20/21 season and no legal action can be taken by relegated clubs as the season was played out to completion in the spirit of the game 

Another reason why i think Wigan will fail in their appeal 

Here’s my pointless post to waste some pages 

The fact we’ve signed a player for a transfer fee suggests a) we’ve been allowed to, and b) the player knows what league we are in next season 

My hope is we’ve won the case but have been told to keep it on the down low for some reason.  Maybe until the Derby result is known?  

Tune in for page 594 where I will post the reasons why I think we’ve lost the case 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

The fact we’ve signed a player for a transfer fee suggests a) we’ve been allowed to, and b) the player knows what league we are in next season 

If the decision has not been declared, the EFL couldn't stop us buying a player.

b is possibly valid though

Guest Grandad
27 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Here’s my pointless post to waste some pages 

My hope is we’ve won the case but have been told to keep it on the down low for some reason.  Maybe until the Derby result is known?  

Tune in for page 594 where I will post the reasons why I think we’ve lost the case 

I'll be amazed if the undisclosed fee isn't the regulation compensation for an Academy player switching clubs

Hes literally never played a league game. For anybody

7 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

an embargo DOESN'T mean you can't sign players!!!!

it means any signing has to be within set limits eg/ within a set price range (fee) and within set wage limit

this signing is obvs within the boundary of an embargo 

Go on then I’ll ask the obvs question:

How do you know there’s an embargo?

Guest mrbluesky
28 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

an embargo DOESN'T mean you can't sign players!!!!

it means any signing has to be within set limits eg/ within a set price range (fee) and within set wage limit

this signing is obvs within the boundary of an embargo 

Nearly, the EFL have to sanction it, as well, even if it`s within the parameters